• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tantalizing Treats: Caramel Sauces for Your Sweet Tooth

In summary, the Tastefully Simple Caramel sauce is $8.99 for 11 oz. It is made of Cream, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Butter, Vanilla and Salt. Pampered Chef Caramel: $10, 9 oz and has more ingredients than I can type. I LOVE Pampered Chef! :love::love: I just wonder why we are getting so heavily into competition with other direct sellers of perishable kitchen products!I was wondering that too.
mspibb
Gold Member
I admit to an addiction. Tastefully Simple Creamy Caramel Sauce. They sell these pretzel shaped graham crackers you can dip in the caramel. MMM tasty! Or marshmallows, tastes just like the modjeskas they sell at Cracker Barrel. (Can you say Sweet tooth?)
The Tastefully Simple Caramel sauce is $8.99 for 11 oz. It is made of Cream, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Butter, Vanilla and Salt.
Pampered Chef Caramel: $10, 9 oz and has more ingredients than I can type.
I LOVE Pampered Chef! :love::love: I just wonder why we are getting so heavily into competition with other direct sellers of perishable kitchen products!

I was wondering that too. It's funny when the others copy us, but let's not be like them and try to copy them.

Actually, Pampered Chef used to have a lot of Pantry Items - before there even was a Tastefully Simple. I heard at some point that there was some connection when TS first started, like it was former PC consultants who started it...something - I can't remember.

I've also heard that consumables sell - even in a down market - which may be why PC is focusing more on Pantry items right now.

Has anybody done a taste comparison between the new Caramel Sauce and the grocery brands such as Smuckers? I know people are going to look at me like I've gone crazy when I mention the sauce unless there is a marked difference (and improvement).

I LOVE the new caramel!!!! I also LOVE Tastefully Simple's caramel.. ALOT! I am not sure if I could tell the two apart in a taste test but I sure am willing to try! My kids love Hershey Caramel for ice cream sauce and to dip their apples in. Ours is far and away fantastic compared to that even though the hershey is good. I do wish it was a larger jar for the price but it is super yummy! Having said all this, lots of us caramel lovers are very picky about our caramel so take it all for the nickel or so that it's worth!
The choc. raspberry is amazing as well.

Sam Walton would teach us all that consumables sustain a business - "hardlines" (retail word for the non-pantry items we sell in our catalog) create less of a need for a retailers goods/services. Copying is the highest form of flattery. I know my guests won't spend that price on something so little but there is obviously a market out there b/c Tastefully Simple does well. Consumables become your hook - line - and sinker to repeat business. We just have to believe in it first (starting with myself).

I wish we would do more 'dips' like TS because if I had a buck for everytime someone said "do you sell that spinich dip in the spice jar?" I could stop selling PC. (and I would give an arm for their almond pound cake to be in my catalog.)

Variety is the 'spice' of life - or to the catalog. :)

I've had two different people host parties recently because they wanted spice blends or rubs. I think of these new sauces as a great add-on, especially when an extra $10 will make a customer qualified for the guest special.

I have a good friend (she was actually my recruiter, but is no longer a consultant) who LOVES anything Choc-Rasp. She booked a Sept. Show specifically to get the sauces. We're doing a show that will feature them. I'm thinking Deb's Ice Cream Nachos.

Good points, all. You have made me a believer! I am ready to sell some sauce!

Hey Becky....could you post recipe for the Ice Cream Nachos? AM doing a dessert party shortly and would love to make those! Thanks..

Pantry caramel is way better than Smuckers and Hershey's!!! I would also like the recipe for ice cream nachos, please. :)

ooo, Becky the ice cream nachos sounds enticing! please share!

Last edited:
~ where is that recipe?.....oh, B e c k y.......

I think it's the recipe DebPC shared on FB. I'll go round it up and post it. Hope they don't mind...

Here's what Deb shared:

What you've all been waiting for! I got this recipe/idea from notes passed down from Patti Mocerino. Thanks Patti!

Ingredients:
flour tortillas
cinnamon
sugar
Vanilla ice cream
2-3 Bananas
1 lb. Strawberries
whole, fresh pineapple
Nuts
Chocolate bar
Cool whip
Hot Fudge
Caramel sauce

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2. Mix equal parts cinnamon and sugar in the FLOUR/SUGAR SHAKER.

3. Lay out 2 tortillas on the LARGE GROOVED CUTTING BOARD. Brush with water using CHEF'S SILICONE BASTING BRUSH. Sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.

4. Using PIZZA CUTTER, cut tortillas into triangles. Transfer to LARGE BAR PAN (or any other flat stone). Bake for 8-10 mins or until brown and crisp.

5. Spread tortilla chips all over the RECTANGULAR PLATTER WITH HANDLES

6. Rinse strawberries in the MESH COLANDERS.

7. Use the CORE N MORE to remove stems and then slice with the EGG SLICER PLUS. Place sliced strawberries in 2 CUP PREP BOWL.

8. Slice bananas with the EGG SLICER PLUS and place in 2 CUP PREP BOWL.

9. Using the LARGE GROOVED CUTTING BOARD and the FORGED CHEF’S KNIFE, cut the top and bottom off the pineapple and then cut in half horizontally (through the equator).

10. Cut both pieces of the pineapple using the PINEAPPLE WEDGER then cut the fruit into smaller chunks with the CHEF’S KNIFE.

11. Toast nuts in the 8" SAUTE PAN and then chop the nuts using the FOOD CHOPPER.

12. Using the SKINNY SCRAPER, place hot fudge in the SMALL MICROCOOKER and cook for 30-60 seconds until melted.

13. Place caramel dip in a 1 C PREP BOWL and microwave until warm/melted.

14. Using the MEDIUM SCOOP, fill the EASY ACCENT DECORATOR with Cool Whip.

15. Get the ice cream from the freezer and scoop on top of chips using the ICE CREAM DIPPER.

16. Add the strawberries, bananas, and pineapple on top of ice cream.

17. Top with Cool Whip in EASY ACCENT DECORATOR.

18. Use V-SHAPED CUTTER & SMALL BAMBOO SPOONS to drizzle hot fudge and caramel over all.

19. Garnish with chopped nuts and grate chocolate over the entire platter using the MICROPLANE ADJUSTABLE GRATER.

20. Serve using CHEF’S TOOLS SLOTTED TURNER OR SPOON.

Note: You can also keep all the components separate and have everyone build their own nacho sundae.

Consultant Friends--tip for you--I usually make the tortilla chips at home and bring them to the show. That way they are cool and you're not putting ice cream on hot chips.

Attachments

• 38263_1535850002187_1412949687_31369559_7231849_n.jpg
    38263_1535850002187_1412949687_31369559_7231849_n.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 415
O...M...G!!! This sounds and looks DELICIOSO!!!

Thanks for posting!!! And thanks to Patti and Deb for sharing!

1. What flavors of caramel sauce are included in the "Tantalizing Treats" set?

The "Tantalizing Treats" set includes three delicious flavors of caramel sauce: classic, sea salt, and chocolate.

2. Are these caramel sauces suitable for people with dietary restrictions?

Yes, our caramel sauces do not contain any gluten, dairy, or artificial flavors and are suitable for those with dietary restrictions.

3. How should I store the caramel sauces after opening?

We recommend storing the caramel sauces in the refrigerator after opening to maintain their freshness and flavor.

4. Can these caramel sauces be used as a topping for ice cream?

Absolutely! Our caramel sauces are the perfect topping for ice cream, as well as other desserts like cakes, brownies, and fruit.

5. Are these caramel sauces made with high-quality ingredients?

Yes, our caramel sauces are made with high-quality, all-natural ingredients to ensure the best taste and quality for our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Jennie50