• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Ideas for Mini-Tart Pan - Please Help!

In summary, the mini muffin pan can be used for a variety of purposes, including baking, appetizers, and desserts. The recipe for the mini ham puffs is the best.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey everyone! I recently got the mini-tart pan but really don't know what to make with it. Could you please help me out? I've heard of the tuxedo brownies but could u please give me other ideas? Thanks in advance! :)

I use mine quite a bit, the Tuxedo brownies are great, I also use a cake mix an make small cup cakes. It is also great for appetizers, use the wonton wrappers and press them down with the tart shaper, spray with some olive oil and bake for about 10 minutes, then you can do serveral different types of fillings. I tell people that if you want easy, go to the deli and get crab salad or there is a great recipe for elegant artichoke cups that is a great filling. I hope this helps.

Here is what came up from Consultant's Corner when you put mini-muffin pan in for specific tool.

Asian-Style Wontons Season's Best® Spring/Summer 2004 2
Asian-Style Wontons Season's Best® Spring/Summer 2005 7
Asian-Style Wontons Season's Best® Spring/Summer 2004 2
Basic Tart Dough Product Use and Care
Berries 'N Cream Wonton Cups It's Good for You 114
Blueberry Muffins The Pampered Chef Classics 16
Cheesy Artichoke Cups Product Use and Care
Chicken & Berry Salad Main Dishes 67
Cookie Kisses Product Use and Care
Dutch Apple Mini Tarts Product Use and Care
Elegant Artichoke Cups Season's Best® Fall/Winter 2003 25
Elegant Artichoke Cups Season's Best® Fall/Winter 2004 6
Lemon Tartlets Delightful Desserts 100
Lil' Citrus Muffins Product Use and Care
Lil' Citrus Muffins The Pampered Chef Classics 16
Mini Corn Muffins Soups, Stews & Chilis Recipe Cards
Mini Ham Puffs All the Best 6
Pecan Tassies All the Best 87
Pecan Tassies Product Use and Care
Pecan Tassies The Pampered Chef Classics 64
Petite Chocolate Cherry Cheesecakes Delightful Desserts 30
Raspberry Almond Mini-Muffins Product Use and Care
S'More Brownie Bites The Pampered Chef® Let's Eat! 67
Salsa Bites Product Use and Care
Savory Vegetable Mini Quiches All the Best 13
Savory Vegetable Mini Quiches Product Use and Care
Shrimp Wonton Cups Celebrate 7
Tuxedo Brownie Cups Celebrate 100

chocolate chip cookie kisses:p This is my favorite, quick, easy recipe for a demo. I like to "greese" my pan a little bit with butter -- gives the cookie a nice buttery texture on the outside, and makes them easier to get out of the pan. Get a tube of choc chip cookies (I like tollhouse best) take a small pinch (or if you want to use the small scoop) plop it into the pan holes(?) and put a hershey kiss on top (press it in slightly). I prefer to use the dark chocolate kisses, I find they retain their shape better then the milk chocolate ones -- but that is totally up to you. Bake at 375 for approximately 17 minutes -- keep an eye on them around 15 minutes because ovens vary in temp. Take pan out of the oven and place on our wonderful cooling rack for around 15 minutes. Now this is the best part, and works every time -- twist the cookies out of the pan. By "twisting" instead of prying them out you get a perfect cookie. Just make sure that the cookies are "set" and not too hot to the touch and your good to go. By using the butter at the beginning, you avoid the cookie breaking up. I love this recipe, and use it often when sending goodies to school for my kids class parties! :D

Non-cooking ideaI use mine a lot for baking (probably most often used for wonton cups), but I also use them for my daughter's beads. When she wants to make necklaces, bracelets, etc., I put the beads in the cups. I've also done paints - I put tempera paint in a few of the cups and then I let her mix colors in the other cups (yes, I have a separate muffin tin for her :D ). I've sold a few to her school and to other moms with young girls after giving them this suggestion.

Diane

I love the Dutch Apple Mini-Tarts...my husband loves them too! They are like mini apple pies, and are a favorite recipe at my fall shows.

chefbilyeu said:
I love the Dutch Apple Mini-Tarts...my husband loves them too! They are like mini apple pies, and are a favorite recipe at my fall shows.

Could you share the recipe with us Rebecca? I would LOVE to make homemade little apple pies! Thanks in advance! :)

The mini ham puffs are the best !!You can find them in "All the best" , i make them for appetizers all the time ! everyone is like these are so good where did you buy them? Iam like well acually it is a PC recipe !!
You can also flip over you mini muffin pan and use it for the shells to the new chocolate mousse recipe from the chocolate theme show this season !

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups!!I also make the c.c.c.c's but....I fill the Easy Accent Decorator with chocolate frosting (in the white plastic cans, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury whatever is on sale) pipe the frosting into the cups after they are removed. I'll do a few and tell guests if they want one, they have to fill it themselves! Oh yeah, whatever frosting flavor you want - vanilla works too! (the choc. frosting is also great to use when you're doing the Death By Chocolate shows). Ok so my sister (also PC consultant) and I were brainstorming one day and we came up with ...fill one side of the E.A. tube with choco. frosting and the other side with peanut butter well....what can I say...people fell in love!!! very very good!

It never fails when I demo the mini muff. tin, the tart press, the small scoop, and the E.A. Decor. oh and the Kit. spritzer. People by these!!! I always sell the E.A. Decor when I demo it!! Good Luck!

Not really a recipe but my friends like to use theirs for JELLO shots :D

Dutch Apple Mini TartsHere's the recipe, Kristi---Enjoy!
By the way, I don't have a cut and seal, so I just use either the Bread Tube or the Measure All Cup to cut the circles
1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts
Apple Filling

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced and chopped (3 cups)

Topping

3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter or margarine

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. On lightly floured surface, roll one pie crust into 12 x 10-inch rectangle using Baker's Roller™. Cut 12 circles from dough using Cut-N-Seal™. Press into Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan using Mini-Tart Shaper. Repeat with remaining pie crust.

2. For apple filling, whisk cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl until smooth. Whisk in sugar until fluffy. Mix in egg until well blended. Stir in flour and cinnamon until smooth. Peel and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Chop into small pieces using Food Chopper. Stir into cream cheese mixture.

3. Fill prepared muffin cups with apple mixture, filling over top of pastry. For topping, combine 3 tablespoons flour and 3 tablespoons brown sugar. Cut in butter until forms coarse crumbs. Spoon over apple filling.

4. Bake in preheated oven 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Yield: 24 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 148, Total Fat 10 g

Thank you so much Rebecca! I can't wait to try them! :D

Baby FoodWhen I made my own baby food, I used my mini muffin pan to freeze the individual portions. I liked the size better than ice cube trays!

ShanaSmith said:
I use mine quite a bit, the Tuxedo brownies are great, I also use a cake mix an make small cup cakes. It is also great for appetizers, use the wonton wrappers and press them down with the tart shaper, spray with some olive oil and bake for about 10 minutes, then you can do serveral different types of fillings. I tell people that if you want easy, go to the deli and get crab salad or there is a great recipe for elegant artichoke cups that is a great filling. I hope this helps.

What kind of fillings??? I just ordered this through my 1st recruit's show (the shaper and the mini pan) :)

***I wanted to add you can buy it at a discounted price of only $9.25!!! That's half priced. Just enter DS92 into a "supply" order!!! You've all convinced me that I need this! LOL.

Easy Accent DecoratorThank you for the tip on the EAD being half price Susan. I had no idea. Did I miss something somewhere about it?

Hi Erika! It's Rebecca!The half-priced ED is on the paperwork supply order for this season. Great find, isn't it?

its_me_susan said:
What kind of fillings??? I just ordered this through my 1st recruit's show (the shaper and the mini pan) :)

Well, I have typed the recipe for Elegant Artichoke Cups out to you twice and the list of the 20 products that you can sell with it, but everytime I got to submit my post, the site stops responding. It is in the Season's Best F/W 04. I would also suggest that you go to the recipe search on the PC website and type in Deluxe mini-muffing pan, it will bring up several recipes for you. If you would like the Elegant Artichoke recipe still I would be happy to email it to you. The filling for the baked pot stickers is really good in wonton cups, made in the mini-muffing pan, that way you can get more of that yummy dipping sauce.

ChefErika said:
Thank you for the tip on the EAD being half price Susan. I had no idea. Did I miss something somewhere about it?

Look at your Supply Order form! It's a discount with the Celebrations theme running now. One per consultant! Just use that code I posted in your "supply" order. :)

ShanaSmith said:
Well, I have typed the recipe for Elegant Artichoke Cups out to you twice and the list of the 20 products that you can sell with it, but everytime I got to submit my post, the site stops responding. It is in the Season's Best F/W 04. I would also suggest that you go to the recipe search on the PC website and type in Deluxe mini-muffing pan, it will bring up several recipes for you. If you would like the Elegant Artichoke recipe still I would be happy to email it to you. The filling for the baked pot stickers is really good in wonton cups, made in the mini-muffing pan, that way you can get more of that yummy dipping sauce.

Thanks Shana! I would love it if you still have the document, my email is [email protected] Thank you soooo much!

tpchefrebecca said:
The half-priced ED is on the paperwork supply order for this season. Great find, isn't it?
Hey Lady. :) It is a great find and I don't know how I missed it. Thank you again for the info.

its_me_susan said:
Look at your Supply Order form! It's a discount with the Celebrations theme running now. One per consultant! Just use that code I posted in your "supply" order. :)
Thank you Susan. I can always use another EAD :)

Please help!!I'm making mini-cupcakes tonight for my son's school tomorrow (he turned 5 today :eek: ) and have never used the mini-tart pan for making cupcakes. Can someone tell me how much cake batter I need to make one batch (24) of cupcakes? :) I greatly appreciate it! Oh, also, how long do you bake it for? :confused:

I have found when using the mini muffin tin that one tablespoon will fill each cup perfectly. Our Small Scoop is one tablespoon so I would try that first.

My favorite thing to do with the muffin tin is to take refrigerated pie crust and roll it out on the counter just a little bit. Then I use a biscuit cutter to cut the dough into circles. Each circle goes into each muffin cup and press down with the tamper. Use a fork to prick the bottom of each dough cup and then bake them at 400 for 16-18 minutes or until they are done. Let them cool and then use the EAD filled with Pillsbury or Betty Crocker or whatever brand frosting, any flavor, and fill each pie crust. These are great bite-sized treats for kids because they usually like to eat frosting straight from the tub. (Me too!!)

I LOVE to make Cookie Kisses! These are varieties I've made:

Choc chip dough with choc kiss
sugar cookie dough with dark chocolate kiss
sugar cookie dough with mint chocolate kiss

Yum yum and sooooooo quick! You can make a million in about 30 minutes!

Also have made Pecan Tassies - SOOOO gourmet and easy. A little time consuming, and only make 24. But yummy and impressive enough that I plan to chop pecans during my boutique demo-ing my chopper! And will then make these in triple batch!

I plan to make mini-quiche.... just use crescent roll dough or pie crust (I have the recipe somewhere). I'm including a few other recipes I intend to try; most I got here.

I LOVE these tools!!!

Susan :)

Attachments

• ;-) COOKIE KISSES.doc
    19 KB · Views: 518
  • ;-) Pecan Tassies.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 466
  • Mini Quiche Recipes.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 578
  • Elegant Artichoke Cups.doc
    23 KB · Views: 560
  • Taco Tartlettes.doc
    19 KB · Views: 504
kimcooks4u said:
...fill one side of the E.A. tube with choco. frosting and the other side with peanut butter well....what can I say...people fell in love!!! very very good!

It never fails when I demo the mini muff. tin, the tart press, the small scoop, and the E.A. Decor. oh and the Kit. spritzer. People by these!!! I always sell the E.A. Decor when I demo it!! Good Luck!

How did you fill half way please?

Hi Susan!

I couldn't download your first two documents. It says it is a broderbund file. I have that but it still doesn't open. Is there anyway you can paste it on here?

Thanks!

By the way, I love the artichoke recipe. I made it for a MK party I had for my friend. It was her first beauty show. I made those and mini strawberry tarts. She loved it. The mini-muffin pan is a great way to look like you went to a lot of trouble with no trouble at all. ;)

tpchefrebecca said:
Hi Susan!

By the way, I love the artichoke recipe. I made it for a MK party I had for my friend. It was her first beauty show. I made those and mini strawberry tarts. She loved it. The mini-muffin pan is a great way to look like you went to a lot of trouble with no trouble at all. ;)

I agree mini-muffin treats look time consuming! I keep freezing when I try to copy in recipes. the cookie kiss recipes comes withe tart shaper, pecan tassies are in either the dessert or all the best books. Let me try to get them from another site - brb

I will also vouch that elegant artichoke cups are THE BEST- I often make them at shows- Everyone RAVES about them.

My second favorite mini muffin pan recipe I got from a host-

You use the recipe from tomato basil squares (from ALL THE BEST), but you put them over crescent roll bits as in the mini ham puffs recipe, (ALSO from ALL THE BEST). Fabulously yummy!

1. What are some creative ideas for using a mini-tart pan?

Aside from tuxedo brownies, you can also use a mini-tart pan to make mini quiches, fruit tarts, cheesecakes, savory tarts, and even mini-pizzas. The options are endless!

2. Can I use a mini-tart pan for regular-sized recipes?

Yes, you can definitely use a mini-tart pan for regular-sized recipes. Simply adjust the ingredients and baking time accordingly. Keep in mind that the crust may be thicker than usual, but it will still taste delicious!

3. Are there any vegan or gluten-free options for mini-tart pan recipes?

Absolutely! There are many vegan and gluten-free crust recipes available online that you can use for your mini-tart pan creations. You can also fill the tarts with plant-based or gluten-free fillings such as tofu or nut-based cheesecake fillings.

4. Can I make savory dishes with a mini-tart pan?

Yes, you can definitely make savory dishes with a mini-tart pan. Some ideas include mini quiches, savory tarts, and mini-pizzas. You can also use a regular pie crust recipe and fill it with your favorite savory ingredients.

5. Is a mini-tart pan worth the investment?

It really depends on your personal preference and how often you plan on using it. If you love baking and experimenting with different types of recipes, a mini-tart pan can be a fun and versatile addition to your kitchen. However, if you rarely bake or have limited storage space, it may not be necessary to invest in one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dina Atnip
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Amy In Ohio
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
time2cook
  • kat29