• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave Cake in Fluted Pan: Recipe Reminiscing

...you desire a more elaborate presentation, you can garnish the cake with whipped topping and fresh Strawberry fans.
finley1991
Since I never wrote this down I'm trying to remember from memory...

for the microwave cake in the Fluted Pan, is it

1 box cake mix
2 cups sour cream
3 eggs?

And 14 minutes on HIGH? Let sit for 10 minutes, then flip?

Thanks for any help!!!!

STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE MICROWAVE CAKE

1 strawberry cake mix
1 tsp. strawberry extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 (3 oz. box) cheesecake pudding mix
16 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
Garnish: whipped topping or powdered sugar and fresh Strawberry fans.
Five Simple steps to success:
1. Spray your pan lightly and dust with flour (works best with Baker’s Joy).
2. Whisk eggs and pudding mix together in Classic Batter Bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients, blending well with Mix N’ Scraper.
4. Drop batter into Fluted pan and microwave on high 12-14 minutes. (Watch your cake after 10 minutes if you microwave runs hot.) Works best if your have a turntable in your microwave. (You can also bake it in the oven at 325° for 60-70 minutes.)
5. Invert cakes immediately, but leave pan over the cake for 10 minutes. Cool. Garnish (Flour Sugar Shaker filled with powdered sugar, tuck some mint leaves at the bottom, make strawberry fans with your Egg Slicer Plus and put those between the mint leaves!) as desired.

Variation: Lemon Cake Mix, 1/8 c. lemon juice plus oil to make ½ cup, lemon pudding mix, 16 oz. Sour cream, 3 eggs. Sooooo good! Top with glaze made with lemon juice and powdered sugar.
TIPS/HOW TO PROMOTE HELP WHIP CANCER:

I take this cake to my HWC shows as a bonus for the hostess. I know it's cooked right because I do it in MY microwave. But the time I get to the hostess' house, the cake is cooled. This is not a PC recipe, I got it from someone else on one of this loops.

So I do my intro...etc...talk about HWC and pull out the cake...and it goes something like this: "This is my HWC cake...no it won't prevent cancer, but while you're eating it, please keep in mind that if you haven't had your yearly mammogram...go get it. So anytime in the next few weeks when you remember this yummy cake...I hope it remind you to go make your appt. now."

1) Then I pull out my powdered sugar filled Flour Sugar Shaker (talk about how great this is for powdered sugar, but we also have one filled with cinnamon sugar for cinnamon sugar toast.
2) Then it's time for the fresh strawberries (I do about 6...more if you want)...pull out the Egg Slicer Plus and make strawberry fans...put them at the base of the cake.
3) Lastly, I get out my washed fresh mint leaves and Kitchen Shears. Snip off a few to lace in between the strawberry fans....it ends up looking pretty darn good!...If you really want to get fancy...use your EAD filled with Cool Whip or a cream cheese mixture...pipe it at the base before you put the strawberry fans and mint leaves...

I start wearing my pink apron NOW and start talking about this cake bonus in March and April to get more bookings...Good luck ladies!

DON'T FORGET...you can use this recipe in February too, for Valentine's Day!
Good luck!
Ginny Syphax
Elk Grove, CA

Here's a booklet I have with a bunch of the fluted pan cakes.

Attachments

• Fluted Pan Booklet - Ann.doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 716
Thanks ladies! Very helpful.I think what I was looking for was the 1-2-3 cake and making sure I had it right with the 1 cake mix, 2 cups sour cream and 3 eggs.... and we can use any kind of cake mix and it will work.Sound familiar to anyone?

can't find anything yet, I even looked in the msn welovepamperedcheftoo group as well... all i found for fluted cakes with sour cream is the

Strawberry Cheese Cake Microwave Cake - which was already posted.

1 strawberry cake mix
16 oz. sour cream
1 tsp. strawberry extract
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
3 eggs
1 (3 oz. box) cheesecake pudding mix

Garnish: whipped topping and fresh Strawberry fans.

Spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with non-stick cooking spray and dust with flour. (Baker's Joy works best; use your Pastry Brush to brush spray evenly over entire pan).

Whisk eggs and pudding mix together in Classic Batter Bowl using Stainless Steel Whisk.

Add remaining ingredients, blending well with Mix 'N Scraper.

Drop batter into prepared Fluted pan and microwave on HIGH 12-14 minutes. (Watch your cake after 10 minutes, each microwave will run a bit differently). This recipe works best in a microwave with a turntable built in. If you do not have a turntable, rotate cake every 3-4 minutes.

Invert cake on serving platter on Stackable Cooling Rack immediately after taking it out of the microwave, but leave pan over the cake for 10 minutes.

