1. Want to buy your holiday gifts AND support Chef Success seamlessly in the process? If you click a merchant link like amazon or ebay on Chef Success, Chef Success in turn receives 7% of that purchase. Click here for the merchant list. It's easy!

Microwave Chip Maker

Discussion in 'Products and Tips' started by Sheila, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Sheila

Sheila Gold Member

I got this in e-mail from my upline today:

2. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Gold Member

3. Sheila

Sheila Gold Member

That doesn't even sound good. :yuck:

4. nancycookspc

nancycookspc Gold Member

Hmmm- makes me wonder-

At conference I know the test kitchen lady said they did corn tortilla and they came out very good-

I did plantain chips they were great- It had to be the unripe side vs ripe
    ( tried it today but the plantain was too ripe and it did not work well

5. Shawnna

Shawnna Gold Member

Pooh...I was hoping to be able to make banana chips...

6. Just used my chip maker...I love it. Plan to uses it at my next show. My next trial I plan to use tortilla's and make chips for my dips. I just love my pampered chef toys...

7. lovecookn

lovecookn Gold Member

I have done the russet chips in my microwave and for a host. For a double tray we did 8 min as per the current use and care. Came out great. If I cut the time to 3 min...they won't even be close to being done! I don't understand the change in the cook time.

8. byrd1956

byrd1956 Gold Member

must have something to do with all the differences in microwaves...

9. Mine cooked in 3 1/2 minutes. It depends on the wattage of your microwave.

10. Thank you so much for sharing this!!! It came in really handy today!!!:sing:

11. gailz2

gailz2 Gold Member

I had a guest try the Simple Slicer at a show yesterday, and saw that it was as easy as I said. Then the host threw the thin slices onto the LBP in the oven for a few minutes--they were fabulous!! Nothing on them. Sold 2 more Simple Slicers. I'm not a big fan of the Chip Makers for the microwave.

12. JennyJennJen

JennyJennJen Gold Member

Just last week I pulled the product guide from CC and the top said just potatoes, apples and yucca...but then the bottom gave instructions for pita nad tortilla chips...weird!

13. byrd1956

byrd1956 Gold Member

ok, brain freeze....LBP?

14. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Gold Member

Large Bar Pan?

15. byrd1956

byrd1956 Gold Member

ha! ha! boy am I tired!

16. byrd1956

byrd1956 Gold Member

Has anyone done apples on the chip maker? If so, please share the experience.

17. DebPC

DebPC CS Leader Staff Member

I haven't tried them on a stone. But I've done them in the microwave.Yes! They come out as a dried apple- not crunchy. Very yummy! You don't peel or core the apple- isn't necessary because they're so thin. Extra nutrition! Becaue of the sugar though, i watch mine, because if they're in there too long- they start to burn.

Anyone done apples on a stone in the oven?

18. DebPC

Has anyone done beet chips in the micro or in the oven?

19. byrd1956

byrd1956 Gold Member

Deb, are you saying yes to doing apples on the microwave chip maker in the microwave?

20. DebPC

Oh yes! In the use and care instructions- it's approved for potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples and yuccas.
    The apple sweetness gets concentrated and they're really good- just not crispy.

21. byrd1956

byrd1956 Gold Member

I just found this link about apple chips. My only concern for this person is the link they have to the chip maker.
    Apple Chips | All Things Moms

22. If you use the Simple Slicer for potatoes, which is the best setting for making microwave chips?

23. DebPC

#1- it's the thinnest.

24. Thanks so much, Deb!!

25. DebPC

Also with apples- you don't have to peel or core them. The slices are so thin- it's a non-issue.