• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mystery Host Payment Options: Collecting Cash, Checks, or Credit Card Numbers

In summary, for a Mystery Host party, you have the option to collect cash payments from guests and transfer the cash to your bank account, or accept checks and make a payment using your own checking account. It is also safe to collect credit card numbers, but using a secure payment method is recommended. You can mix payment methods and it is recommended to make the payment to Pampered Chef as soon as possible after the party ends.
kcmckay
Gold Member
So I'm thinking I really need to collect checks or cash from my mystery hosts right? Will it let me put in credit card numbers for each "host" to pay for their orders? One host was going to give me their because I was thinking it would be easier, but after I hung up I thought otherwise. Please advise. I can pick up a check from her if need be. She will be calling back with her order. TIA

You can take credit cards. Just add the seperate payments for each mystery host total. I always like to avoid going to the bank if possible

I just did this and had more than 2 cc pmts under the host. It gave me the red dot, and would not let me submit it. I ended up swapping it w/ a cash payment for another guest.

I do 2 credit cards entries for one person quite a bit without problems. Maybe the totals didn't add up. Donna

You can put up to three payments on each person, 2 CC and a check or cash. If you have 10 hosts paying by CC, you can still charge them the right amount under a guest screen. So if you had 5 Mystery Hosts paying by cc, you could do it like this:
  • Host order = 2 Mystery Host payments
  • Guest #1's order = that guest's cc payment PLUS a Mystery Host cc payment
  • Guest #2's order = that guest's check PLUS 2 Mystery Host's cc payments

You will get the little warning message that there are "overpayments" for those 2 guest orders and not enough payment on the host order, but if it all adds up in the end then it's okay and will go through. ;)

1. How can I collect cash payments for a Mystery Host party?

You can collect cash payments from guests at the party and keep track of the amount received. Once the party has ended, you can transfer the cash to your bank account and then make a payment to Pampered Chef using your own credit or debit card.

2. Can I accept checks as payment for a Mystery Host party?

Yes, you can accept checks as payment for the party. Simply collect the checks from guests at the party and make a payment to Pampered Chef using your own checking account. Please note that it may take longer for the check to clear before the payment is processed.

3. Is it safe to collect credit card numbers for a Mystery Host party?

Yes, it is safe to collect credit card numbers for a Mystery Host party. However, we recommend using a secure payment method such as our online payment option or processing the credit card through our secure payment system to ensure the safety of your guests' information.

4. Can I mix payment methods for a Mystery Host party?

Yes, you can mix payment methods for a Mystery Host party. You can collect cash, checks, and credit card numbers from guests and then make a payment to Pampered Chef using a combination of these methods.

5. How soon do I need to make the payment to Pampered Chef after collecting payments from a Mystery Host party?

We recommend making the payment to Pampered Chef as soon as possible after the party has ended. This will ensure timely processing of the payment and allow you to receive your host rewards and commission in a timely manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • junkfortara
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • pc_jessica