• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant Kick off Show - Never Been to a Pampered Chef Show Before...?

In summary, Amanda is preparing for her kick off show by having four bookings ahead of time, and by providing new recruits with a "quick start kit".
jcsmilez
Gold Member
I have a new consultant that just signed, so now we are turning what was supposed to be a regular show into her kick off show. Normally I would have them do the recipe as much as they are comfortable and support where needed especially with bookings and check out. At this point she is still waiting on her kit, all she is familiar with are our scrapers! How do I do a Kick off show for someone that has never been to a show before? TIA

Will you all have time to do a "cook n book" training so she can see what you are talking about?

Let her borrow a cooking show live DVD?

Just thinking outloud here....

You could do the recipe and have her assist, then observe you during checkout. I second the DVD idea. If she can watch a show or two on DVD, she can get a feel for how they go. Also, have her complete the product training in the online training center as soon as she gets her consultant number and can access CC.

Her show is Thursday so no real time for a "cook n' book" - maybe the DVD though. I'm heading over to her house right now to bring some supplies, I'll bring it along. Thanks :)

Wow! Thursday!

I would say you do the demo, she can help you!

Ask her what her feelings are...some of us (me included) need to know everything and want to practice before hand, others are more "fly by the seat of your pants" types and wouldn't mind just doing what they can. Ask her what will help to make her comfortable!

I think the dvd is a great tool. The one that has three cooking shows on it is awesome. I had only been to one PC show before I had my own and it was a few years ago. Then the show I had before becoming a consultant. I did my first show just fine (not perfect but everyone was great). I didn't even have anyone with me to help me. I wished I would have had that dvd before my first show though. So I highly recommend it! If she can watch that, see how much she is comfortable doing herself. I think the most beneficial thing can sometimes be for someone to observe and then critique (constructive of course). Good luck and congrats on the recruit!
God bless,
Amanda

When I signed as a consultant I had only ever been to 2 shows and none w/in the previous 5 years. I practiced in my kitchen making recipes and I made outlines for each recipe I would do. I was so nervous that the hostess told me to breathe!

I think if I were you I would do the demo and help her out from start to finish. But I also agree that you need to see what she wants and how she feels about everything.

Best of luck!! Let us know how it goes!!

I'd never been to a show when I did my kick-off show! I did it all wrong - but no one seemed to mind! It was Christmas Time, so I did a Cookie Exchange, and showed them how to make Oreo Truffles.....A couple weeks later, I watched the My First Show VIDEO (this was before a dvd came in the kit!:D), and thought - "Oh - so that's how I'm supposed to do this!"

Becky, share what you're doing with your new recruit - having four bookings ahead of time.

Um, well - she is having a show in about a week (she wants the kit credit) but I really want her to get started on her own shows as soon as we close her show, and get her officially signed. So - I told her to get 4 bookings for the next month before we do her show.....so that when we close her show and sign her up, she is ready to roll. I'm also hoping to get her the quick start kit this week, so she will be able to get host packets out to people, and read through the info in there. I'm really thankful right now that I bought that 200th show kit - because if her products don't arrive before her first scheduled show, I'll have everything she needs to get started!

Bookings are more important than worrying about how to do the show. She'll get it, soon enough, especially if she has bookings to practice.

That's great Becky! I've also heard of having new recruits try to get 4 catalog shows going before their kit arrives. It's easier to train them on catty shows, they are qualified right away, getting a paycheck that much sooner, already have $100 PC dollars, and are gaining confidence - I like that.

It's harder to get bookings and also experience with the tools by doing catalog shows.....and it can be discouraging, because sales aren't typically as high.

Really - having been to a show is not necessary to to be successful. We have so many training tools available. Especially if she has any background in sales, retail, or public speaking - doing a show would be easy to learn.

I never attended a live show before joining doing my own! I watched the kitchen show live video like a dozen times to get the feel of it and took notes etc. I will be fine.

This is a good thread. Chalk this up as another reason why we love PC.

This business is great because you don't have to have attended a show to suceed, you don't have to have a degree in public speaking and you don't have to have a culinary background.

All you have to do is practice at home with the products and recipes, watch the DVDs and take the on-line courses.

I have told many people this truth - PC sets you up to succeed, it is up to you to fail.

1. What can I expect at a New Consultant Kick off Show?

At a New Consultant Kick off Show, you can expect to learn all about Pampered Chef's products, business opportunity, and support system. You will also have the opportunity to try some of our top-selling products and ask any questions you may have. It's a fun and informative event designed to help you kick off your Pampered Chef journey.

2. Do I need to bring anything to the Kick off Show?

No, you do not need to bring anything to the Kick off Show. All materials and products will be provided for you to use and try. However, we do recommend bringing a notepad and pen to take notes and jot down any questions you may have.

3. Can I bring a friend to the Kick off Show?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend or family member to the Kick off Show. It's a great opportunity for them to learn about Pampered Chef and support you in your new business venture.

4. Is there a cost to attend the Kick off Show?

No, there is no cost to attend the Kick off Show. It is a complimentary event for new consultants to attend and learn more about Pampered Chef.

5. Will I be able to purchase products at the Kick off Show?

Yes, you will have the opportunity to purchase products at the Kick off Show. This is a great way to get familiar with our products and start building your inventory as a new consultant. Plus, there may be exclusive discounts and promotions available at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kreaser
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
kreaser
  • PCLaurel
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • pchockeymom