• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I successfully restart my PC consulting career after a 7-year break?

In summary, to effectively update your knowledge and skills after a 7-year break from working as a PC consultant, you should research new products and technologies, attend training sessions, and connect with other consultants. To rebuild your client base, reach out to previous clients, use social media and networking, and consider special deals. To get back into the Pampered Chef community, attend events, join online groups, and connect with other consultants. Balancing your career as a PC consultant with other responsibilities can be achieved by setting boundaries and prioritizing tasks. Your previous experience as a successful PC consultant can be leveraged by highlighting it in marketing materials and conversations with potential clients, using previous clients as references, and reflecting on past successes and challenges for personal growth
RiverSong
Hello! I'm a former PC consultant & I did very well, a move across the U.S. & a baby now in school (not a baby, but still) I'm trying to jump back in 7 years later. Any help would be appreciated into how to rejoin, I will of course post tips as I get them, I was able to do this full time & made a good living, would love to go back. I still use all my original products!

Yes- welcome! Home Office can link you up with a director in your area. I think being close to where monthly meetings are held is a plus. I'd meet them first and see if they're what you're looking for as a mentor . There are always sign up specials. And please visit our site. It will put you into warp speed with your business.

Hi Everyone..I am new to PC since August I have done very well in the few short months that I have started this Awesome Business. I am open to any suggestions that you may offer. This year I will focus on recruiting to share this awesome business. This has always been a weakness in my past but I am determined to move out of my comfort zone and see where it takes me.

Welcome to you both, RiverSong and CindyB.RiverSong, you asked for advice about re-starting. The basics are the same (talk to lots of people; book shows; share the business), but lots of things have changed in the past several years. I would suggest going through the online training. It's great, and will help you switch gears from the way things used to be done to the way they're done now. Oh, and my baby boy lives in Dallas and will be 29 in May, so I understand when your baby isn't a baby. :-D

1. How can I effectively update my knowledge and skills after a 7-year break?

After a long break from working as a PC consultant, it's important to update your knowledge and skills to keep up with the constantly evolving industry. Start by researching any new products or technologies that have emerged in the past 7 years. Attend training sessions or workshops to brush up on your skills and learn about any changes in the market. You can also connect with other PC consultants through online forums or networking events to stay updated and exchange tips.

2. How can I rebuild my client base after such a long break?

Rebuilding your client base may seem daunting after a 7-year hiatus, but it's not impossible. Start by reaching out to your previous clients and letting them know that you are back in business. Use social media and other online platforms to promote your services and attract new clients. Consider offering special deals or discounts to entice potential customers. Networking with other professionals in your industry can also help you gain new leads and clients.

3. What steps should I take to get back into the Pampered Chef community?

If you were previously a successful PC consultant, chances are you were a part of the Pampered Chef community. Reconnecting with this community is a great way to get back into the swing of things. Attend local or virtual events hosted by Pampered Chef, join online groups or forums, and reach out to other consultants for advice and support. This will not only help you stay updated on the latest products and promotions, but also provide a sense of belonging and support as you restart your career.

4. How can I balance my career as a PC consultant with my other responsibilities?

As a parent and a full-time PC consultant, finding a balance between work and personal life can be challenging. To ensure a successful restart to your career, it's important to set realistic expectations and boundaries. Prioritize your tasks, delegate when necessary, and don't be afraid to say no to projects that you cannot take on. Also, make sure to schedule time for self-care and family to avoid burnout.

5. How can I use my previous experience to my advantage in restarting my PC consulting career?

Your previous experience as a successful PC consultant is a valuable asset that can give you an edge in restarting your career. Use it to your advantage by highlighting it in your marketing materials and conversations with potential clients. Your previous clients can also serve as references and testimonials for your skills and expertise. Additionally, reflect on your past successes and challenges to identify areas for improvement and growth in your new journey as a PC consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Fran Milne
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Rkw363
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • aimee73b