• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy Microwave Recipes for Newbies

I live in the Desert so using the microwave is way better than turning on the oven. One of my first purchases after I signed on was the DCB and I love it! I have been experimenting with recipes and using it almost daily! Also got the fluted cake pan at my grand opening and I have been making cakes every week.Thanks for your input!
pamperedmomofthree
Anyone have any good microwave recipes that would be good for show. I have the microwave cake ones. Also that uses products that I have as a newbie? I do have the fluted stone, large round stone w/handles, 12 cup muffin pan.

Thanks

Most of the microwave recipes I use are for the Deep Covered Baker.....

ChefBeckyD said:
Most of the microwave recipes I use are for the Deep Covered Baker.....

Mmmmmmmmm....the chicken fajitas (sp?), almost sure thats your recipe?

I see a lot of good recipes in the DCB, so I just ordered one. Can't wait till it gets here :)

pamperedmomofthree said:
I see a lot of good recipes in the DCB, so I just ordered one. Can't wait till it gets here :)

That is one of my favorite stones....second only to the large bar pan!
You WILL sell these if you use it and talk about it!

BTW- Becky's recipe for chicken fajitas are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! So moist, juicy, yummy and QUICK!!

pamperedmomofthree said:
Anyone have any good microwave recipes that would be good for show. I have the microwave cake ones. Also that uses products that I have as a newbie? I do have the fluted stone, large round stone w/handles, 12 cup muffin pan.

Thanks

Meatloaf works great in the Fluted Stone, and makes a nice presentation. Just like when baking a cake in the microwave, I took the meatloaf out once it started pulling away from the sides of the stone. Came out PERFECT!

I always use 93% ground beef, and this is a great way to show off the PC oils, as well, for oiling the sides of the stone.

I haven't tried this yet, myself, but I understand the Fluted Stone is also the best way to make 'baked' potatoes in the microwave (you stand them on end).

Sarah

KellyTheChef said:
That is one of my favorite stones....second only to the large bar pan!
You WILL sell these if you use it and talk about it!

BTW- Becky's recipe for chicken fajitas are OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! So moist, juicy, yummy and QUICK!!

Darn...I know I printed it out, but I can't find it...:cry:

This might be a dumb question, but I need to know how long to cook 2 chicken breast in the DCB in the microwave:confused:

Somebody had made this on here so THANK YOU!!

Attachments

• Deep Covered Baker Recipes.doc
    62 KB · Views: 486
any of the power cooking recipes will work, just do them as singles...

Cook ground beef in the lg. micro cooker, drain grease with cover still on. chop w/mix n chop. add onions and garlic (1 of each) cook another minute or 2...

add other ingredients.

You could do this in the DCB too! In the DCB you could even doubble for a larger family!

praephil said:
This might be a dumb question, but I need to know how long to cook 2 chicken breast in the DCB in the microwave:confused:

I made 2 breast in about 10 minutes in the microwave.

I am looking for more recipes for the DCB for the microwave...other than the ones on CC.

try going to Files then search recipes

I live in the Desert so using the microwave is way better than turning on the oven. One of my first purchases after I signed on was the DCB and I love it! I have been experimenting with recipes and using it almost daily! Also got the fluted cake pan at my grand opening and I have been making cakes every week.

Has anyone tried using something like the MorningStar crumbles instead of ground beef in the microwave recipes? I'm just wondering if the cook time is the same.

pampermejolene said:
Has anyone tried using something like the MorningStar crumbles instead of ground beef in the microwave recipes? I'm just wondering if the cook time is the same.

I haven't tried them - but the Morningstar or Boca crumbles are precooked, so you would have to adjust the cooking time.

I like to do a microwave cake in the stoneware bundt pan. You can do it in 12 minutes with three ingredients.

Spice cake mix, 15oz can of pumpkin and 3 eggs.
or use any cake mix and pie filling and three eggs the possibilites are unlimited.

The cake may appear not totally cooked when the 12 minutes are up but when you do a cake in the microwave, as the cake cools it sets up.

thebowman said:
try going to Files then search recipes

I did, I cannot find very much that is not already on CC.

1. Can I use any type of microwave for these recipes?

Yes, as long as your microwave is in good working condition and has the necessary power settings, you can use any type of microwave for these recipes.

2. How do I know if a recipe is suitable for the microwave?

Most recipes specifically state if they are meant for microwave cooking. You can also look for keywords such as "microwave-safe" or "microwave-friendly" in the recipe instructions.

3. Is it safe to use plastic containers in the microwave?

As long as the plastic container is labeled as microwave-safe, it is safe to use in the microwave. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and never use plastic containers that are not meant for microwave use.

4. Can I adjust the cooking time for microwave recipes?

Yes, you can adjust the cooking time based on the wattage of your microwave. Generally, a higher wattage microwave will require less cooking time, while a lower wattage microwave may need more time.

5. Are microwave recipes healthy?

Microwave recipes can be healthy if they use fresh, whole ingredients and are prepared in a balanced way. However, it is important to be mindful of added sugars and sodium in pre-made microwave meals. You can also modify recipes to make them healthier by using alternative ingredients or cooking methods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lescalvelage
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefannie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies