• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Unique King Cake Recipe Without Spinach Artichoke?

In summary, the woman said that she wants something mexican-ish, and suggested substituting black beans for the meat.
DebbieJ
and it can't be spinach artichoke.

Any ideas?

...or how about a cheese pizza ring?Sauce, italian seasoning, cheese...ETA: About 1 cup sauce, 2 cups cheese, and seasoning.

Last edited:
spinach artichoke in All The Best.... is the BEST!

ShanaSmith said:
spinach artichoke in All The Best.... is the BEST!

She said it can't be Spinach Artichoke.

I don't do the rings anymore - no one wants them in my area. Are people still requesting them?

How about scrambled eggs with cheese and peppers?

Yes, I have a host requesting one. When I offered Spinach Artichoke, balked b/c her DH hates spinach. Seeing as how it's a Friday during Lent, I need meatless. And I want to please the DH cuz he's a chef and he's got the $$$. :)So Garden Vegetable Omelet filling is my next offering....we'll see.

How about taco with beans and rice instead of hamburger? My family wouldn't appreciate that, but it could work.

cathyskitchen said:
She said it can't be Spinach Artichoke.

I don't do the rings anymore - no one wants them in my area. Are people still requesting them?

I don't do them either - never have in 5 years! However, I have had hosts specifically say they will host as long as we don't do a ring or braid. They've said that everyone has seen those done too many times!

Isn't there a dessert one? SOmething with apples and cinnamon and cream cheese? I've never made it, but I thought I saw it somewhere.

If you can talk her into something else the Tomato Basil Squares are fantastic! I made that at a show last night and we also fixed Mom's Apple Crisp in the DCB - everyone was amazed! We did the apple crisp before everone arrived and popped it in the micro when we put the squares in the oven.

I made the Glazed Apple Wreath at a show and it is really good! I found it in the fillings for rings and braids on this site!

Could you do something artichokey, without the spinach? I have a recipe that I LOVE for a baked artichoke dip that doesn't have any spinach in it. I'm not sure that it would work for a ring, but it might with some doctoring... It is basically chopped artichoke, cream cheese, finely chopped onion (red looks pretty), mayo, parmesan cheese and some herbs. You can put finely chopped tomato on it too. I use light mayo and light cream cheese, and it still tastes great!

I'm not sure this would work as a "main dish" ring (unless you sneak some more veggies into it) but it could be good as a brunch or appetizer type thingy...

Annie, that sounds like something that would work! Thanks!!!

I'll go and find the recipe and post it when I have a mo... My DD just woke up from her nap after only half an hour, and I have so much to get done this morning. I was also thinking that maybe it could work to add some some brocolli or red pepper?

Be back later...

You could do any ground beef filled ring and substitute ground beef for meatless 'crumbles' (both Morningstar and Boca offer them - frozen - one package = 1lb of ground beef cooked)... the crumbles work great as a substitute for ground beef...

lkprescott said:
You could do any ground beef filled ring and substitute ground beef for meatless 'crumbles' (both Morningstar and Boca offer them - frozen - one package = 1lb of ground beef cooked)... the crumbles work great as a substitute for ground beef...

Great idea! And they taste just fine. Sometimes we use that in spaghetti sauce!

Here's the recipe:

Artichoke Dip
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped as small as desired!
1 8oz package softened cream cheese (light works fine)
1/2 cup mayonnaise (light works fine)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp basil
1/4 cup (or more to taste) finely chopped onion (red is pretty)
Finely chopped tomato - for garnish/topping

Mix together mayo and cream cheese, add the remaining ingredients, except tomato. Spread into a 9 inch casserole dish or pie dish (or appropriate stoneware!!). Bake at 350°F for 25 mins.

This is awesome with triscuits, carrs crackers and wheat crackers. It also re-heats in the microwave well. I LOVE this recipe!

Debbie, let me know how it turns out if you use it for the ring. Thanks!

redsoxgirl said:
Great idea! And they taste just fine. Sometimes we use that in spaghetti sauce!

I use them all the time (we don't anything with 2 to 4 legs)... I've used it as a replacement for ground beef in hamburger helper meals, chili, taco kits, etc. So convenient... anyone who's gone meatless in the past 2 decades may remember before such substitutes where it was make something yourself or experiment with 'plain' TVP...

I was thinking something mexican...ish... but substitute black beans for the meat..... another thing people substitute meat for is portebello mushrooms. A pizza ring with portebello mushrooms would be good too!
Good luck Debbie:)

King Cake typeI live in MS, right outside New Orleans so King Cakes are big and at one of our cluster meetings we were given a receipe for the king cake... I'll get it to you tonight if interested. Let me know... It's at home so I don't have access to it here...Of course, it's a dessert however, it can be either plain or filled.

What is the best type of meatless filling for a ring?

The best type of meatless filling for a ring is one that is flavorful and has a good texture. Some popular options include a mix of sautéed vegetables, a bean and rice mixture, or a tofu and vegetable stir-fry.

Can I use frozen vegetables for the filling?

Yes, frozen vegetables can be used for the filling. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before adding them to the filling mixture.

How can I make the filling more flavorful?

There are many ways to make the filling more flavorful. You can add different herbs and spices, such as cumin, garlic powder, or Italian seasoning. You can also add a splash of soy sauce or hot sauce for an extra kick of flavor.

Do I need to pre-cook the filling before putting it in the ring?

It is recommended to pre-cook the filling before putting it in the ring to ensure that it is fully cooked and heated through. This will also help prevent the crust from becoming soggy.

What are some alternative options for a meatless ring filling?

Some alternative options for a meatless ring filling include a mix of quinoa and roasted vegetables, a lentil and mushroom mixture, or a spinach and feta cheese filling. Get creative and experiment with different combinations to find your favorite!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Molly Jo
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefkristin
Replies
Views
DZmom
  • pchefbonnie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies