• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tempting Treat: Caramel Corn with Almonds and Chocolate!

In summary, to make the caramel for this recipe, you will need butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. You can use any type of plain popcorn for this recipe, and you can substitute the almonds for any other nut or omit them altogether. The total time to make this recipe is about 1 hour and 15 minutes, with only 20 minutes of hands-on time. It can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week or frozen for longer storage.
janezapchef
Gold Member
Has anyone ever tried making this or something similar? If you're not familiar, it is basically caramel corn with almonds and some of it (pieces of it) is dipped in chocolate. I have to think it wouldn't be too hard, but maybe I'm crazy!

I've never made it, but my goodness do I love it :)

Ive never made it myself, but I love Harry & Davids version of it... yummm
oh, and Poppycock makes a few good flavors too!

I love the Boy Scout's chocolate covered caramel corn from Trail's End. I could eat a whole can by myself.

Hi there! I have definitely tried making something similar and it turned out delicious! I used our Pampered Chef Popcorn Maker to pop the corn and then mixed in some almonds and caramel sauce. I spread it out on a baking sheet and let it cool before drizzling melted chocolate over some of the pieces. It was a huge hit at my last party and I highly recommend giving it a try. Let me know if you have any other questions or need any tips. Happy cooking!

1. How do I make the caramel for this recipe?

To make the caramel, you will need butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add the brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, and let it cook for about 5 minutes. This will create a thick and sticky caramel sauce that is perfect for coating the popcorn and almonds.

2. Can I use any type of popcorn for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of popcorn for this recipe, whether it's store-bought or homemade. Just make sure to use plain, unflavored popcorn so that the flavors of the caramel, almonds, and chocolate can shine through.

3. Can I substitute the almonds for another type of nut?

Absolutely! You can use any type of nut that you prefer, such as peanuts, cashews, or pecans. You can also omit the nuts altogether if you have a nut allergy or preference.

4. How long does this recipe take to make?

The total time for this recipe is about 1 hour and 15 minutes, including prep time and cooking time. However, the actual hands-on time is only about 20 minutes. It's a great recipe to make ahead of time and enjoy as a sweet treat throughout the week.

5. Can I store the caramel corn in an airtight container?

Yes, you can store the caramel corn in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Just make sure to let it cool completely before storing to prevent any sogginess. You can also freeze the caramel corn for longer storage, just make sure to thaw it before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tonyphel00
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SusanBP0129