• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Chocolate Cherry Cake: Too Sweet or Just Right?

In summary, the Quick Chocolate Cherry Cake is made with a box of chocolate cake mix, cherry pie filling, almond extract, and eggs. You can use any flavor of cake mix, but the chocolate pairs well with the other ingredients. The sweetness level can be adjusted by using less filling or adding more cake mix. The baking time is approximately 35-40 minutes and additional toppings or decorations can be added for personal preference.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Has anyone tried the Quick Chocolate Cherry cake(all the best) in the microwave with the scoops of icing put on top before baking? Or would the icing just be overkill? Is it too much? I can't eat chocolate so I have no idea how it would taste...??? TIA

RossDeb2 said:
Has anyone tried the Quick Chocolate Cherry cake(all the best) in the microwave with the scoops of icing put on top before baking? Or would the icing just be overkill? Is it too much? I can't eat chocolate so I have no idea how it would taste...??? TIA
I am making that tonight at my show! But I am not adding the icing. After the cake is cooled I am melting chocolate and drizzling it over the cake and then sprinkling nuts over that and grating chocolate over with the microplane. This shows a lot more products.

I do put the scoops of icing in the rice cooker when I do a cake in it but never in the fluted pan. It's a big WOW effect to see how simple the garnishing is and how good it looks!

I have made it with the icing and it is really good. It is not overkill because the icing is really just a glaze. After the cake cools I add some powdered sugar and I grate chocolate over the top in the microplane as well.

What are the ingredients in the Quick Chocolate Cherry Cake?

The ingredients for the Quick Chocolate Cherry Cake are:

• 1 box of chocolate cake mix
  • 1 can of cherry pie filling
  • 1 teaspoon of almond extract
  • 2 eggs

Can I use a different flavor of cake mix instead of chocolate?

Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix that you prefer. However, the chocolate cake mix pairs well with the cherry pie filling and almond extract in this recipe.

Is the cake too sweet with the cherry pie filling?

The sweetness level of the cake can vary depending on personal preference. If you find the cherry pie filling to be too sweet, you can reduce the amount of filling used or add in a bit more of the cake mix to balance out the sweetness.

How long does it take to bake the Quick Chocolate Cherry Cake?

The baking time for the Quick Chocolate Cherry Cake is approximately 35-40 minutes. However, it is always best to check the cake for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.

Can I add any additional toppings or decorations to the cake?

Yes, you can add any additional toppings or decorations to the Quick Chocolate Cherry Cake. Some suggestions include whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or a dusting of powdered sugar. Get creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Alanna1
Replies
Views
Staci
  • reneenshelcook4u
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies