• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Amazing Stoneware for Making Breakfast Sandwiches & Omelettes!

In summary, the conversation discussed the benefits of using a piece of stoneware for cooking various types of eggs, including poached, fried, and scrambled. The participants also shared their own experiences and ideas for using the stoneware for other dishes, such as breakfast sandwiches and turkey sausage. Some expressed excitement about the potential for cooking bacon and other foods in the stoneware. Others mentioned using the Mix & Chop tool for breaking up ingredients in the stoneware, while another participant was looking for alternative uses for the stoneware since they do not eat eggs.
pkd09
Silver Member
For those who just left Spring Launch and have not had a chance to use this piece of stoneware....let me just say you are going to LOVE IT! I have been "playing" with mine for a week now.

Breakfast sandwiches....awesome!
Omeletes....awesome!

Made a poached egg for the first time in my life....perfect!

Fried eggs in a piece of stoneware? Did it!

We had a PC Meeting last Monday after launch and were already discussing all the different uses for it.

Did the use & care provide directions on how to cook poached eggs?

The Use and Care shows the directions on all the different eggs including poached.

I'm quite excited about this! We have chickens, so do a lot of eggs, and I love the ability to throw together a quick breakfast on a weekday.

My daughter has been making her own breakfast every day this week! She normally just has a bowl of cereal because it's quick, so she's been loving this. I like that I don't have to worry about her using the stove. I've used it a bunch for making breakfast sandwiches. I toast a bagel and while that's going I make my egg w/ some cheddar cheese sprinkled on top and it's perfect! Yummy breakfast that keeps me satisfied till lunch. :)

On a side note, I have to laugh at the shape of this piece of stoneware. My husband thinks it looks like a cat food & water bowl. A little embarrassed to admit, but I think it's like a stoneware bra. lol

babywings76 said:
Yummy breakfast that keeps me satisfied till lunch. :)

YES. I was saying to my mom today that when I was being really successful with my weight loss, I was having an egg on toast every morning. I really think having some protein with breakfast was key for me.

babywings76 said:
On a side note, I have to laugh at the shape of this piece of stoneware. My husband thinks it looks like a cat food & water bowl. A little embarrassed to admit, but I think it's like a stoneware bra. lol

My first thought was dog dish, second thought was bra.

Yup, it's a coconut bra. Just add a grass skirt. I did say OMG to myself the first time I used it to make scrambled eggs. I remember as a kid back in the late 70s we got our first microwave and were so excited to make a scrambled egg in a styrofoam cup. It tasted like the styrofoam cup. My son is Mr. Picky but has recently added scrambled eggs to his list of acceptable dinners. It's nice to just throw his eggs in the micro to cook while getting the rest of our dinners together. He would easily complain about taste or texture but he ate the whole thing. My breakfast that I've been doing in the small saute is some turkey sausage, cooked for a few minutes til done, break it up, add some egg whites, cook til done. About 5 minutes for more total. I divided the 2oz. of turkey sausage among the 2 wells of the egg cooker, micro for 45-60 seconds, drain the water, break it up (better to try breaking it up before cooking since the fork makes marks on the egg cooker), add the egg whites, micro another 1min. 30 sec. and done. People have been so excited about bacon in the bar pan. I see this one going over well, too. My daughter likes the Jimmy Dean frozen breakfast sandwiches as a snack. They're expensive and full of sodium and fat. I'll have to see if there are frozen biscuits she can use and then she could cook all the rest of the parts in the micro as well.

Becca_in_MD said:
I divided the 2oz. of turkey sausage among the 2 wells of the egg cooker, micro for 45-60 seconds, drain the water, break it up (better to try breaking it up before cooking since the fork makes marks on the egg cooker), add the egg whites, micro another 1min. 30 sec. and done.

Use the Mix & Chop!

I could use the mix n chop but then I would have to clean it :) Also, I'm not sure it would work too well since it's a small amount of sausage and the cooker is curved so the mix n chop wouldn't go flush against the bottom.

Has anyone found any other uses for this? I don't like or eat EGGS! Please help me think of something else to cook in this.

I don't use a microwave at all at home & both of my children are allergic to eggs. I'd also be interested in other options for use! :D

chefhat said:
Has anyone found any other uses for this? I don't like or eat EGGS! Please help me think of something else to cook in this.

chocolate cake so you can make homemade Suzy Q's!

Becca_in_MD said:
Yup, it's a coconut bra. Just add a grass skirt. I did say OMG to myself the first time I used it to make scrambled eggs. I remember as a kid back in the late 70s we got our first microwave and were so excited to make a scrambled egg in a styrofoam cup. It tasted like the styrofoam cup.

My son is Mr. Picky but has recently added scrambled eggs to his list of acceptable dinners. It's nice to just throw his eggs in the micro to cook while getting the rest of our dinners together. He would easily complain about taste or texture but he ate the whole thing. My breakfast that I've been doing in the small saute is some turkey sausage, cooked for a few minutes til done, break it up, add some egg whites, cook til done. About 5 minutes for more total. I divided the 2oz. of turkey sausage among the 2 wells of the egg cooker, micro for 45-60 seconds, drain the water, break it up (better to try breaking it up before cooking since the fork makes marks on the egg cooker), add the egg whites, micro another 1min. 30 sec. and done.

People have been so excited about bacon in the bar pan. I see this one going over well, too. My daughter likes the Jimmy Dean frozen breakfast sandwiches as a snack. They're expensive and full of sodium and fat. I'll have to see if there are frozen biscuits she can use and then she could cook all the rest of the parts in the micro as well.

just make Bisquick biscuits on a sunday and freeze em. take a few out and defrost when needed :chef::chef:

google microwave mug cooking... You can make single serving cakes, brownies etc... I am thinking they would work in this as well. (quite a few on Pinterest)

At our meeting we were also mentioning reheating of two different foods (great for leftovers), individual cakes/pies, pot pies for two, wonder how a cookies or brownie bowl would turn out....then add ice cream to it?

I loved it until I tried to poach an egg :( I poked the yoke twice with a fork, but the whole egg exploded in my microwave; what a mess!!! Obviously more poking is needed!!!!

I found adding more water helps to prevent exploding "fried" and poached eggs

Do you have to have something in both sides when you use it to prevent any thermal shock?

Nope, it says to leave one side empty.

I made the 1 Minute Cake in it and it turned out well. And, at launch, our whole group looked at it at first and thought of a bra! So did guests at a show I did yesterday!

When you guys have done your 'fried' eggs in the cooker, do the yolks stay 'dippy' (as my girls like to say)? Mine have all cooked hard and I'm wondering if it's because I forgot to put the paper towel over them.

I made dippy eggs (we call them that at our house) yesterday for both my husband and daughter. When I made my husband's eggs, the whites were a little too runny (but he didn't mind since he had toast - I would have gagged) at 55 seconds in my microwave. When I made my daughter's eggs, I did them for 63 seconds; no complaints, she liked them (and, at 16, she complains when she doesn't like something!). I didn't put a paper towel over them; didn't realize you were supposed to. Her yolk was a bit cooked, but not too much. I think it's definitely an item you need to play with to get the time right for your microwave.

Great pics Deb!

Has anybody else watched while these cook in the microwave? I happened to be standing next to mine watching pancakes on the stove at the same time and it's fun - they expand kind of like marshmallows do and come up out of the pan then go back down when finished. Pretty cool to watch! (Yes, I'm easily entertained!)

Wonder how pastry dough would cook in the micro? Thinking empanadas, calzones, those type foods. Will experiment tomorrow and get back with results.

pjpamchef said:
I loved it until I tried to poach an egg :( I poked the yoke twice with a fork, but the whole egg exploded in my microwave; what a mess!!! Obviously more poking is needed!!!!

We had this problem too. The first time i used the egg cooker I made poached aggs. Followed instructions and came out perfect. I made 1 egg in egg well. Then I made a fried egg on one side, it came out perfect. Then the next day my husband tried to poach an egg and also followed the instructions and it blew up in microwave. He tried 1 egg on 1 side. I then tried and it also blew up. I am not sure why this is happening. I thought maybe because we were only using one side... I have used the egg cooker since and made a eggs for a sandwhich. Came out perfect...

I'm not sure if I'll be buying this item or not--you all say the eggs come out well, but do you prefer them in the microwave to saute pan cooking?

LOVE this! I don't like eggs much but we made breakfast for supper tonight (a big fav in our house!) so I tried them and I really liked them! Looking forward to seeing more uses for it!

yes, for a couple reasons. First is I prefer my elementary age children using the microwave vs the stovetop. Second, we have been making scrambled eggs for quite some time in the 2 cup prep bowls, using 2 eggs a splash of milk, plus tear up a piece of string cheese. Making the same recipe in the egg cooker yields more tender eggs and clean-up is 100% easier. The egg always stuck to the glass. I think there are a lot of people who want to eat protein in the morning, and this is a quick and easy answer for them!

pjpamchef said:

Did you wrap it with a paper towel before cooking like the use and care suggest?

I love it especially for scrambled eggs. Tried "omlettes" yesterday, amazing!! I forgot to add a bit of water to the eggs so the eggs stuck a tiny bit, but otherwise it was great. My one time I tried poached eggs, it exploded. I have not tried it with more water which I think may have helped.Before this, I preferred my scrambled eggs on the stove because they were softer and fluffier. Now, the eggs come out soft and fluffly. I like being able to toss it in the microwave and walk away (a benefit when getting someone ready for school in the morning) instead of having to tend a pan on the stove. Both are easy, but the microwave is easier IMO.

I work FT in an office with 4 guys and for their birthdays I always bring something to eat for everyone to share (breakfast or lunch). Tuesday we are having breakfast omeletes in the egg cooker. Since we don't have a stove this is perfect! I can pre-prepare sausage, green peppers, onion, grated cheese and even have the eggs whisked in a batter bowl. Can't get any easier than this for sure.

ivykeep said:
Did you wrap it with a paper towel before cooking like the use and care suggest?

LOL!!! What?! read the use and care instructions?? That would just be plain dumb;) I did think I had listened carefully enough at launch to use it.....obviously it would be prudent to wrap it in a paper towel. I have heard from others that like me, the first set of poached eggs went ok, but the second set (we have a family of four) exploded. Coincidence???

I read on a Dirctor loop , an apple crisp add 1 cut up apple and packet of instant oatmeal , I plan to try that ,

Ive tried all the different types of eggs..only one i can't get to work is the poached egg..it explodes every time. The one that works the best for me is the mixing of 2 eggs in a bowl with some milk, salt and pepper..whisk together and divide evenly between 2 wells. took about 1 min 45 seconds in my powerful microwave. comes out like the breakfast sandwich egg every time...kids and hubby have been using it everyday...great for the office

Done the egg thing with it now I'm going to try to make a chocolate bowl - coat with liquid choclate and roll around to coat, cool and I'm not sure how I'm going to pop it out yet - I'll let you know how it works. If result is positive Im going to use it for easter time. Or maybe even summer sundaes. Of course it might be a total flop too.

If you let it cool down completely to room temp, to avoid thermal shock, then pop it in the freezer for 10, the chocolate cups might just fall out from shrinkage!

I tried my egg cooker today for fried eggs. They were pretty good. Did we figure out if you can do just one egg and leave a well empty? I skimmed the use and care but might have missed it. I think this is going to sell but I don't know if I will use it that often. I still like my pan and I was a little disappointed to see that the cooking times don't work out to do different times of eggs. I would like to do scrambled for the baby and fried for me but I can fudge that much easier in a pan by just breaking the yolk for the scrambled egg and still make them at the same time. The paper towel is definitely necessary because my eggs were popping and would have made a mess without it.

I cannot for the life of me get this thing to work for "fried" eggs. The whites are still raw while the yolks are hard. I've tried lowering the power, but it still doesn't work. Any tricks?

Tracy99 said:
I tried my egg cooker today for fried eggs. They were pretty good. Did we figure out if you can do just one egg and leave a well empty?

The paper towel is definitely necessary because my eggs were popping and would have made a mess without it.

I made a single egg for myself yesterday. Melted a touch of butter in the one side. Used the silicone brush to spread it around. Then added one egg that I had whisked in a prep bowl along with some salt and pepper, some cooked bacon, a little less than 1 TB of water and cooked it for 1 1/2 minutes. Came out absolutely perfect! And yes, I covered it with a paper towel. My husband made his own eggs, one on each side for open face sandwiches. Definitely a keeper. (both the husband and the stone):love:

I shared the post from Pampered Chef's FB page to my own page with my comment about how much I loved it and made fried eggs in less than a minute and got orders for 12 of these within 2 hours!

@ Cynthia C, the use and care stipulates that you can use one side empty if desired. I cooked myself one egg, hubby didn't want anything, and turned out great. On another Note, I use the "boil over no more" on top instead of paper towels. It's easier to stay on, and no waste of paper towels:)

OMG, Babywings! i thought the same thing!! Teeheehee!

Possible Use: Has anyone tried to use this to make "muffin tops" in the regular oven? It reminds me of a muffin top pan.. the best part of any muffin!

dump 1 box of any flavor cake mix into storage container ( I choose 2 qt batter bowl) and then dump 1 box of angel food cake mix into the bowl. Store for later use. When you want a single cake mix 1/3 cup of the dry mix in a bowl with 3 TBSP of water. whisk together and pour into 1 well of egg maker. Cook 1 minute on high in microwave..top with fresh fruit or pie filling and cool whip!!! If you want to make 2 at a time it takes about 1 minute 45 seconds.

kreaser said:
dump 1 box of any flavor cake mix into storage container ( I choose 2 qt batter bowl) and then dump 1 box of angel food cake mix into the bowl. Store for later use. When you want a single cake mix 1/3 cup of the dry mix in a bowl with 3 TBSP of water. whisk together and pour into 1 well of egg maker. Cook 1 minute on high in microwave..top with fresh fruit or pie filling and cool whip!!! If you want to make 2 at a time it takes about 1 minute 45 seconds.
Do you have to "grease" the egg cooker?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
beepampered
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc