• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Swim Meet Theft: My Daughter's IPod Nano Stolen

In summary, my daughter's IPod Nano was stolen at a swim meet last week and there have been several thefts of discs from football and track meets in the past.
pampchefrhondab
My poor daughter had her IPod Nano stolen from a swim meet last week:eek:!

The sad thing is it had to be someone on the swim team. Her back pack was on her teams side of the pool. They all sit around waiting for their swims. Someone would have had to known where she puts it in her bag as well! It just makes her sick this happend.

I told her from now on to check on things like this before she leaves so the coach can keep everyone from leaving and search their bags! I guess this isn't the first theft - there has been several. I may call the coach to discuss tomorrow. I think they need to do something to scare the person doing this. I wish my daughter would have told me about the other thefts so I could have warned her.

My oldest Daughter never had any trouble w/the team (she graduated last year).

That is horrible. Especially if it is someone she knows.

The sad part about it is that so many teens think nothing of stealing from one another... and feel it's okay! Hopefully if the person is "discovered", the parents will not act all "self-righteous" about it and back up their DD instead of disciplining her!

I'm thinking a letter to parents is the way to handle it. If they notice their child with items that don't belong to them we may be able to stop it!

My "baby" is now 25. When he was at a track meet, his Discman was stolen...probably by a team mate. Hurts your heart, doesn't it.

Couple of years later he was at a football camp on a college campus. Left his replacement Discman in his room, went down the hall to the bathroom--without locking his room--and, you guessed it...

Hug your daughter's neck for me.

Ann F

Poor thing. It's such a feeling of betrayal.

I know how you feel, and my kids know how she feels. My daughter had one of her classmates steel a necklace during a basketball game they were playing. Some people have not been taught any morals.

That's not right. When I was 14 (omg... that was 17 years ago! yikes!), my cousin came to visit. I had my favorite pair of sandals out to wear. When she left, they were gone & the next time I saw her, she had them on. Then had the gall to tell me they weren't mine. I tried them on & the 'toe marks' matched my feet exactly & when she was wearing them, you could tell they weren't hers. :yuck:

1. Can you provide any tips for preventing theft at swim meets?

One tip is to never leave personal belongings unattended. Always have a trusted friend or family member watch over your belongings while you are swimming. You can also consider investing in a waterproof and lockable bag to keep your belongings safe.

2. Is it common for items to be stolen at swim meets?

Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for items to be stolen at swim meets. With so many people in close proximity and a lot of distractions, it can be easy for thieves to take advantage. That's why it's important to take precautions and keep a close eye on your belongings.

3. What should I do if my daughter's iPod Nano is stolen at a swim meet?

The first thing you should do is report the theft to the meet officials or the pool staff. They may have a lost and found or surveillance footage that can help locate the stolen item. You should also file a police report and contact your insurance company if necessary.

4. Can I hold the swim meet responsible for the theft?

As unfortunate as it is, the swim meet is not responsible for the theft of personal items. They may have policies in place to try and prevent theft, but ultimately it is the responsibility of the individual to keep their belongings safe.

5. Is there anything else I can do to prevent theft at swim meets?

In addition to keeping a close eye on your belongings, you can also consider marking them with your name or contact information. This can help deter thieves and make it easier to identify your items if they are stolen. It's also a good idea to only bring necessary items to the meet and leave valuables at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
  • minirottie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • Teresa Lynn