• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Solving the Mystery of the Overflowing Cake

In summary, to prevent your cake from overflowing while baking, make sure to not overfill the pan with batter and leave at least 1-2 inches of space between the batter and the top of the pan. You can also use a baking sheet to catch any overflow. Cakes can overflow due to too much batter, high baking temperature, or using a small pan. To save an overflowing cake, you can cover it with aluminum foil and adjust the baking time. Different pan sizes and materials can affect the baking time and result in an overflowing cake. To determine if a cake is done baking, insert a toothpick or cake tester into the center - if it comes out clean or if the top of the cake springs back when gently pressed,
lauriedip
help!
i finally tried this tonite and used the recipe on file but my cake overflowed all over the microwave, what did i do wrong?

Did you make it in the DCB or the Rice cooker?

I had this problem before too. I have made it at least 20 times using the rice cooker.And only once did I have it overflow. My director said it has to do with the watts of the microwave.

the recipe on here said to use the fluted stoneware and that is what i used. i don't have the rice cooker

Did you maybe use too much frosting? I think that the way I've heard you only use about half of the can of frosting... Just a thought.

Just made a chocolate cake in the micro at my show this week.
Everyone gave the oohhhss and aahhhhss and LOVED IT!!

Devils Food cake-mix as directed
1 can chocolate frosting-either dark chocolate, which I couldn't find so I used milk chocolate

Put cake batter in Stoneware Fluted Pan. Scoop (with medium size scoop) 5scoops of frosting on top of the cake batter.
Put in micro for 11 minutes. Let sit and cool for 5-10 minutes..
Flip onto Large Round SA platter.
Hint: Try and cool for 10 min..because everyone got anxious and couldn't wait any longer and when we flipped cake out it just cracked a bit..but it was still yummy!

The cake will ooooze with frosting and everyone will LOVE it!!
Good luck!

I made this last weekend for the first time in the DCB. It was super yummy but very ugly. I didn't try flip it out...do you think that would work and look acceptable?

1. How can I prevent my cake from overflowing while baking?

To prevent your cake from overflowing, make sure to not overfill the pan with batter. Leave at least 1-2 inches of space between the top of the batter and the top of the pan. You can also place a baking sheet on the rack below the cake pan to catch any potential overflow.

2. Why does my cake overflow in the first place?

Cakes can overflow due to a few reasons, including too much batter in the pan, baking at too high of a temperature, or using a pan that is too small. It's important to follow the recipe's instructions and use the correct pan size for the best results.

3. Can I still save an overflowing cake?

Yes, if your cake has already started to overflow, you can try placing a sheet of aluminum foil over the top to contain the overflow and continue baking. You may need to adjust the baking time to account for the foil blocking some of the heat.

4. Can I use any type of pan for baking cakes?

While you can use different types of pans for baking cakes, it's important to pay attention to the recipe's instructions for the best results. Different pan sizes and materials can affect the baking time and result in an overflowing cake.

5. How can I tell if my cake is done baking?

The best way to tell if a cake is done baking is to insert a toothpick or cake tester into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, without any batter or crumbs, then the cake is done. You can also gently press on the top of the cake - if it springs back, it's likely done baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • ms_twana
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies