• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover a Surprising Use for Stoneware in Cold January Nights!

unsavory...uses, I would send them right on over!Ok, that's just gross. I'll never look at mine the same again. lol
straitfan
Gold Member
LOL--Now that we only have 2 more days to sell discounted stoneware in this Frigid January cold! My host tonight is a former consultant, and she shared the funniest thing! Her husband travels a lot and she can't sleep well when he's away because the bed is so cold. So a couple nights ago she cranked the oven to about 275, put the rectangle stone in for a while, then put it in her bed, covered with a pillow while she changed, brushed her teeth etc. and then jumped into a heavenly warm bed! She said she slept like a baby! Just TOO FUNNY!

Last edited:
Wow, now that is a new one.

My husband works nights (cop) and I've been doing the same thing with a rice pad, but I think the stone would work better! :) Is it terrible that I'm totally going to try this?

If we didn't have a waterbed with heater, I would probably give it a try too. Remember reading about the pioneers, etc. that used to have a hot iron thing, or bricks to heat up and put at the foot of the bed?

I had a customer tell me that she uses the microplane grater on her feet to make them soft. She said its just like the ped egg. I was so shocked that I didnt know what to say.

Ok, that's just gross. I'll never look at mine the same again. lol

I'm not sure which is worse...using a kitchen tool on her feet, or her feet being rough enough to need something that sharp. lol

I hope she doesn't use it to cook with too! UGH! Talk about nasty.

Gross! Let's change the subject back to keeping warm. I have found that baked potatoes, I used sweet potatoes, stay warm for hours. Literally! I held one in the car one day because my hands are always so cold. I couldn't believe how long it stayed very warm.

I know! Since she is my mom's friend, I gave her a hard time after my inital shock. It makes me want to sell her a seperate one for her food or get her a pedicure!

Ok I don't read many things on here out loud to my husband, but the microplane grater on the feet actually made me say "Oh that is disgusting" out loud. He said he will never look at ours the same.

Yuck! I might jokingly mention the bed warmer in a show, but NEVER that other use for a MAG! Yikes!Speaking of keeping warm, you can make your own microwaveable heat pads with a long tube sock and a bag of cheap rice. Add a tsp or so of lavender or cloves and you get wonderful aromatherapy when you use it, too! Other things to use in a pad, that keep warm longer than rice, are cherry pits (you can buy them, I'm not suggesting a Bing Binge) and seed corn.

RebelChef said:
Ok, that's just gross. I'll never look at mine the same again. lol

I'm not sure which is worse...using a kitchen tool on her feet, or her feet being rough enough to need something that sharp. lol
Sorry, but I just had to comment. Have you seen the feet on that commercial??? There is no way they can be real. That is some serious funk!!

I don't watch tv much so which commercial? What did I miss? lol

I dislike feet. I refuse to touch anyone else's, even hubby's or my kids'. Baby feet are fine but once they start getting funky, I'm out. :yuck:

RebelChef said:
I don't watch tv much so which commercial? What did I miss? lol

I dislike feet. I refuse to touch anyone else's, even hubby's or my kids'. Baby feet are fine but once they start getting funky, I'm out. :yuck:
I'm with you on the commercial thing (I watch t.v. but no commercials) and the feet thing.

ChefClairissa said:
I had a customer tell me that she uses the microplane grater on her feet to make them soft. She said its just like the ped egg. I was so shocked that I didnt know what to say.

You should have sold her a second one so that she could keep them separate! Yuck! I would hate to hear that she uses it in the kitchen later!:yuck: :eek: :yuck:

The microplane grater is sharp, I couldn't imagine using it like that.

ok, maybe the mag is too sharp....but one of the sales trainers at TPC told me that the hwc kitchen scrubbie thing is great for buffing your feet in the shower.

imagine that!

Just as long as they keep one in the shower and one at the sink and don't mix them up.

You know, if I had a customer who wanted our products for those other uses, I wouldn't have a problem selling them a second or third of each item. I'd just prefer not to know exactly what those other uses were. lol

Reminds me of the post I saw on here about the meat tenderizer and the guests asking exactly what kind of show it was. lol

sfdavis918 said:
Sorry, but I just had to comment. Have you seen the feet on that commercial??? There is no way they can be real. That is some serious funk!!
She got the idea from the Ped Egg commercial.

The ped egg is supposed to keep the funky stuff in the egg ... with the grater you'd have it everywhere! Ick!As for the bed warmer thing ... I don't have a husband and it is so cold in my bedroom because I keep the heat low. I wonder if the bar pan would work ...

Bet I know what you'll be trying tonight! ;)

ChefClairissa said:

YUK YUK YUK YUK:yuck: :yuck:

I've had several customers at shows mention the resemblance between the MAG and a foot file. I usually tell them that the MAG is a very sharp piece of kitchen equipment, but if they promise to be careful with it, I'd be happy to sell them 2 - one for food and one for feet.

1. Can I use stoneware in the freezer?

Yes, stoneware can be used in the freezer. It is oven-safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and can withstand extreme temperature changes, making it a great option for freezing food.

2. Can I put stoneware directly from the freezer into the oven?

Yes, stoneware can go directly from the freezer into a preheated oven. Just be sure to allow the stoneware to thaw for a few minutes before placing it in the oven to avoid any potential cracking.

3. What are some dishes that I can make with stoneware in the winter?

Stoneware is perfect for making casseroles, soups, stews, and roasts in the winter. Its even heat distribution helps to create delicious, hearty meals that will warm you up on cold January nights.

4. How do I clean stoneware after using it in the oven?

Cleaning stoneware is easy and hassle-free. Simply let it cool down completely before washing it with warm water and a mild dish soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils when cleaning to prolong the life of your stoneware.

5. Can I use stoneware on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not suitable for use on the stovetop. It is designed to be used in the oven, microwave, and freezer, but not on direct heat sources like the stovetop or grill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Get_Pampered
  • tlag1986