• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Stone-Baked Monster Cookie for Pinewood Derby Raffle!

In summary, the baker is looking for advice on how to donate something to a boy's pinewood derby raffle and is considering baking a giant M&M or chocolate chip cookie on a large stone. They should use parchment paper to prevent the dough from sliding off the stone. The baker has only used the tube of dough a few times in their life, but it sounds simpler than what they were going to do.
straitfan
Gold Member
Hoping someone here can tell me if this will work or not!

For the past few "raffles" I've participated in, I've found that the item filled with FOOD seems to attract a lot of attention. I've given away a couple of trifle bowls with a trifle or layers of M&M's, a bar pan filled with rise & bake cinnamon rolls, etc.

My DS's pinewood derby is coming up and I need to donate something for their raffle, and I'm looking to appeal to the boys. I have a med. stone w/handles that I bought at 60% off in Nov. I was wondering if I could bake a giant M&M or chocolate chip cookie on it and give them both away? Would I need to use parchment paper like the brownie crusts for the banana split pizza etc? What about baking time? Anyone have any experience and or recipes?
TIA!

You can use a regular tube or pack of refrigerated cookie dough, press it down and roll it out into a circle with the Baker's Roller...bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes (until edges are set) for chocolate chip cookie dough, and 18-20 minutes (until edges are set) for sugar cookie dough. Don't overbake it, even if you think it still looks soft. I use parchment paper if I plan on sliding it into a pizza box to transport, otherwise I don't worry about it. :)

ETA: For "frosting," I use an 8 oz. block of cream cheese softened and mixed with 1/3 cup chocolate chips (melted) for chocolate icing, and the cream cheese softened and mixed with 1/3 cup granulated sugar for a basic icing. Then top with fruit combinations you like (strawberries and bananas, strawberries and raspberries and blueberries, kiwi and banana and strawberries, etc.). I guess you could top with candies, too, like chopped pb cups or crushed oreos, but I've never tried that. Good luck!

Thanks Katie! Confession....I've only used the tube of dough a few times in my life, but it sounds so much simpler than what I was going to do! Maybe I can make a giant sugar cookie and decorate it with toy cars going down an "oreo" track! HMMMMMMMM....gotta go play!

I tried making bar cookies in my small bar pans and they didn't turn out. They were quite crispy so just make sure to experiment before the event!

I did one of those huge tubs of chocolate chip cookie dough in the large bar pan. It came out perfectly! I don't remember the time, just keep an eye on it. It was not hard and crispy.

The one I experimented with this afternoon was just about perfect around the outside, but the middle was too gooey. My DS didn't mind, and he couldn't believe that "that cookie in there that's bigger than my head is all for me!" LOL! Wait til he sees that I'm going to make another one to get the bake time right!!!

Make sure you don't roll the dough too close to the edge of the stone - leave a good margin for the dough to spread while baking. Speaking from experience - you don't want sugar cookie dough oozing over the sides and burning to the bottom of the oven!!!

chefSherry said:
Make sure you don't roll the dough too close to the edge of the stone - leave a good margin for the dough to spread while baking. Speaking from experience - you don't want sugar cookie dough oozing over the sides and burning to the bottom of the oven!!!

When I use the large stone, I usually roll it out to leave a 2" or 3" gap on the outside. I am always amazed when I do the Banana Split Brownie Pizza that the brownie mix doesn't slide off...amazing what a difference parchment paper makes!

LMBO! When I first read this thread, I saw it as "Cookie Monster".........I was like cool......my 3 yr old LOVES CM......hehe

My kids are so infatuated with the Sesame Street Crew, I probably would have thought the same thing. :) They're three, too.

1. What is a "Monster Cookie on a Stone"?

A "Monster Cookie on a Stone" is a delicious dessert made with a combination of oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and M&M candies, baked on a Pampered Chef baking stone. It is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth and is great for parties or family gatherings.

2. How do I make a "Monster Cookie on a Stone"?

To make a "Monster Cookie on a Stone", you will need the Pampered Chef Large Round Stone. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of softened butter, 1 cup of granulated sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar, and 1 and 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter. Mix until well combined. Add 3 cups of quick-cooking oats and 2 teaspoons of baking soda to the mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Lastly, stir in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of M&M candies. Spread the dough evenly onto the baking stone and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.

3. Can I use a different type of chocolate in my "Monster Cookie on a Stone"?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate in your "Monster Cookie on a Stone" depending on your preference. You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can also mix and match different types of chocolate for a unique flavor.

4. Do I need to grease the baking stone before making a "Monster Cookie on a Stone"?

No, you do not need to grease the baking stone before making a "Monster Cookie on a Stone". The natural oils in the dough will prevent it from sticking to the stone. However, if you prefer, you can lightly spray the baking stone with cooking spray before spreading the dough.

5. How many servings does a "Monster Cookie on a Stone" make?

A "Monster Cookie on a Stone" can make approximately 12-16 servings, depending on how large you slice them. It is a rich and indulgent dessert, so a small slice is usually enough to satisfy your sweet cravings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • its_me_susan