• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Fort Hood Texas: A Consultant's Guide to Buying a Home in Killeen

In summary, the woman is from Colorado, is moving to Texas, is looking for other consultants, and is excited about moving to Texas. She is also excited about visiting Schlitterbahn and the Riverwalk.
sailorsarah
Gold Member
So I guess me and the husband will be in Fort Hood Texas in about two weeks. We're looking at buying a house in Killeen and I'd love to meet up with some other consultants in the area.

Hope you guys have a smooth move! :DI'm 2.5 hours away on the south side of Dallas.

We're planning on spending quite a bit of time around Dallas. A couple of friends live up there. Plus there's a lot of restuarants in the Dallas area that I've heard about and I really want to try. I'm a huge Top Chef fan, so the first one we are trying is Craft. We'll have to meet up during one of my trips up there. Are you going to the launch in Austin or San Antonio?

Arlington (here in Dallas).

I am going to launch in San Antonio.

:-D Maybe we can meeet up or something. Are you flying in the night before?

Not sure if you are talking to me or to Sharon. I live close enough to drive. It's maybe 20 minutes for me. ;)

:) That was more towards Sharon since her thing says she's from Colorado. I'm sorry, I should have said that. I was debating about going to the other Texas launch, but my husband and I might spend the weekend with his family in San Antonio. And I know if he comes him and his niece are going to want to go to Schlitterbahn. (Huge waterpark near where his sister lives).

No, I will be visiting my brother in Victoria, so I will be driving up that morning. Hoping to meet up with some old friends (from when we were stationed at Fort Hood!) for dinner that night - but would love to meet up at the event and am not going to be in a huge hurry to leave after (especially with the event center being right there on the Riverwalk!) By the way, Schlitterbahn is AWESOME!

We went to Schlitterbahn when we visited last year, it was pretty amazing. And I love the Riverwalk. I've been there a few times and everytime I get one of those little boat tours. For the most part I'm really excited about moving there, especially after my husband promised me that there's air conditioning Everywhere :)

We made it to Texas and almost have our house. We're buying one just off of Trimmer in Killeen. Now I just need to get this Pampered Chef thing rolling!

1. What makes Killeen a desirable place to buy a home?

Killeen is home to Fort Hood, one of the largest military installations in the world. This means a large population of potential buyers and renters, making it a great investment opportunity. The city also has a lower cost of living compared to other major cities in Texas, making it an affordable option for home ownership.

2. What types of homes are available in Killeen?

Killeen offers a diverse range of home options, from single-family homes to townhouses and apartments. Many neighborhoods also have amenities such as community pools, parks, and walking trails. There are also new construction homes and older, more established neighborhoods to choose from.

3. How is the school district in Killeen?

The Killeen Independent School District is highly rated and offers a variety of educational programs, including a STEM academy and an International Baccalaureate program. There are also several private school options available.

4. What is the average commute time in Killeen?

The average commute time in Killeen is around 20 minutes. However, this can vary depending on where you live in the city and where you work. The city also has a public transportation system, making it easier for those who prefer not to drive.

5. Is it easy to sell a home in Killeen?

Due to the high demand for housing in the area, it is generally easy to sell a home in Killeen. However, it is always recommended to work with a real estate professional who is familiar with the market and can help you price your home competitively. Additionally, maintaining your home and making updates can also help attract potential buyers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Laurie Rock
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • dianevill
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Trish in Texas