• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Sticky Bites from Mini Muffin Pans

In summary, using the citrus peeler or cooking spray before removing food from the mini muffin wells will help to prevent scratching.
KayPT
So, I have been trying to figure out the best way to remove things from the mini muffin pan when it can't be tipped over. Some of the appetizer and stuff that the inside is gooey or something. I used the small scraper, but didn't know if a fork would scratch it or not. The scraper didn't work the best but it was ok. Thank you!

Try the citrus peeler or even a toothpick can sometimes help. I have used mini muffin wrappers in the past for some recipes too.

Maybe...spray it with cooking spray beforehand??

I use the citrus peeler. I use the kitchen spritzer on the pan before I bake things so they slide out really easily. Sometimes I just twist the food a little bit and then am able to lift them out just fine.

Definitely DO NOT use a fork or knife or spoon unless it is plastic. I scratched the bejeezus out of every well on my pan when I tried the Chipotle Chicken Cornbread Cups. Never made those again either LOL

Same advice here: Spray the pan before starting and then use the citrus peeler to remove food from the wells. It works perfectly. You also want to remove the food as soon as it's touchable (about 5 minutes) - sometimes letting it get cool in the pan is what makes things stick.

Personally I never use paper cups in any of my pans. It's less waste (more green) and I have had too many issues with peeling that paper off my food in the past. ALL of our muffin pans work great without them!

i spray with bakers joy
and use citrus peeler

I use the small spreader.

I use the little separating that comes with the springform pan, and always, ALWAYS, Pan-Eeze (recipe follows). I use it in any baking job to ensure NOTHING sticks! I usually make up a 1/2 cup of each ingredient batch at a time. Got the recipe on this site years ago, can't remember from who! (or is it "whom"...hm...)

The recipe is very simple:

Equal parts Shortening, Vegetable Oil, and Flour. Mix together, and store in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature for liquid application; or use cold like regular shortening!

I am weary about using the cooking spray. I feel that it has left a residue on my mini muffin tin... I think I am done with pre-made spray... just going to use the spray pump from now on

If you remove the food when it is still warm/somewhat hot, it will come out better than if it cools in the pan.

Teresa Lynn said:
i spray with bakers joy
and use citrus peeler

I use Baker's Joy also! I like how it's flour based. It really works well without all the nasty excess oils.

Wow, thank you all for the wonderful tips. I would have never thought to try the citrus peeler! And thanks for all the tips and info. on spray. Thanks again!

1. How do I remove sticky bites from mini muffin pans without damaging them?

To remove sticky bites from mini muffin pans without damaging them, start by letting the pan cool completely. Then, use a plastic spatula or spoon to gently loosen the bites from the sides of the pan. Next, soak the pan in warm soapy water for a few minutes to help loosen the bites even more. Finally, use a soft sponge or cloth to scrub the pan, being careful not to use any abrasive materials that could scratch the pan's surface.

2. Can I use cooking spray to prevent sticky bites from sticking to the pan?

Yes, you can use cooking spray to prevent sticky bites from sticking to the pan. Before adding the bites to the pan, lightly spray it with cooking spray, making sure to cover all areas. This will create a non-stick surface and make it easier to remove the bites once they are done baking.

3. What if the sticky bites are still stuck to the pan after cooling?

If the sticky bites are still stuck to the pan after cooling, try placing the pan in the freezer for a few minutes. The cold temperature will cause the bites to contract slightly, making them easier to remove. Alternatively, you can try running warm water over the bottom of the pan for a few seconds to help loosen the bites.

4. Do I need to grease the mini muffin pan before baking sticky bites?

It is recommended to lightly grease the mini muffin pan before baking sticky bites. This will help prevent the bites from sticking to the pan and make them easier to remove. If you are using a non-stick pan, you may not need to grease it as much, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

5. How do I clean the mini muffin pan after removing sticky bites?

To clean the mini muffin pan after removing sticky bites, start by letting it cool completely. Then, use warm soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth to scrub away any residue left from the bites. For tougher stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and gently scrub the pan. Rinse the pan thoroughly and dry it with a towel before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dianevill
  • whitneythompson
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
whitneythompson
  • mspibb
  • Products and Tips
Replies