• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some ideas for a show-stopping trifle bowl salad recipe?

In summary, to make a trifle bowl salad, layer your ingredients in a clear glass trifle bowl starting with greens, followed by toppings like vegetables, fruits, and protein, and ending with dressing. Good ingredients to use include mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, avocado, grilled chicken, nuts, and fruits. You can make it ahead of time, but add dressing before serving. To clean, rinse with warm water and mild dish soap. A regular bowl can be used, but won't have the same visual appeal as a trifle bowl. Make sure it has enough depth for the layers.
britterg
I'm new to PC and this site so I'm a bit overwhelmed trying to find things. I'm looking for a side dish recipe for the trifle bowl to have at the family Christmas get together. Some kind of salad, but preferably no lettuce. It could be sort of like a dessert. Usually have watergate, but it's not layered and doesn't have a visual "wow" factor. Main dish will probably be prime rib. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Here are a few pages of salads, Most prob have lettuce. But there are a few fruit salads and some potato salads Good Luck.

Mara

Attachments

• TrifleSalads.pdf
    92.4 KB · Views: 777
I use mine for cornbread salad

I'll take a look. Thanks!!

Hi there! Welcome to the Pampered Chef community! Don't worry, we've all been there when we first started. I'm happy to help you find a delicious side dish recipe for your trifle bowl. One option could be a layered fruit salad, with a mix of fresh berries, diced pineapple, and mandarin oranges. You could also add in some chopped nuts and a drizzle of honey for added flavor. Another option could be a Mediterranean couscous salad, with diced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, and feta cheese. It's a refreshing and colorful addition to any meal. I hope these suggestions help, but feel free to reach out for more ideas. Happy cooking!

1. How do I make a trifle bowl salad?

To make a trifle bowl salad, you will need to layer your ingredients in a clear glass trifle bowl. Start with a layer of greens, followed by your desired toppings such as vegetables, fruits, and protein. Then add a layer of dressing or vinaigrette. Continue to layer until you reach the top, ending with a layer of dressing. Serve chilled.

2. What are some good ingredients to use in a trifle bowl salad?

You can use a variety of ingredients in a trifle bowl salad, such as mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, avocado, grilled chicken, nuts, and fruits like strawberries or blueberries. You can also get creative and add grains like quinoa or cooked pasta for added texture and flavor.

3. Can I make a trifle bowl salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a trifle bowl salad ahead of time, but it's best to add the dressing just before serving to avoid the ingredients becoming soggy. You can also prep the individual layers ahead of time and assemble the salad right before serving.

4. How do I clean a trifle bowl salad?

To clean a trifle bowl salad, first remove any leftover ingredients and rinse the bowl with warm water. Then use a mild dish soap and a soft sponge to gently scrub the inside of the bowl. Rinse with warm water and dry with a soft cloth or let air dry.

5. Can I use a regular bowl instead of a trifle bowl for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a regular bowl for this recipe, but the presentation won't be as visually appealing as a trifle bowl. Trifle bowls are designed to showcase the layers of the salad, but any large glass bowl will work. Just make sure it has enough depth to accommodate the layers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • pcrae
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • mscharf