• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Looking for a Monkey Bread Recipe!

In summary, Lisa found a recipe for monkey bread on the Stoneware Fluted Pan file here. The recipe calls for 1 ½ loaves frozen bread dough, thawed, ¼ - ½ cup melted butter, ¾ cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional), and 2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon. The dough is dipped in melted butter and then rolled in sugar mixture. The dough is then placed evenly in the pan and let the dough rise until double in size. The bread is baked in a preheated 375 F oven for 30 - 40 minutes.
lisatx04
I know somewhere I saw a recipe for monkey bread. Now I can't find it and I have been asked to make it for a brunch. Anyone know where I can find it? I did a search on the board for it but was unable to locate it.

Thanks for your help!!

Lisa

I found this in one of the Stoneware Fluted Pan files here. :)

Cinnamon Graham Monkey Bread
1 ½ loaves frozen bread dough, thawed (or one package of white or Parker house rolls, thawed)
¼ - ½ cup melted butter or margarine
¾ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon (Pampered Chef Korintje cinnamon is the best)

Lightly grease Fluted Pan. Divide thawed loaf of dough into 24 equal pieces (16 pieces for the whole loaf and 8 pieces for the half loaf). If using rolls they are ready to use once they have been thawed. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cracker crumbs, nuts and cinnamon. Set aside. Dip each piece of dough in melted butter and then roll in sugar mixture. Make sure that the dough is coated generously with the sugar mixture. Place each piece of dough evenly in pan. Let the dough rise until double in size. Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 30 - 40 minutes. The bread should be well browned and sound hollow when tapped on top. Remove from oven and let loaf cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and serve.

This is not a Pampered Chef recipe, but it is delicious and very inexpensive. I have made it tons of times. When my kids were little they used to love to help too. I have made this in the fluted stoneware pan.

3/4 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (I substitute the cinnamon plus)
4 (8 oz) cans biscuits (the cheap ones work great)

Topping:

3/4 c butter
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c sugar
nuts (optional) I usually leave out.

Cut biscuits in quarters and roll in sugar and cinnamon plus mixture; coat each piece. PLace in layers in greased Bundt cake pan. Sprinkle each layer with cinnamon mixture.

Heat topping until bubbly. Pour over top of biscuits. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes and remove from pan.

Do you think I can make this in a deep dish baker? Would you grease the bottom of the stone?

It is listed as Pull-Apart Bread with TPC. Try looking it up that way.

lisatx04 said:
Do you think I can make this in a deep dish baker? Would you grease the bottom of the stone?
YES-or the Stoneware Bundt Pan (I know that isn't the right name but I always forget the proper name-LOL!)

I make it in the 8" saute pan in the oven!

klsnyder said:
I make it in the 8" saute pan in the oven!
Neat! Do you cook at the same temp and same amount of time?

The monkey bread recipe is in all the best cookbook.
It's not under monkey bread, but it's the same thing

I wonder how these would be in the microwave (in the fluted stone)...hmmm!

I just wanted to follow up...

I made this on Sunday morning for a brunch I was doing at my house. Nothing related to PC. Anyway, my daughter made most of it and what a HIT !! I got oohs, ahhs and wow's from everyone. I am now making this for a breakfast at school on Friday mornig. This will be in my fave recipes for a long time! I made it in the deep dish baker, greased the bottom and added a bit more cinnamon than what the recipe called for. Yummy!!

Thanks to all!!

I make this monkey bread in the 8 inch saute pan. My husband loves it. Big hit at shows too.

Attachments

• Pull Apart Bread.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 436
I have to ask....until recently(last couple months) I never heard of monkey bread and now I see and hear it everywhere..what gives? I see its like a coffe cakish type thing is this correct?

It's been around for ages. My grandma used to make this all the time when I was little & that's been a few (30+) years ago.

I had a version one time where you roll your dough pieces in dry butterscotch pudding mix. Put it in your "bundt" pan & drizzle melted butter over the top then bake. Yummy! I need to try that again & see if i still like it!

Well I savd these recipes and will try them out...I probably have had "monkey bread" just never called it that or something....or possibly didn't know what to call it lol

I've only made the italiany garlic buttery one before and while it was okay, I wouldn't go out of my way to make it. I think I need to try the cinnamon one!

I made it again today at work and again, it was a huge hit. It's great warm and they even eat it room temp. So simple and really good!

Hi, I am new to Pampererd Chef and have never posted on chef success, because I enjoy reading what you guys have to say. Monkey Bread is one of the few things I make all the time! I love to make it in the fluted stoneware and then instead of adding extra cinn/sugar straight to the biscuits/bread dough (you can make a great one in you bread machine then freeze and use as needed!), I boil it down with butter, brown sugar, and vanilla creating a "mock" caramel. I pour that between my layers of dough and pecans; this creates a sticky, gooey wonderful smelling bread that has a pretty presentation when flipped over onto a nice looking tray! I have tried it in the microwave....big mistake!!! The top of the bread and bottom of the bread was fluffy and nice the middle was raw and yucky! It takes over an hour in the oven, but it fills the house with a wonderful smell...so worth the time and wait!:D

Karen Hodge said:
Cut biscuits in quarters and roll in sugar and cinnamon plus mixture; coat each piece. PLace in layers in greased Bundt cake pan. Sprinkle each layer with cinnamon mixture.

Easy tip... put the cinnamon sugar mixture in a gallon size ziploc bag, add the dough and shake away... Makes it even easier for the kids to do!

GourmetGirl said:
I've only made the italiany garlic buttery one before and while it was okay, I wouldn't go out of my way to make it. I think I need to try the cinnamon one!

I've made the garlic one twice. It's not a favorite here...just ok. The caramel pecan one is absolutely completely wonderful!!! I wish it wasn't so late so I could have it now!!!

1. What is monkey bread?

Monkey bread is a sweet, sticky, pull-apart bread made with dough balls coated in butter, sugar, and cinnamon. It is often served as a breakfast or dessert dish.

2. Can I make monkey bread without a bundt pan?

Yes, you can make monkey bread in a variety of pans, such as a loaf pan or a muffin tin. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

3. Do I have to use canned biscuits for monkey bread?

No, you can use homemade biscuit dough or even pizza dough for monkey bread. Just make sure to roll the dough into small balls before coating them in the butter and sugar mixture.

4. Can I make monkey bread ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the dough and assemble the monkey bread ahead of time. Just cover it tightly and refrigerate until you are ready to bake it. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time.

5. Can I add other ingredients to my monkey bread?

Yes, you can add ingredients such as chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips to your monkey bread for extra flavor and texture. Just make sure to evenly distribute them amongst the dough balls before baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• footballchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Roadtripray