• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director New Requirements for E-Mail Addresses

In summary, the new Policies and Procedures state that it is inappropriate to use The Pampered Chef® corporate name, the tagline, any trademark used by the Company or any derivation of such, for instance, “pamper,” “pampered,” “chef,” “discover,” “in you,” etc. as part of an e-mail address or domain name.
PamperedChefDebi
Silver Member
Have any of you noticed this in the new Policies and Procedures:

Except as otherwise provided in these policies, it is inappropriate to use The Pampered Chef® corporate name, the tagline, any trademark used by the Company or any derivation of such, for instance, “pamper,” “pampered,” “chef,” “discover,” “in you,” etc. as part of an e-mail address or domain name.

So, I, for one, will have to change my email address.

Also, we are to use the title Independent Sale Director now.

FYI: Neither of those are new policies... they are page 19 of the current policies and procedures. So that's not a new change.

I've seen that - anyone know when that became policy?

Personally, I think it's a little overboard and I have no intentions of changing my email address anytime soon. I can understand not using several of those words/phrases together - but singling out and banning the individual words in an email address is really anal and I really don't see how they can monitor or prohibit it.

finley1991 said:
FYI: Neither of those are new policies... they are page 19 of the current policies and procedures. So that's not a new change.

Wow, I never saw those changes before and I know they weren't in effect when I created my email address or became a Director. I wonder why they don't make it clearer when small things like that change. In Air Force publications, when something changes, they print a vertical line in the left margin by the new info so it's clearer what is new/different. Perhaps I'll suggest something like that so we are sure not to miss it.

Colleen is right, it's been that way for a while. I don't think you have to worry about changing your email address, but I think they DID make people change their PWS addresses if it had those words in them. I remember Erin on CS having a problem. I've always referred to myself as an independent Sales Director--that's not a new thing to me.

Debi said:
In Air Force publications, when something changes, they print a vertical line in the left margin by the new info so it's clearer what is new/different. Perhaps I'll suggest something like that so we are sure not to miss it.

That's an awesome idea!!!!

OK you guys, I feel like I've been living under a rock....

Please... the fact that you EVEN LOOKED at the policies puts you well ahead of a lot of consultants!!!!... (my team for example... Policies? We have policies? Ebay? No? MySapce? Grrrrrrrrr :mad:)

I think when the policy came out, in certain circumstances we were grandfathered in. Like my email address starts cheflisa...and my website has cheflisahewitt. I have had no problems.

finley1991 said:
Please... the fact that you EVEN LOOKED at the policies puts you well ahead of a lot of consultants!!!!... (my team for example... Policies? We have policies? Ebay? No? MySapce? Grrrrrrrrr :mad:)

So true!

I know that when they changed the rules about what a website can be called they didn't make everyone change their PWS address but going forward no one could use those words. I have a couple of consultants in my team who have some of those words in their email and have not been told to change them.

Hopefully soon they will realize how silly some of those rules are.

Beth, I am one of them- My website is /sueispampered and they did not make me change it. I have had my website since Sept, 05.

What are the new requirements for e-mail addresses?

The new requirements for e-mail addresses include a maximum length of 254 characters, the use of special characters such as dots and underscores, and the inclusion of an "@" symbol.

Can I use my old e-mail address or do I need to create a new one?

You can continue to use your old e-mail address as long as it meets the new requirements. However, if it does not, you may need to create a new one that complies with the updated standards.

Do I need to change my e-mail address immediately?

You do not need to change your e-mail address immediately, but we recommend updating it as soon as possible to prevent any issues with future correspondence and communication.

Do these new requirements apply to all e-mail addresses?

Yes, these new requirements apply to all e-mail addresses, including personal and business accounts. It is important for all e-mail addresses to comply with these standards for efficient communication.

What should I do if my e-mail address does not meet the new requirements?

If your e-mail address does not meet the new requirements, you will need to create a new one that complies with the updated standards. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it is necessary for improved communication and data security.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies