• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions:How can I make my first multi-vendor open house event a success?

In summary, this woman is expecting a lot of people at her home, but only a few of them actually showed up. She recommends bringing a limited amount of products and not trying to be the caterer for the event. She also recommends not overloading on food.
JennLizFran
Gold Member
I need advice! I was invited to participate in a multi-vendor open house at someone's home. I've spoken with the woman through e-mail, and everything sounds great! There will be mary kay, silpada, sell your gold, party lite, and me! She plans on me doing a demo at my booth last, but people will be free to wander and mingle throughout. She's expecting 30+ people in a 3 hour period.

I just need some tips, this is my first time not doing a regular party with a presentation. Do I do my regular guest packets, or just talk to people as they come up and give them a catalog and order form?

I plan on making in advance mini carrot cake cups and the greek cheese torta and then demoing the mini BBQ chicken sandwhiches.

They will probably give you 2 min's to get up & tell a little about TPC. Otherwise, at most of these types of events, it's basically like working a booth. You just talk to the ones who are interested in your product. I recommend that you not go overboard on the food. You really don't want to be the caterer for the event ... you just want to demo your products. Find out in advance how much room you will have. I was called at the last minute once and was told that they had a party planned to start 10 min's prior to the phone call & the consultant was a no-show. I jumped through hoops to grab a shower, throw on a super quick makeup job gather catalogs & order forms & run over there. I arrived to find that it was a multi-vendor open house. I was NOT a happy camper. We only had one card table each. So had I brought a bunch of products, I'd have been out of luck with no where to display. I've also done multi-vendor events in other venues and those worked better because we each had a larger table. We all invited our list of clients to attend. It works really well. Lots more people through the door, prize giveaways, etc. ;)

I did one like this right before Christmas that was pretty good. I had no idea really what to expect, so I took too many products for my area (kitchen counters). I just put out a few products and had catalogs and order forms handy. I did give everyone a guest slip to fill out for a door prize. I made cookies before the party. At the party, I made the Mexican Chicken Lasagna and Molten Lava Cake. Whoever was there just watched if they wanted to. I've done others that were not as successful, but these 2 ladies put a lot of effort in to inviting and a LOT of people came and they all knew what was going on and were ready to shop!Good luck!

Great! Thanks for the advice ladies! The door prize is a great idea!

I know I'm setting up in her kitchen. I've never been in her home before, but I've been in other homes in the neighborhood, so I have a general idea of the area layout.

I was worried about the demo, she said "we'll do your station last, but people will be able to sample and mingle the whole time". So I'm not sure exactly what she's planned!

I think the mini bbq sandwiches are a great plan for the actual demo...very quick and easy - and impressive!

Well I'm getting ready to leave for my open house! Super nervous and excited! Wish me luck! I'll let you all know how it goes! :)

JennLizFran said:
Well I'm getting ready to leave for my open house! Super nervous and excited! Wish me luck! I'll let you all know how it goes! :)

How did it go? =)

Well, for me it went well! But, I felt really bad for the other vendors. She had outside orders for me already (plus she has some she's picking up on Monday). Only about 3 people out of the 30 yes's she got showed up during the 3 hour period. Each of those 3 people purchased from me, plus all but 2 other vendors (there were 8 including me) purchased from me. And I got a show booked from one vendor and the host plans to have another show in Oct! I packed way too much stuff, but I was expecting a lot more people! And she let me sell some of my in stock items there too! Right now the show nis just under $500, her goal is $700 and I think with the additional outside orders she'll get it!

JennLizFran said:
Well, for me it went well! But, I felt really bad for the other vendors. She had outside orders for me already (plus she has some she's picking up on Monday). Only about 3 people out of the 30 yes's she got showed up during the 3 hour period. Each of those 3 people purchased from me, plus all but 2 other vendors (there were 8 including me) purchased from me. And I got a show booked from one vendor and the host plans to have another show in Oct! I packed way too much stuff, but I was expecting a lot more people! And she let me sell some of my in stock items there too! Right now the show nis just under $500, her goal is $700 and I think with the additional outside orders she'll get it!
That is awesome! I'm glad it worked out for you. And goes to show that PC really is the best DS company if everyone bought from you, including the other vendors!!

Yeah, she told me going in that I was her biggest draw! I didn't even end up doing the demo, since no one was really there. Everyone just came over and was like oh I need this and I want this!

The others were:
Gold (which was my recruiter, she's the one who told the host to contact me for PC)
Mary Kay (who booked a show)
Silpada
Party Lite (I must admit their beer bread was amazing, but the whole candles & food is still weird!!)
Southern Living
Some personal trainer thing
And something I'd never heard of: Wine tastings in your home & a monthly wine club, not sure what the company was called, but it was interesting, and she bought several dripless/pourer/stoppers!

What is a Multi-Vendor Open House Event?

A Multi-Vendor Open House Event is an event where multiple vendors come together to sell their products in one location. It is a great opportunity for customers to browse and purchase products from various companies at one convenient location.

How do I find out about upcoming Multi-Vendor Open House Events?

You can find out about upcoming Multi-Vendor Open House Events by checking our website or social media pages. You can also sign up for our email list to receive notifications about upcoming events.

What can I expect to find at a Multi-Vendor Open House Event?

At a Multi-Vendor Open House Event, you can expect to find a variety of products from different companies such as kitchenware, home decor, beauty products, and more. There may also be special discounts and promotions offered by the vendors.

Do I need to purchase anything at a Multi-Vendor Open House Event?

No, you are not required to purchase anything at a Multi-Vendor Open House Event. However, it is a great opportunity to shop for unique products and support small businesses.

Can I bring a friend to a Multi-Vendor Open House Event?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend to a Multi-Vendor Open House Event. It is a great way to introduce them to new products and companies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchef_Christy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • Chozengirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • scavallero