• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Microwave Meatloaf in the Dcb - How Long?

In summary, the author suggests that you should cook the meatloaf for 4-5 minutes in the microwave using a DCB, then check the temperature. She recommends using a recipe from cooks.com that says 13 minutes. She also suggests that you make the meatloaf meatballs last week and cook them in a smaller stone for lunches. Finally, she suggests that the recipe and results be shared with the reader.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Is there anyone out there who can help me?

I'm short of time and cooking my meatloaf in the microwave, using the DCB for the first time (for meatloaf that is). Does anyone know how long I should cook it for? It is my "normal" recipe (1 1/2lb beef, oatmeal, tom sauce etc) that I normally bake in a loaf pan, so it is not as deep as usual in the DCB...

TIA...

I'd do 4-5 minutes and check the temperature. Probably about 7 minutes max!I make meatloaf meatballs last week in a smaller stone for lunches and the recipe was done in 4 1/2 - 5 minutes.

Oh, and I just saw "not as deep". Definitely try 4-5 minutes then and check it!

Can I get your recipe later? I might try that with the kids. They haven't had meatloaf and I have homemade tomato sauce to use, meat and oatmeal available!

I've never made it personally but I saw a thread on here that said 25 minutes... you could use that as a starting point... or maybe check it sooner, just to be sure... HTH

oops, we posted at the same time, and the times are way different, I just said what someone else said, so don't listen to me! :blushing:

I'd be interested in the results. I know my meatball recipe I made was a microwave recipe and it said 5 minutes. Having it together would increase the time but hopefully not to the point of 25 minutes.Annie, we want the results AND the recipe now. :)

I'll get you the recipe in a moment - so far I'm at 11mins and still not done...

Thanks for the responses!

I lost - must be thicker.Sorry we couldn't give you an exact answer!

I just found a microwave recipe on cooks.com that says 13 minutes so you're probably getting close.

OK, here goes! I know everyone has a favourite meatloaf recipe, but I LOVE this one!

1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
3/4 cup oatmeal
1 cup tomato juice OR 1 8oz can tom sauce plus water to make it up to 1 cup
1/4 Tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp mustard
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce

Topping: 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 Tbs mustard (I like a little more), 1 Tbsp brown sugar (I leave it out and add a good splash of worcestershire sauce instead.

Bake in a loaf pan at 350F for 1 - 1 1/2 hrs. I usually do 1 1/2 to be on the safe side, but if you have a meat thermometer you could probably do it for less time...

I'll let you know how long it takes in the DCB in the microwave... I will probably try it in the DCB in the oven - should be quicker than in the loaf pan because it is a shallower layer.

Mine takes 20 minutes for a 2 pound meatloaf.

That looks good. I might try that this weekend! I should have all those ingredients at home and well, I can't go to the grocery store if I want to! ;)

I can not take the credit for this recipe, but got it off of here and it is wonderful and does not take hardly anytime at all. My family loves it and it is easy.

Hope this helps!

Magnificent Meatloaf (ready in 20 minutes)
Loaf
2 lbs ground beef
1 egg
¼ cup minced onion
1 clove garlic, pressed
2 ½ tsp salt
1 cup oatmeal, finely chopped
¼ cup ketchup
1 tsp mustard
Glaze
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup ketchup
1 ½ tsp mustard
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Mix loaf ingredients together. Press into the bottom of the baker. Make a slight indentation into the center so that the glaze will not pour off the edges. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes with out the glaze. Meanwhile stir all of the glaze ingredients together. Drain excess liquid from the baker, cover loaf with glaze, and microwave UNCOVERED for an additional 1o minutes.

OK, so in the end it took either 17 or 19 mins, I lost track at the end of how many extra "2 mins" I gave it, while getting the veggies ready...

I also let it stand for about 5-10mins with the lid on. I guess the problem with microwaving a meatloaf is that you can't stir it! But it does make it ALOT faster when you are in a hurry!

I checked my MIL's recipe that she always does in the microwave (I don't like her recipe though, at least not compared to mine!). ANyway, hers uses 2 lb of beef, in a 2 qt round casserole, and only cooks for 12-14mins, then lets it stand for 5-10mins covered. Of course you never know how different micrwaves cook things...

I guess one other thing is that I'm not sure how accurate my thermometer is, it is a very cheap one that changes colour when it gets to 160F. The funny thing is that although my meat was well cooked, the onions in the middle part were still a little on the crunchy side!

Janet, if you make it, let me know how long it takes you! (And whether you like the recipe :)).

It doesn't sound like a flop. I'm glad you were able to get the meatloaf done in a good time. I hope everyone enjoyed the meatloaf.

sounds yummy
I always substitute minute rice (not cooked) for the oatmeal....makes it so good. I haven't tried my recipe in the DCB but will be trying it over the weekend.
thanks for the ideas

I guess I forgot to add that it was very good! Everyone enjoyed it, and we all have (over)full tummy's :D.

It really was just as good as when I've cooked it in the oven. I do love that recipe :).

The main thing I like about doing it in the oven, is that then I tend to also use the oven for baking squash, potatoes or sweet potatoes, things that also need to be in for a long time, plus it gets in in the oven well before dinner, so there isn't a last minute rush. But as I said before, the microwave is GREAT for speeding it up when needed!

I finally got a chance to make this! I've had the recipe printed and sitting out for 2 weeks!I made a 1/2 recipe, baked it in the oven and in a mini oval baking dish. I reduced the time to 1 hour because I halved the recipe.It's good - yum!

Did you cook it with the lid on?

1. How long should I cook the microwave meatloaf in the DCB?

The recommended cooking time for the microwave meatloaf in the DCB is 10-12 minutes. However, the exact cooking time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. It is always best to check the internal temperature of the meatloaf with a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached 160°F (71°C).

2. Can I use frozen ground beef for the microwave meatloaf in the DCB?

Yes, you can use frozen ground beef for the microwave meatloaf in the DCB. However, it is recommended to thaw the ground beef first before cooking it in the microwave to ensure even cooking. You can thaw the ground beef in the refrigerator overnight or use the defrost setting on your microwave.

3. Do I need to cover the DCB while cooking the microwave meatloaf?

No, you do not need to cover the DCB while cooking the microwave meatloaf. The DCB is designed to be used without a lid, allowing the heat to circulate evenly for optimal cooking.

4. Can I add vegetables to the microwave meatloaf in the DCB?

Yes, you can add vegetables to the microwave meatloaf in the DCB. Chopped onions, carrots, and bell peppers are popular choices to add flavor and texture to the meatloaf. Just make sure to chop the vegetables finely and mix them into the meatloaf mixture before cooking.

5. How do I know when the microwave meatloaf in the DCB is done?

The best way to determine if the microwave meatloaf in the DCB is done is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 160°F (71°C). Another way to check is by inserting a knife into the center of the meatloaf. If it comes out clean, without any pink or raw meat, then it is done cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckrissy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pckrissy
  • Chef Endora
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefLisa
  • chee65