• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are the top recipes for this season's best dishes?

In summary, the conversation was about a group of friends getting together and trying out different recipes from a cookbook. They all raved about the delicious and easy-to-make dishes, including Crab Rangoon dip, Brown Sugar Dijon Brie, Asian Noodle Skillet, Mini Pesto Pizzas, and Molten Chocolate Cake. Some even suggested using these recipes for Pampered Chef shows or for feeding coworkers. The recipes were a hit and everyone was excited to try more in the future.
ljeffries
Ok, I had friends over tonight for movie night. I made the Crab Rangood spread/dip--super, super easy and very, very good. I made the Brown Sugar Dijon Brie and it lasted about 10 minutes. Made the Asian Noodle Skillet (for the 3rd time this wee) - and it was just as good as it has been every other time. Finally, I did the brownies - and they were almost all gone when everyone left.

I really think the test kitchen folks did a great job this time with Season's Best this season!!:D

I TOTALLY agree! I have made more recipes out of the book this week than I usually do all season long! Everything I have tried is scrumptious!!!

I made the Mini Pesto Pizzas for DH to take to work for their regular food day - cut them in 1/2 so he would have 30 to take. He was concerned because the pizzas would only be room temperature and most people wouldn't bother to heat them up... even if you told them to. The first guy that tried them (who is fairly reserved) apparently said, "Holy Sh!t... these are good". When DH went back to get more food (about 30 minutes later), he said the plate was empty and everyone was raving about them! Now if I could only get these idiots that he works with to have a show...

oooooh. I can't wait to try the mini pesto pizzas! If they turnout good I'm making them at my next show!

katie0128 said:
I made the Mini Pesto Pizzas for DH to take to work for their regular food day - cut them in 1/2 so he would have 30 to take. He was concerned because the pizzas would only be room temperature and most people wouldn't bother to heat them up... even if you told them to. The first guy that tried them (who is fairly reserved) apparently said, "Holy Sh!t... these are good". When DH went back to get more food (about 30 minutes later), he said the plate was empty and everyone was raving about them! Now if I could only get these idiots that he works with to have a show...

Would your DH be willing to collect orders? You could "pamper the business." He takes something yummy, along with catalogs and order forms. You could even do a mystery host thing by letting them know that one of the people placing an order would wind up with host benefits. Just a thought.

Your friends are very lucky to get treated to all that yummy food! I mean, I have occasionally whipped out the Aloha Pizza for friends, and the Molten Lava Choc Cake in the micro, but not a full-course meal like you did! All kidding aside, I must say, those recipes are all fairly quick and easy, too!

I have to say these recipes this season are as yummy sounding as last season's! I liked the sounds of almost all of the recipes in the SBCB!

Great I can't wait to try all of these this week. My step daughter goes in for surgery on her leg..so while she is laid up and we are all home, time for my guinee pigs on food...LOL.
Can't wait to try the crab rangoon Dip. Lord that is one of my favorites....MMMMM

Crab rangoon dip--do I remember correctly that it goes in the MINI baker? About how many people did that serve? I can't wait to try it, it sounds yummy.

The crab dip served 8 with about 1/2 cup left over...
Today at our cluster meeting, we had the mini pizzas, crab rangoon dip, warm caramel brownies, the brownie cups, the brunch recipena, jerk chicken nachos, the brie and the minty torte (my made up names of course). There was not one of the recipes that was not good! Of course, some would be harder to do as show recipes than others.

Molton Chocolate cake? In the mini cake pan? Man if its in the reg fluted pan, i would love to have that! YUM!! hehe!! :)

Molton Chocolate Cake is made in the Rice Cooker in the microwave. It's quite yummy and has a big WOW factor. If you look up rice cooker recipes in the files, it's in there. Enjoy!

Ruthie

ljeffries said:
Ok, I had friends over tonight for movie night. I made the Crab Rangood spread/dip--super, super easy and very, very good. I made the Brown Sugar Dijon Brie and it lasted about 10 minutes. Made the Asian Noodle Skillet (for the 3rd time this wee) - and it was just as good as it has been every other time. Finally, I did the brownies - and they were almost all gone when everyone left.

I really think the test kitchen folks did a great job this time with Season's Best this season!!:D

BE SURE TO E-MAIL HO WITH YOUR POSITIVE FEEDBACK! THEY'D LOVE TO HEAR IT!!!!

The crab ragoon is not a new recipe - it's in one of the cookbooks, just can't remember which one right now.

I made it for a end of year baseball party for my son 2 years ago and everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. Back then I wasn't brave enough to say, I'll give it to you when you have your show:)!

It's in the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook. It's in the create-a-dip recipes. They changed it for the SB and made it into a microwave recipe. The Chicken Fiesta dip is really good too. I serve that with Tostitos Lime tortilla chips. It never lasts long either!

Ruthie

is there a molton cake for the fluted pan? because that would be good, but that is also the product i have!! haha but thanks for the info!!Heather~

I have to say that after having the warm nutty caramel brownies tonight, I am not that excited about them. It could be because by the time we ate them they weren't warm any longer and the caramel was sticking to my teeth. Yuck! It was like eating Milk Duds and I don't choose to eat Milk Duds because they stick to the teeth. I thought they were too chewy. I think I'll try less brown sugar and use caramel filled Hershey's Kisses. The mint torte was awesome, and I'm not even a mint fan. The brownie truffle things were great. I loved the dip with the cream cheese, cinnamon sprinkles, cool whip? and chocolate swirled. The mocha skillet cake was okay. I made mini pesto pizzas. They were simple to make and tasted good. I liked the pizza with artichokes and hummus. The blueberry and pine nut salad with chicken was very good (from the 29 minutes ckbk I think). The tangy brie was good. Other things were okay, but I named my favorites.
Needless to say, I was stuffed and I can't get myself calm enough to sleep after all that chocolate. Oh and the raspberry fizz bev was wonderful. Not sure about the other drink with lots of lime (name?). It was a little too Lime-y.

I made the brownies last night with the caramel kisses and I really loved them! No caramel stuck to your teeth and we did not eat them warm. I was having a dinner for my dad and I wanted everything to be done and ready so they were still good even though they were not just out of the oven. Everyone loved them!

JAE said:
I have to say that after having the warm nutty caramel brownies tonight, I am not that excited about them. It could be because by the time we ate them they weren't warm any longer and the caramel was sticking to my teeth. Yuck! It was like eating Milk Duds and I don't choose to eat Milk Duds because they stick to the teeth. I thought they were too chewy. I think I'll try less brown sugar and use caramel filled Hershey's Kisses. The mint torte was awesome, and I'm not even a mint fan. The brownie truffle things were great. I loved the dip with the cream cheese, cinnamon sprinkles, cool whip? and chocolate swirled. The mocha skillet cake was okay. I made mini pesto pizzas. They were simple to make and tasted good. I liked the pizza with artichokes and hummus. The blueberry and pine nut salad with chicken was very good (from the 29 minutes ckbk I think). The tangy brie was good. Other things were okay, but I named my favorites.
Needless to say, I was stuffed and I can't get myself calm enough to sleep after all that chocolate. Oh and the raspberry fizz bev was wonderful. Not sure about the other drink with lots of lime (name?). It was a little too Lime-y.

I too, made the brownies and I did not like them. The rolo candies have that 'cheap' chocolate taste and they were not very good cold. The chocolate caramel kisses sound devine and think where you could go with that! Im thinking the peanut butter ones would be excellent! Im having my first show for co workers and it will be a chocolate bliss. After reading tons of material on here, Im really thinking about cooking everything ahead of time and just doing some demos of the cookware and a few items and letting them eat. What chocolate dishes do all of you recommend that they will love and I could actually handle as a Rookie?

JAE said:
JAE and I were at the same Extended Cluster Meeting where we tried all these things - I think we liked most of the same stuff. Her Mini Pesto Pizzas were awesome! I made the Mediterranean Hummus Pizza - and while I (and JAE) really liked it, I don't think I would demo it - too many people don't like one or more of the ingredients - and it was almost $19 to make - but it does show alot of products! The Mint Torte was extreme chocolate! Very rich, but oh so good! It would feed a ton of people - just because a little goes a long way! The Blueberry Chicken salad was very good - and the lady who made it said it was a good demo recipe too. Oh - and the little avocado/salsa tortilla cup thingys (in the new SB) - I could have eaten the whole tray of those!
The Lemon Lime Fizz was way too limey - but the person who made it said she followed the directions - and next time she would only use 1 lime instead of 2.ETA- I agree w/ JAE about the brownies - I thought they were also gritty, possibly from too much brown sugar. I'm wondering if you make chewy brownies w/o adding extra brown sugar, and then use the Caramel Kisses, if they would be better? Anyway - when eaten beside, and compared to some of the other chocolate treats - they just didn't shine. The ones I liked the best were the Mint Torte, the Brownie Truffle Cups, and the Double Chocolate Cinnamon dip (we had it with apple slices - and it was soooo good!)

Last edited:
Has anyone made the chocolate raspberry trifle yet? I made this and thought it was awful. It ended up in the garbage. My family did not like it either. Not sure if I made it wrong. I had a hard time with the pudding and milk. It seemed to dry and got hard to stir so I started over and used more milk. That should have not bearing on the taste though.

minersmix said:
Has anyone made the chocolate raspberry trifle yet? I made this and thought it was awful. It ended up in the garbage. My family did not like it either. Not sure if I made it wrong. I had a hard time with the pudding and milk. It seemed to dry and got hard to stir so I started over and used more milk. That should have not bearing on the taste though.

We had it at the Cluster Meeting last night - it looked pretty - but it wasn't one of my favorites. It didn't seem dry at all though. One of my best friends is having a show in Sept. She is a raspberry/chocolate combo FREAK (!) and has requested that I make it w/ chocolate fudge pudding instead of the white chocolate. After sampling it last night, I think that might be better. Also - the consultant who made it, and another director who say it made at conference, both said that you would have to do a TON of prep work in order to make it a good demo recipe.

At my cluster meeting last night we had a huge spread but because I am a picky eater didn't try everything. I brought the Noodle skillet and thought it was quick easy and delicious.

We had:
Med Hummus squares (didn't try these - big yuck on the Hummus and the Artichokes for me)
Jerk Nachos (very good - a little plain)
Avacado thingies (didn't try these - detest avacado)
Meatballs covered with rice (very dry - definitely need the sauce, which was better than the meatballs)
Cran Rangoon dip (yummy yummy!!)
10-minute pork w/bread to make sandwiches (good)
Pork Salad w/ corn in it (didn't try - don't like cold corn)
Asian Pork Noodle skillet (LOVED it)
Turtle Fudge Skillet cake (always a winner)
Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies (extremely good - not a good show recipe. The girl who made it said it took longer than an hour)

Those are my thoughts. I can't wait to try some more recipes.

Chef Kearns said:
Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies (extremely good - not a good show recipe. The girl who made it said it took longer than an hour)

Are you kidding me? This is a great show recipe with just a little prep work. They key is getting the brownies in the oven right away and then doing the toppings while it's baking. It shouldn't take an hour to make these.

Re: warm nutty caramel brownies:thumbup: I agree! The first time I made the brownies it did take little longer than it should have but i was reading the recipe as i went along. Also I have made these several times and agree to cut back on the brown sugar and even put a little less choc. morsels in the batter and reserve for the melted chocolate on top. I also cut back on the nuts a little to keep them from being so messy (falling off as you eat them).
Last night I tried the Avocado Salsa Cups---------FANTASTIC!!! And soooooo easy to make-I couldnt keep my boyfriend out of the avocado filling, barely made it in the cups, I think it would make a great salsa - just double it.

ChefBeckyD said:
We had it at the Cluster Meeting last night - it looked pretty - but it wasn't one of my favorites. It didn't seem dry at all though. One of my best friends is having a show in Sept. She is a raspberry/chocolate combo FREAK (!) and has requested that I make it w/ chocolate fudge pudding instead of the white chocolate. After sampling it last night, I think that might be better. Also - the consultant who made it, and another director who say it made at conference, both said that you would have to do a TON of prep work in order to make it a good demo recipe.

I have made the Trifle two times and thought that it would be a GREAT demo recipe. The first time of course took a bit longer, but the second time I was done - start to finish - in less than 40 minutes and that includes the time it took to break an entire box of vanilla wafers in half! If I was doing this for a show, I would either have the host do this ahead of time or have one or two guests do it while I was doing something else. The only thing I would do before the show is mix the pudding and milk. The longer the mixture can set-up in the refrigerator, the thicker it becomes.

