• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrating 108 Days of Sobriety: My Dad's Journey to Recovery

Encouragement is the key!That's amazing, congrats to your dad! And congratulations to you too! The journey to sobriety is a long one, but it's definitely worth it.
chefcharity
I am so happy for my dad! He is 108 days sober!! Every time I think of this, I just want to cry.

Growing up, my dad was the perfect dad. He never missed a game, a recital or a family day. I've been without the dad I grew up with for quite a few years. He started drinking about 10 years ago. I didn't like talking to him and I wouldn't take my kids around him for more than 10 minutes at a time. If my phone rang after 7pm and I saw it was him, I'd let it go to voicemail because I knew he would just get me upset. BUT NOW, but now... it is a pleasure talking to my dad again. I just wanted to share this because I am SO PROUD of him! And, yes, I have told him this. Thank you for listening. Please send your prayers his way that he continues his journey on his path to sobriety.

congrats to your dad! That is awesome! My brother is going on 22 years sober.... it's a long journey that never ends. Encouragement is the key! Really happy you have your dad back!

So happy for you and your Dad, and your family.

(But your thread title made me chuckle....my dad is Sober, also...and I used to be, but haven't been since the day I got married. heehee.....my maiden name was Sober....)

ChefBeckyD said:
So happy for you and your Dad, and your family.

(But your thread title made me chuckle....my dad is Sober, also...and I used to be, but haven't been since the day I got married. heehee.....my maiden name was Sober....)

LOL! Becky! That is great!

SO happy for you both!!! Pretty soon he won't be counting the days, weeks, months or even years...because they fly by SO fast!! :D :D

Oh...btw, July 13th will be 28 years for me.....:D

Charity,

So happy to hear about your dad.

Ginger,

Amazing! I'm sure you are an inspiration to many people.

That's wonderful!

1. How did your dad decide to get sober after 108 days?

My dad had been struggling with alcohol addiction for many years and had hit rock bottom. He realized that he had to make a change in order to save his health, relationships, and overall well-being. After attending a support group meeting, he made the decision to commit to 108 days of sobriety as a way to jumpstart his recovery journey.

2. What inspired your dad to write a book about his journey to sobriety?

Throughout his 108 days of sobriety, my dad found solace in writing about his experiences and feelings. It was a therapeutic outlet for him and he also wanted to share his story with others who may be going through a similar struggle. He hopes that his book will inspire and help others on their own journey to recovery.

3. Did your dad face any challenges during his 108 days of sobriety?

Yes, my dad faced many challenges during his 108 days of sobriety. He had to navigate through triggers and cravings, as well as deal with the emotional and physical toll of detoxing from alcohol. However, he also had a strong support system in place and utilized various coping mechanisms to help him stay on track.

4. How has your dad's life changed since becoming sober?

Since becoming sober, my dad's life has changed in many positive ways. He has repaired damaged relationships, regained his physical and mental health, and has a newfound sense of purpose and clarity. He is now able to fully experience and enjoy life without the burden of alcohol addiction.

5. What message does your dad hope to convey through his book?

My dad's main message through his book is that recovery is possible and there is always hope. He hopes to break the stigma surrounding addiction and inspire others to seek help and support. He also wants to remind readers that sobriety is a continuous journey and it's important to celebrate each milestone, no matter how small.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Crystal Patton
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
2 3