• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing a Small Oval Baker After Dishwasher Mishap

In summary, the conversation discussed tips for removing soap taste from kitchenware and the irony of people auditioning for American Idol without actual talent. They also mentioned a humorous quote from Parade magazine and their love for a contestant on the show.
2crazyboys
My husband put my small oval baker in the dishwasher. It seems okay other than the fact that it seems kind of dry. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Is it going to taste like soap now?

You can bake something like crescent rolls in it and throw them away. That usually will take any soap taste away.

WOW! That's a great tip. Someone I know did that and I didn't know what to tell her.

There was another thread about soap and stones. A host cleaned a stone with soap before the consultant could catch it. LOTS of great tips there. If I knew what I was doing I'd post a link to it but I'm challenged in that way :)

I've used soap before and never had a soap taste. I recommend scrubbing it good in clear, running, hot water then spray with oil and start the seasoning process over again.

And...don't be too hard on your husband, at least he was doing the dishes!!

Lisa...your new signature quote is too funny!!! I love AI, but am amazed at the number of people who think they have talent! Either that or they go there on a dare!

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to go on American Idol and let Simon confirm it to the world."

The really sad thing is that they have to go through 3 or 4 auditions to make it to what we see on TV. That just bolsters their confidence that they're fabulous.

pamperedlinda said:
Lisa...your new signature quote is too funny!!! I love AI, but am amazed at the number of people who think they have talent! Either that or they go there on a dare!

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to go on American Idol and let Simon confirm it to the world."

It was in Parade magazine in the paper this week. I burst out laughing when I read it. There is a section called "Ask Marilyn". She takes famous quotes and has people change the ending. You can see them at parade.com and click her link.

My daughter and I are in love with Blake on AI. I justify sitting in front of the TV watching it by stamping all my new spring paperwork.

Okay...sorry for the hijack...back to the "soap/stone" question......:)

GeorgiaPeach said:
It was in Parade magazine in the paper this week. I burst out laughing when I read it. There is a section called "Ask Marilyn". She takes famous quotes and has people change the ending. You can see them at parade.com and click her link.

My daughter and I are in love with Blake on AI. I justify sitting in front of the TV watching it by stamping all my new spring paperwork.

Okay...sorry for the hijack...back to the "soap/stone" question......:)
I love Ask Marilyn....I always try to figure out her number challenges (unsuccessfully most of the time). I haven't read this past Sunday's Parade yet. (or cut my coupons out either!)

1. How do I fix a small oval baker that has cracked after being in the dishwasher?

If your small oval baker has cracked after being in the dishwasher, unfortunately it cannot be fixed. The high heat and water pressure in a dishwasher can cause stoneware to crack. We recommend hand washing all Pampered Chef stoneware to avoid this issue.

2. Can I still use my small oval baker if it has a small chip after a dishwasher mishap?

If the chip is small and not too deep, you can still use your small oval baker. However, be cautious when handling the dish as the chip may continue to get bigger with use.

3. Is there a way to prevent my small oval baker from cracking in the dishwasher?

Yes, to prevent cracking in the dishwasher, we recommend hand washing all Pampered Chef stoneware. The high heat and water pressure in a dishwasher can cause stoneware to crack. Hand washing will help extend the life of your stoneware.

4. Can I return my small oval baker if it cracks in the dishwasher?

Unfortunately, we do not accept returns for stoneware that has cracked due to dishwasher use. However, if you believe the stoneware is defective, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

5. Can I use my small oval baker in the microwave after it has been in the dishwasher?

If your small oval baker has cracked or chipped after being in the dishwasher, we do not recommend using it in the microwave. The cracks or chips can cause the dish to break or shatter in the microwave. It is best to replace the dish if it has been damaged by the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • lkprescott
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • Kathy Scott