• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Pesto Pizza/3 Cheese Garden Pizza

In summary, the three cheese garden pizza is to die for. I would take it over pizza hut any day! The mini pesto pizzas are also great, but people love the garden pizza the best.
Pam6170
Who has tried these and how do they taste???

The three cheese garden pizza is to die for. I would take it over pizza hut any day!

Mini Pesto Pizzas always go over great at parties! I haven't tried the three cheese garden pizza, but it sounds delish!

I've done both at shows and personally, I really like the pesto pizzas. BUT everyone else loves the garden one. I really dont think you can go wrong with either they are both great!

Three cheese garden pizza is great!

I haven't tried the Mini Pesto Pizzas, but need to. The problem is, when I'm going to make pizza, the Three Cheese Garden is soooooo good! Even people who don't like veggies like it (if they'll try it, that is!).

A tip from my director - the recipe doesn't use the Food Chopper, but she's found that to be a "must demo item". I have to cut part of the onion to fit in the UM, since I like red onions, so I chop up that part in the FC!

Seriously, this pizza is dangerously good. When I first tried it at home, I ate half the pizza myself!:eek:

Everyone that has tried the three chesse pizza LOVES it. I have never had the pesto's

Pam6170 said:
Who has tried these and how do they taste???

I've made both and they've both been a hit at the shows I've done them. The one host loved that the pesto could be made right with the food chopper (she had offered to take down one of her machines - I just smiled and said 'watch' LOL)... the one benefit to the pesto pizzas is they're easier to get out of the pan, just a matter of using the cut and serve spatula. The three cheese pizza, well, when you use the pizza cutter you're left with the edges uncut then you're left either using the cut and serve spatula or breaking out a knife.

Both are equally delicious though. I personally think the pesto pizza concept is easy to alter too... at home, I've taken the concept of the 'mini' pizza thing and done all sorts of toppings depending on the eater and it's worked well. Of course you can do that with the 'big' pizza too but with the mini pizzas there's no 'toppings touching' concerns that some picky eaters have. ;)

I agree that both are big hits at shows.

Good- I'm making the Pesto Mini Pizzas tonight, and I haven't had them before. (It seemed like a simple enough recipe that I didn't bother to test it at home.) I've got index cards written out for an interactive show, and am really looking forward to it.

Both are awsome! LOVE<3 LOVE<3 LOVE<3 The three cheese pizza is great I make it often for dinner, and the mini pesto pizza's I made for a monthly meeting and they were a big hit, then when I brought the leftovers home my DH finished the rest he loved them.

ok - call me an airhead - where are the recipes for these pizzas - I need to try them!!

You'll find the mini pesto pizzas recipe in Consultants Corner under the Bites & Bevs tab and Three Cheese Garden pizza under New Consultant Recipes

chefann said:
Good- I'm making the Pesto Mini Pizzas tonight, and I haven't had them before. (It seemed like a simple enough recipe that I didn't bother to test it at home.) I've got index cards written out for an interactive show, and am really looking forward to it.

I thought this would be a good interactive recipe.....you'll have to let us know how it goes Ann! Good luck with your show!

I will, Becky! We're also making the cran-raspberry fizz. It's a repeat group (this host has a show once or twice a year, and I think tonight is her 5th or 6th show with me - I AM trying to sign her :) ), and I think the interactive thing will be a fun twist to keep their interest.

ChefJeniLobdell said:
You'll find the mini pesto pizzas recipe in Consultants Corner under the Bites & Bevs tab and Three Cheese Garden pizza under New Consultant Recipes

Thank YOU!!!! I think I will make one tommorrow!!

I make the 3 cheese veggie pizza alot and I have also made it using a croissant crust. My DH likes it better with the croissant crust. Just some food for thought.

three cheese pizzaI've made the three cheese pizza at my shows and it's been a hit. Sometimes people hesitate to try it, but once they do they go back for more. I've has past guests comment on it and they always want the recipe. Take copies of the recipe for your guests!
It's light, and yummy!

:chef: Jess

I made the mini pesto pizzas a few days ago and they were a big hit. I used pine nuts instead of walnuts, because I prefer them, and it was great. Would be even better if I used the skillet to toast them before I chopped them. I will probably do that at my party on Saturday.

I'm reporting back on the mini pesto pizzas as an interactive show.

It was a total blast, but I need to work on my interactive show because I forgot to talk about things. I set out "stations" with tools, ingredients and numbered cards with the recipe step on it. I still had to coax people to try things, but there were people who wanted to try specific things. (And the UM behaved itself!)

These were the steps I had, with tools I used (because I was also making the cran-raspberry fizz, I used some tools for that and changed up what was used for the pizzas).

Preheat oven to 425°F. (did this during my prep)

1. Core tomatoes using coring end of Core and More. Cutting board and Core and More; 2 roma tomatoes

2. Slice tomatoes using color coated tomato knife; set aside. Color Coated Tomato Knife (same cutting board as previous step)

3. Grate Parmesan cheese using Microplane® Adjustable Grater. Microplane and Prep Bowl; 1 oz Parm

4. Coarsely chop walnuts using Food Chopper. Combine walnuts and Parmesan cheese in Prep Bowl; mix well. Food Chopper; walnuts

5. Place dough onto Cutting Board (do not unroll dough). Using a sawing motion, slice dough into 15 disks (about 1/2 in. thick) using Utility Knife. Large Grooved Cutting Board, Forged Utility Knife; tube of pizza crust dough

6. Place disks onto Large Bar Pan; lightly press to flatten and seal seams. Large Bar Pan, Baker's Roller

7. Spread 1 tsp pesto over each crust with back of Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon. (Ended up using the Adjustable Measuring Spoon because the Easy Adjustable one wouldn't fit in the jar of pesto.) Adjustable Measuring Spoon; purchased pesto

8. Grate 4 oz. mozzarella cheese using coarse drum of Deluxe Cheese Grater. DCG, Prep Bowl; chunk of mozzarella

9. Divide mozzarella cheese evenly among pizzas. Top each pizza with one tomato slice and Parmesan mixture.

10. Bake 12-15 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula. Oven Mitt, Hot Pad/Trivet, Mini Serving Spatula, Clock/Timer

I did much the same for the Cran-Raspberry Fizz, but I used a different color pen to write out the cards. So I could say that "We're working on the recipe in green first, then the pink one." Tools used: Color Coated Santoku, Cutting Board with Measure Cups, UM, FSQSP, largest cup from Adjustable Measuring Cups, Citrus Press, Ice Cream Dipper

Sounds like fun Ann! I'm going to see if my Monday host wants to do an interactive show with the Jerk Chicken Nachos and Cranberry-Fizz. I'm a little nervous to switch it up but it will mean less work for me in the long run.

Thanks for posting that Ann! I love the mini-pesto pizza's and they are always a hit at my shows. I have been making my shows interactive as well, but still unsure of myself. I am basically placing people at stations, and then sort of assembling all the steps together myself.

How does everyone else "direct" guests through all the steps?

1. What ingredients are included in the Mini Pesto Pizza/3 Cheese Garden Pizza?

The Mini Pesto Pizza typically includes a pre-made pizza crust, pesto sauce, mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil. The 3 Cheese Garden Pizza includes a pre-made pizza crust, marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella, feta, and parmesan cheese, topped with a variety of fresh vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.

2. Are these pizzas suitable for vegetarians?

Yes, both the Mini Pesto Pizza and 3 Cheese Garden Pizza are vegetarian-friendly. They do not contain any meat or meat products.

3. How long does it take to cook these pizzas?

The cooking time may vary depending on your oven, but on average, it takes about 10-15 minutes to cook these pizzas in a preheated oven at 375°F.

4. Can I customize the toppings on these pizzas?

Yes, you can definitely customize the toppings on these pizzas according to your preference. You can add or remove any toppings that you like.

5. Can these pizzas be frozen and reheated?

Yes, both the Mini Pesto Pizza and 3 Cheese Garden Pizza can be frozen and reheated. Make sure to wrap them tightly in foil or plastic wrap before placing them in the freezer. To reheat, simply bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefChris
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • carolinakitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies