• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adorable Mini Pumpkin Pies: Easy and Delicious Recipe

I have never made pumpkin pie but these sound too cute to pass up this Thanksgiving! TIA !Do you think we can cookie cutter the pie crust with the old flower bread tube then place in the MMP and then have enough extra crust to do the leaves and pumpkins?I have fresh pumpkin so I am not sure the ingredients that is needed? Actually I have NEVER made pumpkin pie but these sound too cute to pass up this Thanksgiving! TIA !Do you think we can cookie cutter the pie crust with the old flower bread tube then place in the MMP and then have enough extra crust to do the leaves and pumpkins?I have fresh pumpkin so I am not sure the ingredients that
ragschef
Just thought I'd share....

I just made the cutest li'l pumpkin pies ever.

I mixed up the canned pumpkin mix as directed. Then balled up pieces of refrigerated pie crusts and pressed them into my mini muffin pan. Then, with the dough that was left over, I took my pumpkin and leaf creative cutters and placed little designs on top of the mini pies. I baked them in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes. They are too cute!! and yummy too!! If I were to do this for a party or special occasion, I would probably pipe whipped cream on top using the EAD.

Sounds great!
Any way you can let us see pictures, hmmmm?

I am making all of my pies (apple, cherry, blueberry, chocolate, lemon) this thanksgiving into mini pies but I wasn't sure about how the pumpkin would work because it has a longer bake time than the rest of them.

So if I make the recipe on the can (either 100% pumpkin or the pie filling) it will only take about 20 minutes for the mini ones.

and by the way, I am using the crust recipe for the lemon tarlets for my crust.

The resaon I am doing the mini ones is because I have notice that people like them all but won't eat large portions of it, they will pick one or two pies and have thin slices, this way, they can have just a bite with these mini pies and it will be easlier to send home with family also

~

KellyTheChef said:
Sounds great!
Any way you can let us see pictures, hmmmm?

I'm so computer/technologically illiterate that I'll have to wait until my hubby gets home to get it uploaded. I'll get them on here though. Better yet, he will.... ;)

How cute those sound!

PictureHere's a picture of the mini pumpkin pies I made this afternoon.

Mini Pumpkin Pies.jpg

Here's the picture of the mini pumpkin pies I made this afternoon.

Those are so cute! You have inspired me to make some!

Even Cuter than I imagined! Nice!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ... bowing... I'd like to thank my mom, who taught me how to cook; my sister who always believed in me; and my husband and daughter who are always my guinea pigs!

Just kidding! I'm glad you guys think they're cute. They're also very yummy with a little vanilla ice cream or cool whip on top!

ragschef said:
Just thought I'd share....

I just made the cutest li'l pumpkin pies ever.

I mixed up the canned pumpkin mix as directed. Then balled up pieces of refrigerated pie crusts and pressed them into my mini muffin pan. Then, with the dough that was left over, I took my pumpkin and leaf creative cutters and placed little designs on top of the mini pies. I baked them in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes. They are too cute!! and yummy too!! If I were to do this for a party or special occasion, I would probably pipe whipped cream on top using the EAD.
Do you think we can cookie cutter the pie crust with the old flower bread tube then place in the MMP and then have enough extra crust to do the leaves and pumpkins?

I have fresh pumpkin so I am not sure the ingredients that is needed? Actually I have NEVER made pumpkin pie but these sound too cute to pass up this Thanksgiving! TIA !

<I am using the crust recipe for the lemon tarlets for my crust>
..... Please enlighten me... Thanks so much :)

heat123 said:
Do you think we can cookie cutter the pie crust with the old flower bread tube then place in the MMP and then have enough extra crust to do the leaves and pumpkins?

I have fresh pumpkin so I am not sure the ingredients that is needed? Actually I have NEVER made pumpkin pie but these sound too cute to pass up this Thanksgiving! TIA !

Here is an older PC recipe that tells how to do the crust using premade crust.....

Attachments

• Spiced Pumpkin Tartlets.doc
    71 KB · Views: 394
Those are so much cuter than the ones I made a couple of years ago. We just made the mini pumpkin pies without the decorations. I've put a couple of the cut outs on large pies but never on the mini ones. Last year I made pies in the stoneware muffin pans. I'm planning on making those again this year only add the decorations!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

I was wondering how long you'd bake these things too!I'd be wary of the design on top personally, just because my oven overheats so badly (and because I don't have the cutter thing.)Can you use the regular pie dough (like Jiffy?)I'm thinking this would be a good thing to promote as "what to do with leftover filling."

Di_Can_Cook said:
I'd be wary of the design on top personally, just because my oven overheats so badly (and because I don't have the cutter thing.)

Just bake the cutouts separately on a flat stone & place them on top
after they are cooled. That way they aren't over done.

Just wondering....does anyone know if you can freeze any of these? TIA

Ginger428 said:
Just wondering....does anyone know if you can freeze any of these? TIA

Yes. They can be frozen.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I was wondering how long you'd bake these things too!

I'd be wary of the design on top personally, just because my oven overheats so badly (and because I don't have the cutter thing.)

Can you use the regular pie dough (like Jiffy?)

I'm thinking this would be a good thing to promote as "what to do with leftover filling."

I baked mine at 350 for 20 minutes. The cutouts were baked right on the pies. Since your oven overheats, maybe you could do a loose covering with foil while they bake???

I love those! Pumpkin pie is my all time favorite! It is a great idea for my son that has to be gluten-free & casein-free. I can make a batch (also his favorite) using his ingredients and freeze for lunches. Thanks for the thought!

so cute. im going to make these.

made them this afternoon. used 2 pie crusts, lots of filling left over, but i plan to make another batch for my open house.

1. How do you make the mini pumpkin pies?

To make these adorable mini pumpkin pies, you will need canned pumpkin mix, refrigerated pie crusts, and pumpkin and leaf creative cutters. Simply mix the canned pumpkin according to the directions, press pieces of pie crust into a mini muffin pan, and add designs with the cutters. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

2. Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned?

Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin for this recipe. Simply cook and puree the pumpkin before mixing it with the other ingredients.

3. How many mini pies does this recipe make?

The number of mini pies this recipe makes will depend on the size of your muffin pan and how thinly you roll out the pie crust. On average, this recipe can make about 24 mini pies.

4. Can I use a different type of crust?

Yes, you can use a different type of crust for these mini pumpkin pies. You can use a homemade crust or a different pre-made crust, such as graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust.

5. How should I store these mini pumpkin pies?

These mini pumpkin pies can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage, just be sure to thaw them before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• narfing
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • pchockeymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smart2cook
Replies