• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Microwave Cake in a Batter Bowl: Practical for a Picnic?

In summary, the conversation discusses options for making a cake in the microwave using Pampered Chef products. Suggestions include using a fluted stone, rice cooker, or batter bowl, and possibly covering with a plate to trap in heat. One person recommends using the Large Micro Cooker, while another suggests using the Pampered Chef Brownie Pan for individual-sized portions. A shortcut recipe using a Devil's Food Cake mix and Diet Dr Pepper is also mentioned.
courtneybelken
Has anyone tried making a cake in the Microwave using the BB? Long story made short: I just moved, most PC products are in storage, my oven does not work. Now, I need to bring a cake to a church picnic tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I've never made a microwave cake in anything other than the fluted stone ... but you may want to play around with the timing ... either way you will have to put a plate over it to trap in the heat ... good luck!

Put a plate on top? I have made microwave cakes and not covered them. I have made a cake in the rice cookier and not covered it and the fluted stone and not covered it. You might try it without covering it first and remember glass can get really hot, use a hot pad. Who knows, you might need a cover after all, I have never made a cake in the batter bowl in the micro.
Deb

Thanks for the replies. I found my Large Micro Cooker and it worked great! It was my first microwave cake. I did use the lid--I'm not sure if I was supposed to or not. I was a little ugly but I dusted it with powdered sugar to hide the "ugliness".

Also, I just used a Devil's Food Cake Mix with a can of Diet Dr Pepper-- no oil, no eggs, no water!!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your oven troubles, but don't worry, I have a solution for you! The Pampered Chef Brownie Pan is actually great for making cakes in the microwave. Simply mix up your cake batter and pour it into the wells of the pan. Microwave for a few minutes, and voila, you have a delicious cake! The pan is also great for portion control, so you can make individual-sized cakes for the picnic. Happy baking!

1. How long does it take to make a microwave cake in a batter bowl?

The average time to make a microwave cake in a batter bowl is around 10 minutes. This may vary slightly depending on the wattage of your microwave.

2. Can I use any type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. Just follow the instructions on the back of the box and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Can I add other ingredients to the batter for added flavor?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to the batter such as chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit for added flavor. Just make sure to mix them in well before microwaving.

4. Do I need to grease the batter bowl before pouring in the cake mix?

It is recommended to lightly grease the batter bowl before pouring in the cake mix to prevent sticking. You can use a cooking spray or butter for this step.

5. Can I make multiple microwave cakes in a batter bowl at once?

No, it is not recommended to make multiple microwave cakes in a batter bowl at once. It is best to make one cake at a time to ensure even cooking and prevent overflowing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • carissaz