Personally, I don't think there is much prep work at all and it is very guest interactive - using food chopper for chocolate chips, making gnoche (I know I didn't spell it correctly, oh well!), actually layering the trifle, stirring the raspberries and jelly. I think it would be SO easy to have "PC novices" basically do the whole demo while just directing them - or use it as a New Consultant recipe!

I'm planning on trying it this weekend with strawberries instead of raspberries... just to see how it tastes!

ETA - just realized that I'm mixing the chocolate recipes in my head - no food chopper for trifle... but still yummy and a really good demo IMHO!

Last edited:
DebbieJ said:
Are you kidding me? This is a great show recipe with just a little prep work. They key is getting the brownies in the oven right away and then doing the toppings while it's baking. It shouldn't take an hour to make these.

I haven't made it yet, I was just going by what she was saying about it.:eek: She didn't have good things to say. It looked yummy and was very very good! She had made it with her dad (her director) twice then once by herself for the cluster meeting and it was still just about an hour. Too long in my opinion. Once again, I haven't made it myself to know for sure!:angel:

I have a question. Does anyone find that the blades on their chopper dull? When I made the brownies on Sunday and I was chopping the chocolate morsels, it seemed ridiculously difficult to get them smaller. Is that normal or is it my chopper?

My chocolate chips don't like getting small, either. So I use the mini chips instead. :) The recipe still shows the chopper for the nuts.

One thing we discussed at our meeting last night is tossing the morsels in the freezer as soon as you begin your show (or give them at least 20 minutes in there) then chop them. They will be easier to thoroughly chop and handle.

chefann said:
My chocolate chips don't like getting small, either. So I use the mini chips instead. :) The recipe still shows the chopper for the nuts.

Most of the boys in my house dont like nuts so I didnt put them although I love them in chocolate! Whew! Im glad to hear it wasnt my chopper!:eek:

We had our meeting last night that we tried everything. I made the Mini Pesto Pizzas & thought those were awesome! I wasn't too sure on them because of the pesto, but they were great & a super-easy show recipe! Hardly any prep work to be done & they take no time in the oven--just 12 minutes!

I liked the jerk chicken nachos too. I'm not a fan of the jerk rub so I wasn't sure on them, but they were good. The caramel brownies weren't as good as I thought they should be, but they were cold when we ate them. So I'm going to try them myself & see if they are better warm. The tangy brie was ok, but I couldn't taste much in it. I want to try the other two because I'm not sure if many of my guests would even try the tangy one.

I thought the chocolate desserts were ok, but not as fabulous as I hoped. I really want to try the chocolate dip, maybe that will be good. I really like this season's themes though--much better than some of the past ones in my opinion!

Oh--when I made the trifle at home, I used cheesecake pudding instead of white chocolate & it was good!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I really want to try the chocolate dip, maybe that will be good. I really like this season's themes though--much better than some of the past ones in my opinion!
Someone made that for our meeting last week, and it was REALLY good!

Can someone please post the recipe for that? Sounds delish!:balloon:

Denarella said:
Can someone please post the recipe for that? Sounds delish!:balloon:

It's on CC - under recipes.

ChefBeckyD said:
It's on CC - under recipes.

I know. I dont have access to that yet because my agreement gets turned in in a week and a half....:(

Denarella said:
I know. I dont have access to that yet because my agreement gets turned in in a week and a half....:(

The Pampered Chef ®
Double Chocolate Cinnamon Dip
Recipe

3 squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate for baking
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chocolate ice cream topping
7 cups assorted fresh fruit dippers such as apple wedges, pear wedges or whole strawberries
Cinnamon Crunch Chips (optional)

Coarsely chop chocolate with Santoku Knife; place into Small Micro-Cooker®. Add half of the whipped topping and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute or until melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval.

In Small Batter Bowl, combine chocolate mixture and cream cheese; whisk until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Fold in remaining whipped topping and cinnamon sprinkle using Classic Scraper.

Spread half of the dip into chilled Simple Additions® Dots Round Bowl; drizzle with 1/4 cup of the ice cream topping. Spread to form an even layer with Small Spreader. Top with remaining dip; spread to form a smooth surface. Place remaining 2 tablespoons ice cream topping into Prep Bowl; microwave on HIGH 10 seconds. Drizzle in a spiral pattern over dip. Drag wooden pick through ice cream topping, forming a swirled pattern.

Prepare fruit for dipping. Place bowl onto center of Simple Additions® Large Round Platter; arrange fruit and chips, if desired, around dip.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: (about 2 tablespoons dip, 1/2 cup fruit): Calories 190, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 65 mg, Fiber 2 g

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pampered Chef ®
Cinnamon Crunch Chips
Recipe

4 (7-inch) flour tortillas
2 tablespoons Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle

Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray tortillas with water using Kitchen Spritzer. Sprinkle cinnamon sprinkle over tortillas. Using Pizza Cutter, cut each tortilla into eight wedges; arrange in a single layer on Large Round Stone.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and crisp. Remove chips from baking stone to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

Yield: 32 chips (16 servings)

Nutrients per serving: Light (2 chips): Calories 25, Total Fat .5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 65 mg, Fiber 0 g

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Oops! I forgot about the Mini-Pesto Pizzas. They were the meeting. They were cold, but very very good! We also had the Tang Brie, but I wasn't even going to try it becuase of the peppers.

I told ya'll I was picky! :D

Kelly beat me to it while I was looking up something to answer Kelly's question on another thread!:D

This was SO GOOD! We had it at our cluster meeting last night w/ apple slices and I LOVED it!

Thanks SOO very much, Kelly. I really appreciate it!

Dena

ChefBeckyD said:
Kelly beat me to it while I was looking up something to answer Kelly's question on another thread!:D

This was SO GOOD! We had it at our cluster meeting last night w/ apple slices and I LOVED it!

Thanks for the thought!:balloon: ( I LOVE this lil' balloon guy!)

I have made the chocolate brownies 6 times. The first time I made them I used the food chopper and it was horrible how long it took. I also used the premium mixed nuts instead of regular.

The second time I made them I used the Santoku Knife instead of the chopper for the chocolate and it worked wonderfully. I also used the generic mixed nuts and it tasted better. Something about the peanuts being in there really helped. Since then everyone in my family keeps requesting I make them. I don't really like these kind of sweets so I never ate a full brownie but when I tasted one it was not chewy and I got one of the rolo pieces. I wonder if the amount of time between taking the brownies out of the oven and inserting the rolos matters? I placed them right away in the brownies and put the extra on the top, they immediately started melting, just a thought.

Jennifer

I have made the brownies twice and agree that the chopper is not the best tool for the chocolate chip chopping job....I used the crinkle cutter and it was super easy. Otherwise, I'll be using the mini morsels in the future.

BTW, I'm a chocolate lover, but thought these were just too sweet....on the other hand, I have had several people tell me that these were "the best brownies that they've had in their life", and one person demand the recipe, so I'll keep making them. Can't wait to try all the other recipes!

I've discovered that the chocolate chunks chop better than the regular chips. And, yes, mini chips are a quick alternative.

My director made trifle with strawberries instead of raspberries and she said that she would not recommend it. I believe that she said they get all mushed up (her terminology), but everyone at the show ate it and there was none left.

1. What are some popular recipes for this season's best dishes?

Some of the top recipes for this season's best dishes include Crab Rangoon spread/dip, Brown Sugar Dijon Brie, Asian Noodle Skillet, and brownies.

2. How easy are these recipes to make?

All of these recipes are very easy to make, especially the Crab Rangoon spread/dip and Brown Sugar Dijon Brie. They require minimal ingredients and can be made in just a few steps.

3. Are these recipes suitable for a party or gathering?

Yes, these recipes are perfect for a party or gathering. They are great for sharing and can be easily doubled or tripled to serve a larger group.

4. Can these recipes be made ahead of time?

Yes, all of these recipes can be made ahead of time. The Crab Rangoon spread/dip and Brown Sugar Dijon Brie can be prepared the day before and refrigerated until ready to serve. The Asian Noodle Skillet can also be made ahead of time and reheated before serving.

5. Are there any other recipes in the Season's Best collection that are worth trying?

Absolutely! The Pampered Chef test kitchen always does a great job curating the Season's Best collection. Some other highly recommended recipes include the Chicken Fajita Pizza, Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Scampi, and the Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • PampMomof3
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom