• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transferring Contacts w/o PWS: Anyone Been There?

I have had 7 so far tonight... I have had to check all the details then delete the extra one. A couple were listed more than once because of different e-mails, even though I merged them together before I moved to the new web. One lady was listed 5 times because of different e-mails.Kathleen,How do you know 5 did not migrate? I didn't know this was a possibility. yippee. :yuck:
kam
Staff member
I don't have a PWS....

And I can't remember if I posted this question somewhere else...I apologize if I have.

To transfer my contacts from P3 to the new web....all I have to do is export my contacts from P3 to a csv file and import into the new web, right?

But, now that I have exported my contacts from P3 to a csv file, the new web does not like that file! WTH!

Anyone not have a PWS and transferred their contacts?

OK, you'd think that it would import in the format from their other program! But, no biggie, I just had to switch things around. Lost my notes though.Is that all I have to do? I have already submitted Sample, Supply and individual orders on the new web, so I am "in" there already. Is this all I have to do?None of our past show info transfers, right?THANKS!

I am not sure about the contacts question, but yes, none of the past shows transfer. Keep P3 around for that.
I would contact tech support if you dont get the answer. You can also try checking the Knowledge Base section. I have found a few things there that were NOT in the step by step instructions. The link for that is hidden....upper right corner of the page below your "cart" link.

I experienced the same as Bobbi... Maybe I just needed it drawn out for me but I struggled with the migration. The FB group actually helped me.Kathleen: How's business in York? I have a friend who lives there. :)

esavvymom said:
I am not sure about the contacts question, but yes, none of the past shows transfer. Keep P3 around for that.
I would contact tech support if you dont get the answer. You can also try checking the Knowledge Base section. I have found a few things there that were NOT in the step by step instructions. The link for that is hidden....upper right corner of the page below your "cart" link.

Thanks for the location! There is SO much I can't find on the beta site.

AJPratt said:
I experienced the same as Bobbi... Maybe I just needed it drawn out for me but I struggled with the migration. The FB group actually helped me.

Kathleen: How's business in York? I have a friend who lives there. :)

Everything I am reading talks about the PWS and that doesn't apply so I just wasn't sure what to do.

Ah...I am just a hobbyist right now. Just enough to stay active. How long has your friend lived in York? I have been here 19 years!

For some reason not all contacts will migrate. I was told I could migrate more than once to update. The home office though said it is not necessary to migrate more than once and they do not know why some contacts did not migrate. I was told I would have to put those in manually. Not too happy about that and of course I don't know who didn't migrate until I start searching for them in the new web. So far I have found several.

byrd1956 said:
For some reason not all contacts will migrate. I was told I could migrate more than once to update. The home office though said it is not necessary to migrate more than once and they do not know why some contacts did not migrate. I was told I would have to put those in manually. Not too happy about that and of course I don't know who didn't migrate until I start searching for them in the new web. So far I have found several.
I had 5 not migrate - though have NO idea which ones! Oh well. I am keeping a copy of my exported file from P3 just in case!

kam said:
I had 5 not migrate - though have NO idea which ones! Oh well. I am keeping a copy of my exported file from P3 just in case!
Kathleen,How do you know 5 did not migrate? I didn't know this was a possibility. yippee. :yuck:

chefjeanine said:
Kathleen,How do you know 5 did not migrate? I didn't know this was a possibility. yippee. :yuck:
A pop up appeared after the import and told me how many imported and how many did not.

Has anyone else notices that some of their contacts are listed twice in the new web? I have had 7 so far tonight... I have had to check all the details then delete the extra one. A couple were listed more than once because of different e-mails, even though I merged them together before I moved to the new web. One lady was listed 5 times because of different e-mails. I keep wondering if tracking customers via e-mail is really going to work since many people change e-mails often. I don't and have had the same e-mail for years, but I wonder if I am an exception.

kam said:
A pop up appeared after the import and told me how many imported and how many did not.
Well, if something popped up, I missed it.

chefjeanine said:
Well, if something popped up, I missed it.
Me too. I never saw a pop up.

This past week I discovered that a number of my contacts are listed more than once in the new web. I am guessing that even though I cleaned them up before migrating the are listed more than once because of different e-mails in different order records. Not sure if this is the case, but each time I find multiples of a person I open each record and decide which one to keep with complete editions and then delete the others. This is somewhat frustrating. I am betting the contacts are getting a newsletter at all their e-mail addresses. No wonder each time the e-news goes out I end up with 3 or so people opting out.
Anyone noticed this duplicate/triplicate problem with their contacts?

byrd1956 said:
This past week I discovered that a number of my contacts are listed more than once in the new web. I am guessing that even though I cleaned them up before migrating the are listed more than once because of different e-mails in different order records. Not sure if this is the case, but each time I find multiples of a person I open each record and decide which one to keep with complete editions and then delete the others. This is somewhat frustrating. I am betting the contacts are getting a newsletter at all their e-mail addresses. No wonder each time the e-news goes out I end up with 3 or so people opting out.
Anyone noticed this duplicate/triplicate problem with their contacts?
I double-, triple- and quadruple-checked my contacts when I moved them and after I moved them and there were no duplicates. I went to my e-newsletter list today to make sure I was ready for it to go out and there are three duplicates on the first page. I know they were not there when I migrated. So frustrating!I'm wondering if these people have gone to my website and set up an account and that's why there are two of them? I can't think of any other reason for the doubling a month after I migrated. Any thoughts? I hate to delete a duplicate and mess up someone's account, but I also don't want them getting two newsletters. Grrr. And I thought everything had gone so smoothly for me.Shari in TX

And even weirder, when I click the button to print the list, most of the duplicates only show up on the list once.Shari in TX

I have not checked closely on my list to see if I have had any changes. But have you emailed Tech Support to let them know?? It may not seem like a tech-worthy issue, but if it's happening to you, it may be happening to someone else and they can address it.

I have not contacted tech about this and don't know if I will take the time to do so because the last time I contacted them about a similar problem they told me I would have to manually take care of it and they could not fix it. Today I found that the only contact info that was in the new web on a past customer was her name & e-mail. I manually added her address, phone & notes from p3. It seems there is no pattern to what has not transferred. Am I correct that we were told the first notes would transfer? So far I have not seen any notes transfer.

1. How can I transfer my contacts without using PWS?

To transfer contacts without PWS, you can use a third-party app or software that allows for contact transfer between devices. Some popular options include Google Contacts, iCloud, and Microsoft Outlook.

2. Is it possible to transfer contacts without PWS if I have an iPhone and my friend has an Android?

Yes, it is still possible to transfer contacts without PWS even if you and your friend have different types of devices. As long as both devices have access to the internet, you can use a third-party app or software to transfer the contacts.

3. Do I need to have a computer to transfer contacts without PWS?

No, you do not necessarily need a computer to transfer contacts without PWS. As mentioned, you can use apps or software that allow for contact transfer between devices, which can be done directly from your phone.

4. Will all of my contacts be transferred when using a third-party app or software?

In most cases, yes. However, it is always recommended to double-check that all of your contacts have been successfully transferred. Some apps or software may have limitations on the number of contacts that can be transferred at once.

5. Is there a risk of losing my contacts when transferring without PWS?

There is always a risk of losing contacts during a transfer, regardless of whether or not PWS is used. It is important to back up your contacts before transferring them and to follow the instructions carefully to minimize the chance of any data loss.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• clshirk
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • robochick84
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Becca_in_MD