• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I handle a host who wants multiple recipe options for my PC show?

In summary, the host is excited for the show and nervous about living up to expectations. The hostess is worried about doing a good job. The host told the hostess that it's her policy to only do one recipe and that she will provide the recipe for the other if the hostess would like to make it available to her guests.
babywings76
Gold Member
I am kind of nervous about a show I have this Friday. I met this host at a fair. She just loves PC. When I called her to host coach, she just agreed to everything I said and then said that she's had a ton of PC shows before and that I should see her kitchen and how much stuff she has. So, I am excited to have an excited host. But I'm nervous about living up to whatever expectations she might have as far as how the show should run. I sent her an e-mail giving her the recipe options and she e-mailed me back asking if we can do two of them.I know these 2 recipes, and I don't want to do both of them. I usually tell my hosts that I just do one recipe. So how do I tell her? What if her other consultants have done more than one and then she thinks I'm incompetent. Do I call her and talk about options over the phone and then also talk to her about how the format of the show will be? I'm still trying to decide on what games/activities to do--do I ask her first about those or do I decide and just do it. In the past I just play it by ear on the mood of the group. But I didn't have any shows last month and now I feel rusty already!

Amanda, you're not those other consultants. And, they aren't the amazing, fabulous you. Tell her that it's your policy to only do one recipe. You'll be glad to provide the recipe for the other if she'd like to make it available to her guests. I've found it best not to overwhelm my host with choices, so, personally, I wouldn't ask her about games and such. If you're feeling a little rusty, practice out loud. It will help, I promise. If I'm reading your mood correctly, you're a bit concerned about being compared to past consultants. Don't give that another thought. She's chosen you as her consultant this time. For whatever reason, she didn't choose any of the others.

And remember, we hear ALOT how much PC someone owns. So don't let that scare you.

Like Rae said she choose YOU...go have fun and be yourself.

Also again like Rae said, your policy is only ONE recipe, so you will only do ONE. I have a hostess that wants to have like 5 recipes and I told her that I will provide her with the recipes for the ones she wants but I will only make one. She was fine with that.

You will do great!!!

you might also say that our shows are really interactive now, which works best with one recipe. everyone will have fun gathered round the table preparing and eating a delicious recipe....

good luck!

I have found that two many choices just gets you into trouble. That being said, I do 1 recipe, and it's the same all month long. No options, no choices. January is Chicken Vegetable Alfredo soup. Because I am feeling generous, and it goes so well with the soup, garlic pull apart bread. Feb is power cooking and I will give them a choice of meat, but that's it. I started doing this about a year ago when I found that hostesses were asking for two, three recipes and all the cooking was getting in the way of selling my products and opportunity. I felt a bit awkward at first, but now, it's great. The same kit all month long and no surprises after show #1.

It's all in the way it's presented, I am excited about the recipe so the hostesses are too.

I basically do the same thing. I'll say, "I'm doing ___________ for January. How does that sound." The only time that was a problem was when I was making something with cinnamon, and the host's mom was allergic to cinnamon. I made something different for her.

Thanks everyone! I forgot to come back here and report that things went well with communicating with the host about the food. We are doing one main recipe and then also putting together a microwave cake in the fluted stone beforehand.She sounded much more easy going and approachable the second time we talked. I'm looking forward to the show but still am nervous about doing a good job. I know I just need to relax, have fun, and let it happen. I know how to do this, I just need to reassure myself! :)

1. How do I word my invitation for a Pampered Chef party?

When wording an invitation for a Pampered Chef party, be sure to include the date, time, and location of the party, as well as what guests can expect (ex: cooking demonstrations, food samples, etc.). You can also mention any special offers or discounts that will be available. Don't forget to include your contact information for RSVPs.

2. What are some creative ways to word a hostess thank you note?

When writing a thank you note to your Pampered Chef party hostess, express your gratitude for their support and mention specific ways they helped make the party a success. You can also include a special recipe or cooking tip as a thank you gift. Consider using phrases like "grateful," "appreciate," and "thankful" to convey your sincere thanks.

3. How should I word my Pampered Chef product review?

When writing a product review for Pampered Chef, be honest and specific about the product's features and your personal experience using it. Consider mentioning any standout qualities or how the product has improved your cooking or baking. You can also include photos or videos to showcase the product in action.

4. Can you help me come up with a catchy slogan for a Pampered Chef event?

When brainstorming a slogan for a Pampered Chef event, consider using phrases that highlight the fun and practical aspects of the brand, such as "Cooking made easy," "Bringing flavor to your kitchen," or "Empowering home chefs." You can also play on the company's name with a slogan like "Pamper your kitchen with Pampered Chef."

5. How do I word a return or exchange request for a Pampered Chef product?

When requesting a return or exchange for a Pampered Chef product, be sure to include the reason for the return and any relevant details, such as the product name and purchase date. You can also mention if you would prefer a replacement or a refund. It may also be helpful to provide photos or receipts to expedite the process. End the request with a polite closing and your contact information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • MLinAZ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies