• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Recipe a Hit at Cinco de Mayo Party - Get Cookbook Details!

In summary, the conversation was about a delicious recipe for mini margarita pies that was shared at a Cinco de Mayo party and received rave reviews. The recipe included sugar cookie dough, cream cheese, powdered sugar, limes, and cool whip, and could be topped with pretzels and strawberries. The original poster also sold cookbooks at the party and had great success. Other attendees shared their variations of the recipe, including adding lime juice and zest, using a microplane grater, and adding fresh mint leaves. The conversation ended with the reposting of the recipe for those who missed it.
Braedensmom
Who ever posted the recipe for these, YOU ROCK!!! They were a huge hit at my Cinco de Mayo party yesterday and even got 2 orders for the mini tin and tart shaper so they could make them too!!!!!:D AND GOD WERE THEY YUMMY!!!!!! It took me about 3 tries to get the tarts to come out right but well worth it!!! AWESOME!!!! I know you all are going to ask me to post the recipe I will I just gotta run right now!!!
Also a big sell at the party was the cookbooks. I made the Tex Mex chicken melts and (all- the best cookbook) handed the cookbook around, every single person there bought a cookbook. I am going to do this from now on at every show!!!!!

I did it, I'm the one you can hold responsible for your new found addiction. If it's not yet, it will be! I LOVE them! Thank you Debbie for bringing them to the meeting and sharing this recipe!
I made them Mojito pies yesterday.... very tasty! Omit the pretzels and add finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Top with a tiny slice of lime and sprig of mint!

Ok I won't make you wait any longer... here is the recipe again!
Mini Margarita Pies

1 pkg Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough (Pillsbury or Nestle break and bake 20 count)

1 pkg cream cheese

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1 or 2 limes

8 oz container of cool whip

Pretzels (optional)

Strawberries (Optional for garnish)

Cut each of the dough cookies in half. Roll into a ball and place in Mini Muffin Pan. Press with floured Mini Tart Shaper.
Bake cookies at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown( I have found 8 minutes works best for me). Remove from oven and cool for about 1 minute, then REPRESS (lightly) with floured Mini Tart Shaper. Remove from Pan to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Meanwhile, combined softened cream cheese with powdered sugar in Classic Batter Bowl. Zest lime with Microplane Adjustable Grater. Cut lime in half and press with Citrus Press. (Add both limes if you prefer lots of lime flavor!) Mix with Stainless Steel Whisk. Add in Cool Whip.
Using Star tip of Easy Accent Decorator, pipe filling into cups. If desired, add chopped pretzels to cup before filling (to add a bit of salty flavor), OR stick a pretzel stick into each cup. Garnish with strawberry slice if desired

I can't WAIT to see the recipe! THey sound really good. Congrats on having a great party! Woo hoo! Oh, and I have yet to sell a cookbook even though I bring mine to all the shows. Guess I need to physically put them IN their hands - or choose recipes from them. Thx for the idea! ;)

Shana Smith- you ROCK girlfriend...they were awesome. I did put in about 1/4 c lime juice....and 1/4 C real sugar...not only put the lime zest in the mix but used the microplane grater and put some on top as well.

I had several comments that they liked the cookbooks because of the pictures. Good selling point!!!

I cant believe I actually sold the tins and the tart shapers. IT was over an $800 party...so not bad at all and with a great group of gals....FUn Stuff

I don't have the microplane grater - what about the zester that came in the kit? Does that do the same thing?

I can't seem to find the original recipe... where's the post for it?

THat grater is one of my favorite tools. I'm not sure how the zester works, but I think you get a finer zest with the grater. But the zester would be awesome to make little lime zest curls to put on top of the "pies". We must have different kits, mine came with the grater. I adore it!!!

ShanaSmith said:
I did it, I'm the one you can hold responsible for your new found addiction. If it's not yet, it will be! I LOVE them! Thank you Debbie for bringing them to the meeting and sharing this recipe!
I made them Mojito pies yesterday.... very tasty! Omit the pretzels and add finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Top with a tiny slice of lime and sprig of mint!

Ok I won't make you wait any longer... here is the recipe again!
Mini Margarita Pies

1 pkg Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough (Pillsbury or Nestle break and bake 20 count)

1 pkg cream cheese

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1 or 2 limes

8 oz container of cool whip

Pretzels (optional)

Strawberries (Optional for garnish)

Cut each of the dough cookies in half. Roll into a ball and place in Mini Muffin Pan. Press with floured Mini Tart Shaper.
Bake cookies at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown( I have found 8 minutes works best for me). Remove from oven and cool for about 1 minute, then REPRESS (lightly) with floured Mini Tart Shaper. Remove from Pan to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Meanwhile, combined softened cream cheese with powdered sugar in Classic Batter Bowl. Zest lime with Microplane Adjustable Grater. Cut lime in half and press with Citrus Press. (Add both limes if you prefer lots of lime flavor!) Mix with Stainless Steel Whisk. Add in Cool Whip.
Using Star tip of Easy Accent Decorator, pipe filling into cups. If desired, add chopped pretzels to cup before filling (to add a bit of salty flavor), OR stick a pretzel stick into each cup. Garnish with strawberry slice if desired

right here! :)

If you use the zester you will probably want to use a knife to chop the zest up as fine as possible. I did this with the mint for my Mojito pies.

kcjodih said:
right here! :)

*smacks forehead* I just glanced over that and thought that was for the Mojito version. Man, I'm tired.

Oh, these sound incredible. I have a margarita party this weekend...these will be perfect....of course I will have to practice them a couple times first.:D

The microplane tool is my absolute favorite tool...worth every penny. I love how it zests!

kris
(going to conference!)

1. What is the recipe featured in the cookbook for the Cinco de Mayo party?

The recipe featured in the cookbook for the Cinco de Mayo party is a delicious and authentic Mexican dish called "Enchiladas Verdes". This dish is made with shredded chicken, green salsa, and corn tortillas, topped with melted cheese and served with a side of rice and beans.

2. Is the cookbook suitable for beginners in the kitchen?

Yes, the cookbook is designed for all levels of cooking experience. The recipes are easy to follow and include step-by-step instructions, making it perfect for beginners in the kitchen. Additionally, the cookbook includes helpful tips and tricks for successful cooking.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in the cookbook?

Yes, the cookbook includes a variety of vegetarian and vegan options for those with dietary restrictions. Some of these options include vegetarian enchiladas, tofu tacos, and vegan guacamole. Each recipe also includes substitutions for ingredients to accommodate different dietary needs.

4. Can I purchase the cookbook online?

Yes, the cookbook is available for purchase online through the Pampered Chef website. You can also find it at select retail stores and at Pampered Chef cooking parties.

5. Are there any dessert recipes in the cookbook?

Yes, the cookbook includes a section dedicated to delicious Mexican desserts. Some of the recipes featured in this section include churros, tres leches cake, and flan. These recipes are perfect for adding a sweet ending to your Cinco de Mayo party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • cookn' katie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies