• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make Desserts in the Oven Instead of a Deep Covered Baker?

In summary, to make molten lava cake in the oven, use a box of chocolate cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and a package of chocolate pudding mix. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit and let cool before removing from ramekins. You can use any type of cake mix, but chocolate is most commonly used. The cake is done when the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly. To reheat, cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes. You can use any type of chocolate for the filling and add in mix-ins for variety.
mmmsarah3
Can you make it in the oven? My host's microwave is too small. She wants me to make a dessert in the DCB though. Any suggestions if it doesnt work?

What about Baked Apples with a crumb topping made in the MFP??

Yes, you can make desserts in the oven instead of using the Deep Covered Baker (DCB). Here are some suggestions for making desserts in the oven:1. Cheesecake: Instead of making a cheesecake in the DCB, you can make it in a regular round cake pan or springform pan. Just make sure to line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easy removal. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until the center is set.2. Brownies: Use a regular 9x13 inch baking pan to make brownies in the oven. Follow your favorite brownie recipe and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.3. Apple Crisp: Use a 9x13 inch baking dish to make apple crisp in the oven. Layer sliced apples in the dish, top with a mixture of oats, flour, brown sugar, and butter, and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the apples are tender.4. Chocolate Chip Cookies: Instead of using the DCB to make cookies, use a regular baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.If you don't have access to an oven, you can also try making a no-bake dessert such as a refrigerator cake, icebox pie, or no-bake cookies. These desserts require minimal to no cooking and can be made in the fridge or freezer.

1. How do I make molten lava cake in the oven?

To make molten lava cake in the oven, you will need a box of chocolate cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and a package of chocolate pudding mix. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box to prepare the batter, then add in the pudding mix. Pour the batter into greased ramekins and bake for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the cakes cool for a few minutes before gently removing them from the ramekins.

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for the molten lava cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you prefer for the molten lava cake. However, keep in mind that the flavor of the cake mix will affect the overall taste of the lava cake. Chocolate cake mix is the most commonly used for this recipe.

3. How do I know when the molten lava cake is done?

The molten lava cake is done when the edges are set and the center is still slightly jiggly. You can also use a toothpick to test the cake - it should come out clean from the edges, but with some melted chocolate in the center.

4. Can I make molten lava cake in advance and reheat it in the oven?

Yes, you can make the molten lava cake in advance and reheat it in the oven. Make sure to cover the cakes with foil and store them in the fridge until ready to reheat. Place the cakes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5-7 minutes, or until warmed through.

5. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the molten lava filling?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for the molten lava filling, such as semi-sweet, dark, or white chocolate. You can also add in other mix-ins like peanut butter or caramel for a twist on the classic molten lava cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • cookingwithlove
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • iteachurkid