• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Suggestions for a Flourless Main Dish Recipe?

In summary, some good substitutes for flour in recipes include almond flour, coconut flour, oat flour, and gluten-free flour blends. It's important to check the recipe for any additional modifications when using a gluten-free flour blend. There are also many recipes that don't require any flour at all, such as crustless quiches and flourless chocolate cakes. To ensure a good texture in no flour recipes, it's important to use the right ingredients in the right proportions and to add in ingredients like chia seeds or flaxseed meal. When baking with alternative flours, it's important to measure carefully, use specific recipes, and adjust baking time and temperature. Properly storing alternative flours can also help maintain freshness and prevent off flavors
kjgardn
I am doing a show for a bunch of older ladies. They want me to cook a main dish but my hostess can't have any flour. Does anyone know of a good recipe that doesn't have flour in it that I could make? I have gone through my recipes and nothing is really jumping out at me.

A salad maybe? I was going to suggest the mandarin pasta chicken salad - but the pasta would be flour.:rolleyes:

You could do the chicken in the microwave - there's a bit of flour in the seasoning, but she could peel off the skin and eat it....and then do the Strawberry Spinach salad with it! Have the chicken roasting in the Microwave while you do the salad demo. I just did this combo a few weeks ago for some older ladies - and they were totally sold!

If you want pasta, you could use rice noodles. I've made Spicy Thai Noodles before and I really liked them. You could even do the 10 min Pork Tenderloin. Or even better yet the Pork Tenderloin salad. You would show off a lot more tools.

What about the wilted spinach salad with candied pepper bacon? I don't think there is ANY flour in that and it is delish!

Butch's Tex MexHere's a great recipe that been "pamperized". Enjoy!

Attachments

• Butch's Wild West Tex-Mex Salad.doc
    66 KB · Views: 364
The Colossal Chopped Salad. Just leave out the noodles. When I did it I served the noodles separately that way the people could decide if they wanted noodles in their salad or not.

Greek Lemon Rice soup from It's Good For You. You may need to get gluten-free broth, but your host can tell you where she gets hers.

Thank you all for your help! Hopefully I can pull this off.

1. What are some good substitutes for flour in recipes?

Some popular options for replacing flour in recipes include almond flour, coconut flour, oat flour, and gluten-free flour blends. You can also use mashed bananas or applesauce for a more natural substitution.

2. Can I use a gluten-free flour blend in all recipes?

While a gluten-free flour blend can work well in many recipes, it's always best to check the specific recipe to see if there are any other modifications needed. Some recipes may require additional binding agents or adjustments to the liquid ratio when using a gluten-free flour blend.

3. Are there any recipes that don't require any flour at all?

Yes, there are many delicious recipes that don't require any flour at all. Some examples include crustless quiches, flourless chocolate cakes, and grain-free pancakes. You can also try incorporating more vegetables or alternative grains like quinoa or buckwheat into your meals.

4. How do I make sure my no flour recipes still have a good texture?

To ensure a good texture in your no flour recipes, it's important to use the right ingredients in the right proportions. For example, using a combination of almond flour and coconut flour can yield a better texture than just using one or the other. You can also add in ingredients like chia seeds or flaxseed meal for added texture and nutrition.

5. Are there any tips for baking with alternative flours?

Yes, there are several tips for baking with alternative flours. It's important to measure your ingredients carefully and use recipes that have been specifically developed for alternative flours. You may also need to adjust the baking time and temperature, as alternative flours tend to bake faster and at a lower temperature than traditional flour. Lastly, make sure to properly store your alternative flours to maintain their freshness and prevent any off flavors in your baked goods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• annew
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
munkee41182
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Bren706