Take pan off cake and let cool completely.

Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker, if desired.

you had it Colleen.

:)

1-2-3-Cake!

1 cup chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
2 cups sour cream
3 eggs
1 chocolate cake mix

Mix just these 4 ingredients together well in 2-Quart Batter Bowl using Bamboo Spoon. Grease and flour inside of Stoneware Fluted Pan.
Put mixed ingredients into the prepared pan and Microwave at high for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and invert onto a plate. Allow cake to cool for a few minutes before removing from Stoneware Pan. You can put whipped cream or drizzled chocolate sauce on it, or sprinkle with powdered sugar and add cherry pie filling in the center. Or you may drizzle with slightly warmed canned ready-to-spread frosting.

10-12 Minute Cake (from Kitchen SHOW DEMO!)

1 Box Cake Mix (any flavor)
Can Prepared Frosting of any type – just not whipped – makes it too light to sink to bottom!

Mix cake according to box directions. Pour into fluted pan treated with Pan-eze or Baker's Joy or brushed with oil. Dollop frosting on top of the cake mix - no more than ½ the can. Bake on HIGH in the microwave for 10 minutes. Check for doneness. If not done, cook for one additional minute and again check for doneness. Repeat the one-minute procedure until done. Let the cake sit in the pan for about 10- 20 minutes to cool. Then flip the cake out. The icing went to the bottom of the pan during baking and will now drip down the sides of the cake!

12 minute cakes!!

Just follow these simple steps:

1. Brush your pan with vegetable oil using a pastry brush
2. Mix eggs and pie filling in Batter Bowl (a whisk works for most)
3. Add cake mix and blend well with Mix 'N Scraper.
4. Pour batter into pan and microwave on HIGH for 12-13 minutes
5. Let cool 10 minutes, shake cake from sides of pan and invert on platter
If you do not have a Carousel, rotate 1/4 turn every 3 minutes. Check with cake tester and if not done, then cook 1 minute more each time before testing again. Garnish with icing, whipped topping, more pie filling, nuts, etc. The best results are found with cake mixes containing puddings or the new moist cakes.

Apple Cinnamon Spice Cake:

1 spice cake mix
1 can applesauce or apple pie filling
3 eggs
Drizzle with caramel. Top with ice cream or whipped topping.

Banana, Banana Cake:

1 Banana cake mix
1 can banana cream pie filling or 14 oz. mashed bananas
3 eggs

Glaze with powdered sugar glaze and chopped walnuts or pecans.

Caramel & Apple Cake:

1 caramel or butter pecan cake mix
1 can apple pie filling
3 eggs
Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.

Cherry Chocolate Cake:

1 chocolate cake mix
1 can cherry pie filling
3 eggs
Top with fudge frosting, whipped topping, grated chocolate or cherry pie filling.

Fantastic, Quick Chocolate Cake:

1 chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
16 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Sprinkle with powdered sugar (for a really final touch, fill center hole of cake with strawberries!).

Luscious Lemon Cake:

1 lemon or white cake mix
1 can lemon pie filling
3 eggs
Top with a lemon glaze and whipped topping.

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

1 Pineapple cake mix
1 cube butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 med. can crushed pineapple
16 oz. sour cream
3 eggs

Heat butter, brown sugar and crushed pineapples in saucepan until dissolved. Mix cake mix with eggs and sour cream. Pour tepid mixture from saucepan into fluted pan and spoon cake mixture on top, then microwave on HIGH for 13 minutes. Place on cooling rack, let rest 10-15 minutes, then remove from pan to servings platter and serve.

Pumpkin Caramel Cake:

1 spice cake mix
1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin (not pie mix)
3 eggs
1/2 tsp. cinnamon, optional
Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping and top with cool whip! Optional - sprinkle cinnamon sugar.

Raging Red Raspberry Cake:

1 white or chocolate cake mix
1 can raspberry pie filling
3 eggs
Top with whipped topping & grated chocolate and nuts.

"Dump" Cake

1 pkg of your favorite dry cake mix
1 can of your favorite pie filling
(Example: Lemon cake/Blueberry filling, Spice Cake & Apple Filling,
Chocolate cake & Cherry Filling 3 eggs

Mix ingredients together and bake in greased and floured Fluted Stoneware Pan in microwave for 12-14 minutes on high. Top will look moist but will continue to cook after removing from microwave. Let cool for a few minutes; invert onto platter and drizzle with glaze; sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with thawed whipped topping &/or ice cream!

Killer Chocolate Cake

1 box chocolate cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding
1/3 cup Kahlua
1 pint sour cream

Mix all, pour into well greased Fluted Stoneware Pan. Microwave 16-18 minutes turning after 8-9 minutes if not a turntable in microwave. Invert onto serving plate and remove pan after 10 minutes. Cool completely. Sprinkle
with powdered sugar.

Mexican Chocolate Cake

1/4 cup almonds, chopped
3 eggs
1 16 oz. container sour cream
1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) devil's food cake mix
6 oz. miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
2 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon, divided
1 tablespoons sugar
1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed

1. Lightly spray Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer, or brush with vegetable oil using Pastry Brush.
2. Chop almonds using Food Chopper; set aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream using Stainless Steel Whisk until smooth. Add cake mix, almonds, half of the chocolate morsels and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Cinnamon; mix until smooth using Mix 'N Scraper. Spoon batter into Pan and spread evenly.
3. Microwave cake on HIGH 11-14 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top near center). Remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of Pan; invert onto serving plate. Cool 20 minutes.
4. Combine sugar and remaining Cinnamon in Flour/Sugar Shaker; sprinkle over cake. Place remaining chocolate and half of the whipped topping in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 15-30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth using Skinny Scraper. Drizzle glaze over cake. Garnish cake with remaining whipped topping using Easy Accent Decorator. Note: Check cake for doneness after 11 minutes, and continue checking at 1-minute intervals until cake tests clean in the center.

Microwave 4-ingredient Elegant Cake

1 box chocolate cake mix
16 oz sour cream (can use fat free)
3 eggs
1 C chocolate chips (or less)

Mix all well and pour into well spritzed/floured Fluted Stone. Microwave 13 minutes on high. Cool 10 minutes, invert and remove from stone. Fill centers with sliced strawberries; drizzle hot fudge sauce over it. It’s very elegant and pretty. Can also dust with powdered sugar. Great for bridal showers!

Options:

1) Use a yellow or white cake mix, add ½ c. grated carrots instead of chocolate. Top with a powdered sugar glaze.
2) Yellow cake mix, one can peach pie filling and 3 eggs. Bake at 350 for 45 - 50 minutes.
3) Lemon cake mix with sour cream and 3 eggs.

Another Create a Cake

1 box cake mix
1 can pie filling
3 eggs

Mix ingredients and put in Stoneware Fluted pan. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. This can also be microwaved for 16 minutes, turning after 8 minutes if you don't have a turntable in your microwave. Let cool in pan 10 minutes and then invert onto serving plate. Can be topped with cool whip, frosting, or dusted with powdered sugar.

Some possible combinations:

Spice Cake and Apple pie filling; Lemon Cake and Lemon pie filling; White
Cake and Cherry pie filling; Chocolate Cake and Cherry pie filling; Spice
Cake and Solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)

Quick Apple Surprise Spice Cake

1 18.25 oz. Spice Cake Mix
1 cup plain apple sauce
2 Granny Smith Apples
3 eggs, lightly beaten
sliced almonds, optional
Powered sugar, optional
Whipped Topping, optional

Brush Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using a pastry brush. If desired, sprinkle almonds in pan. Use A/P/C/S to peel, core, and slice apples. Cut apple slices into small chunks using Self-Sharpening Paring Knife or Apple Wedger (quicker). In Classic 2-Qt. Batter Bowl, combine eggs and apple sauce using 10" Whisk; whisk until smooth. Add cake mix and apple pieces; mix with Mix 'N Scraper until thoroughly blended, about 1 minute.

Pour batter into pan, spreading evenly. Microwave on HIGH 14 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted near center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top near center.) Let stand in microwave 10 minutes. If necessary, loosen cake from sides of pan using Skinny Scraper; invert onto serving plate. Let cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker, if desired. Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings.
May be served with whipped topping served from Easy Accent Decorator.

Quick Chocolate Cherry Cake

3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
1 pkg. (18.25 oz) chocolate cake mix
Powdered Sugar (Optional)

Brush Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using Pastry Brush. In Classic 2-Qt. Batter Bowl, combine eggs and oil using 10" Whisk; whisk until smooth. Add pie filling and cake mix; mix with Mix 'N Scraper until thoroughly blended, about 1 minute. Pour batter into pan, spreading evenly.
Microwave on HIGH 14 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted near center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top near center.) Let stand in microwave 10 minutes. If necessary, loosen cake from sides of pan using Skinny Scraper; invert onto serving plate. Let cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker, if desired.

i love the apple spice cake for quick 2nd recipe @ brunch shows, yum !!

finley1991 said:
Since I never wrote this down I'm trying to remember from memory...

for the microwave cake in the Fluted Pan, is it

1 box cake mix
2 cups sour cream
3 eggs?

And 14 minutes on HIGH? Let sit for 10 minutes, then flip?

Thanks for any help!!!!
It depends on your microwave.....mine is pretty high-power and I nuke them for 11 mins at 80% power.....I usually wind-up tossing them tough b/c I'm a cake snob and I don't like the texture of the micro-cakes. I do like the peanutty chocloate micro cake though (I think this is from Carolyn) and it is very good....I step down from my cake snob podium and make this one from time to time....very good!

Peanutty Chocolate Cake
This decadent cake is a cinch to assemble and bakes up in a flash in the microwave oven.

1 package (18.25 ounces) devil’s food cake mix
1 container (16 ounces, 2 cups) sour cream
3 eggs
8 Reeses peanut butter cup candies (regular size, not miniatures)
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped

1. Lightly spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer or brush with vegetable oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and eggs; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add cake mix to sour cream mixture; mix until smooth using Mix 'N Scraper. Using Large Scoop, place 12 scoops of batter into bottom of pan; spread evenly. Arrange peanut butter cup candies in a circular pattern over batter. Top with remaining cake batter, spreading evenly.

3. Microwave cake on HIGH 11-14 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted near center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top.) Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan. Carefully invert cake onto serving platter.

4. Place peanut butter in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth using Skinny Scraper. Pour peanut butter evenly over top of cake, allowing it to drip down sides.

5. Place chocolate morsels and oil in same micro-cooker. Microwave on HIGH 20-40 seconds or until melted and smooth. Drizzle chocolate evenly over peanut butter topping. Coarsely chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over top of cake.

Yield: 12 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 500 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook’s Tips: To easily drizzle chocolate, place a small resealable plastic food storage bag inside Measure-All® Cup. Pour melted chocolate into corner of bag. Twist top of bag; secure with Twixit! Clip. Using Kitchen Shears, cut a small tip off corner of bag to allow the chocolate to flow through.

To bake in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.

If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate cake after 6 minutes of cooking.

Thanks everyone! :)

Does anyone have ideas for healthy substitution for oil and the proportion to use for the cake recipes that call for oil?
Thanks in advance!:)

kitchenfun2day said:
Does anyone have ideas for healthy substitution for oil and the proportion to use for the cake recipes that call for oil?

I believe you can substitute applesauce for oil in equal measurements. It gives a slight difference in texture but not bad.

un-sweetend applesauce , isn't it ? same amount I believe.

thank you for the recipes will be making packet for my team.

I think I need a fluted pan!I make the microwave rice cooker cakes all the time at parties and they are always a hit-but I be the fluted pan cakes are much prettier!! Has anyone tried the mini fluted pan in the microwave? Of course, it probably wouldn't have enough room to turn.:grumpy:

WW Version 2pts / portion
kitchenfun2day said:

1 cake mix - your choice
1 can diet soda - your choice

Mix and pour into stone of your choice (I spray with baker's joy)

9 minutes in the microwave ....

Cheap, easy, lowfat, and yummy!.... and it works!

jkinak said:
I make the microwave rice cooker cakes all the time at parties and they are always a hit-but I be the fluted pan cakes are much prettier!! Has anyone tried the mini fluted pan in the microwave? Of course, it probably wouldn't have enough room to turn.:grumpy:

The mini fluted works in the microwave and would give a reason for guests to go to your website to purchase.

Good idea!! I am going to have to test the mini fluted cakes on my family this weekend.:blushing:

These sound like a bunch of great recipes. Thanks for sharing!

What ingredients do I need to make Microwave Cake in Fluted Pan?

To make Microwave Cake in Fluted Pan, you will need 1 box of cake mix, 1 cup of water, 1/3 cup of oil, 3 eggs, and any additional mix-ins or toppings you desire.

How long does it take to cook Microwave Cake in Fluted Pan in the microwave?

The cooking time for Microwave Cake in Fluted Pan varies depending on your microwave's wattage. Generally, it takes 8-10 minutes on high power, but it's always best to check the cake's doneness with a toothpick inserted in the center before removing it from the microwave.

Can I use any type of cake mix for Microwave Cake in Fluted Pan?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you prefer for Microwave Cake in Fluted Pan. However, keep in mind that some cake mixes may cook faster or slower in the microwave, so be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Do I need to grease the Fluted Pan before making Microwave Cake?

Yes, it's essential to lightly grease the Fluted Pan before adding the cake batter. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the pan and make it easier to remove once it's cooked.

Can I make Microwave Cake in Fluted Pan ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Microwave Cake in Fluted Pan ahead of time, but it's best to serve it fresh and warm. If you do make it ahead of time, store it in an airtight container at room temperature and reheat it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies