• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble With Local Dislike of New Cookbook Recipes

In summary, some people don't like the new recipes in the cookbook, and one customer had pages missing from the book.
Jennie4PC
I was wondering if any of you have had people say they don't like the recipes in the new cookbook? I just had 2 hostess say they dont like the recipes, I had to actually drop off last seasons cookbook for one of the hostess. One of the problems we have is we live in a small town so it is harder to get some of the stuff.

I had a host say she didn't want one because her husband wouldn't eat most of what was in there!

I have a few people say that they don't like the new recipes. That they use ingredients that most people aren't familiar with, or don't like or sometimes even hard to get. They are also more time consuming than some of the others and for bringing people back to the table, I don't think it really goes. So, I have to agree with the majority of the comments that I have heard.

Also, here is a funny... I had customer order one of them... the book came, but it had pages missing. The book had a cover, but started at page 9!!

Obviously, I needed to contact the HO to get a replacement and get an adjustment.

I have had people excited to get them as they're looking for something a little different. One of my fellow consultants and I were joking though that they shouldn't come up with any recipes with ingredients you can't find at a Walmart Superstore for those of us that live in more rural areas. I know I have had a hard time finding some of the items in the past and we don't have any specialty shops in the town I live in. I think for the price though, that people are happy with a few new ideas and the chocolate pecan lattice tart alone has been a big hit at my shows.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your hostesses didn't like the recipes in the new cookbook. Every person's taste is different, so it's not uncommon for some people to not enjoy certain recipes. However, as a Pampered Chef consultant, I always encourage my hostesses to try out the recipes before hosting a party, so they can choose ones that they personally enjoy. If you are having trouble finding ingredients in your small town, don't hesitate to reach out to me for suggestions or substitutions. I want your parties to be successful and for your guests to love the food!

What are some common reasons for local dislike of new cookbook recipes?

Some common reasons for local dislike of new cookbook recipes include unfamiliar ingredients, complicated instructions, and the recipes not aligning with local tastes and preferences.

How can I address unfamiliar ingredients in new cookbook recipes?

If the new cookbook recipes include unfamiliar ingredients, it can be helpful to provide substitutions or alternative ingredient options. You can also offer tips on where to find these ingredients locally or how to order them online.

What can I do to simplify complicated instructions in new cookbook recipes?

If the new cookbook recipes have complicated instructions, you can break them down into smaller, more manageable steps. You can also provide visual aids, such as photos or videos, to help make the instructions easier to follow.

How can I ensure that new cookbook recipes align with local tastes and preferences?

To ensure that new cookbook recipes align with local tastes and preferences, you can conduct market research and gather feedback from your local customers. You can also collaborate with local chefs or food experts to get their insights and incorporate them into your recipes.

What should I do if a new cookbook recipe receives negative feedback from the local community?

If a new cookbook recipe receives negative feedback from the local community, it is essential to listen to their feedback and take it into consideration. You can also offer alternatives or modifications to the recipe to better suit the local tastes. Additionally, gathering more feedback and making improvements can help rebuild trust with the local community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • esavvymom