• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Delicious World of Meat on the Microwave Chip Maker

Yes, sprayed 'em with olive oil ('cuz that's what I had in my spritzer) one time, and just dabbed a bit of water on them another time to help the seasonings stick.
naekelsey
Gold Member
Has anyone tried doing meat on the Microwave Chip Maker?

no and I wouldn't. totally not what it is made for. think with the grease you may destroy the chip maker and possibly your microwave...

It's only for potatoes, apples and yuca thats it

Ok.. Thank you.. I had a customer ask me a few nights ago and I wanted to check first....

Not "allowed" but I make pepperoni chips on it, and it's been just fine. lay out thin sliced pepperoni, sprinkle with green-can Parmesan. Only takes a couple of minutes to get crisp (in my microwave at least).A lifesaver for my low-carb diet! Chips!

Has anyone tried plantain chips or other vegetables or fruit? It would be great to have some other options for people on low carb diets.

I tell everyone that it specifically says only to use the listed fruits/veggies. I would not encourage anyone to try anything else. That said, I'm now intrigued by the pepperoni chips.

raebates said:
I tell everyone that it specifically says only to use the listed fruits/veggies. I would not encourage anyone to try anything else. That said, I'm now intrigued by the pepperoni chips.

I agree with Rae. With any product, I would not suggest any use outside of the Use & Care guidelines.

I have always wanted to try making chips with tortillas on it, but have been afraid to try it.

This product is all over the place. It is on QVC, Solutions, Cooking.com, etc etc.

It appears to be the same exact thing - just in different combos.

I AM NOT SAYING TO DO THIS...but if you look at some other sites, it appears the list of foods OK to cook is a lot longer.

It looks like Mastrad is the manufacturer?? (I am at work so I can't fully look into it), but here is the link to their website:

http://www.mastrad.us/art.php?id=1033

It mentions carrots, beets, and some other fruits. Again, OUR use & care does NOT say these are OK.

Rosechef said:
I have always wanted to try making chips with tortillas on it, but have been afraid to try it.

I am bringing mine to work tomorrow..and I have a few extra tortilla shells that I am going to bring as well to try out.

I have tried tortillas.. Just did corn tortillas sliced up and spritzer with some oil and salt. Turned out great. Flour tortillas were not successful.

morgieloo88 said:
I have tried tortillas.. Just did corn tortillas sliced up and spritzer with some oil and salt. Turned out great. Flour tortillas were not successful.

I've done flour tortillas successfully! It was the corn torillas that tasted nasty to me, but they did chip up nicely.

Jennie50 said:
I've done flour tortillas successfully! It was the corn torillas that tasted nasty to me, but they did chip up nicely.

What did you put on them?

chefheidi2003 said:
What did you put on them?

I put Southwestern Seasoning on some, just salt on others. Been meaning to try cinnamon/sugar mix, but haven't yet.

The corn tortillas I had were thick, and they made the chips nearly impossible to bit into. They had a bitter taste, but it coulda just been the brand I was using. I'd love to know if someone has found a brand of corn tortillas that works well, 'cuz I'd like to serve them with salsa and dips.

Jennie50 said:
I put Southwestern Seasoning on some, just salt on others. Been meaning to try cinnamon/sugar mix, but haven't yet.

The corn tortillas I had were thick, and they made the chips nearly impossible to bit into. They had a bitter taste, but it coulda just been the brand I was using. I'd love to know if someone has found a brand of corn tortillas that works well, 'cuz I'd like to serve them with salsa and dips.

did you spritz oil onto them or anything?

chefheidi2003 said:
did you spritz oil onto them or anything?

Yes, sprayed 'em with olive oil ('cuz that's what I had in my spritzer) one time, and just dabbed a bit of water on them another time to help the seasonings stick.

1. How do I use the Microwave Chip Maker for cooking meat?

The Microwave Chip Maker can be used to cook a variety of meats, such as chicken, pork, and fish. Simply place the meat on the chip maker and microwave according to the recipe instructions. The chip maker's unique design allows for the meat to cook evenly and without added oil or grease.

2. Can I use the Microwave Chip Maker to cook frozen meat?

Yes, you can use the Microwave Chip Maker to cook frozen meat. However, it is important to thaw the meat first and then follow the recipe instructions for cooking on the chip maker. Cooking frozen meat on the chip maker may result in uneven cooking and may affect the taste and texture of the meat.

3. How long does it take to cook meat on the Microwave Chip Maker?

The cooking time will vary depending on the type and thickness of the meat. Generally, it takes about 8-10 minutes to cook boneless chicken breasts and about 10-12 minutes for thicker cuts of meat like pork chops. It is important to always use a meat thermometer to ensure that the meat has reached the safe internal temperature before consuming.

4. Can I use the Microwave Chip Maker for marinated meats?

Yes, you can use the Microwave Chip Maker for marinated meats. However, make sure to pat the meat dry before placing it on the chip maker to prevent excess moisture from affecting the cooking process. It is also recommended to adjust the cooking time as marinades may affect the cooking time and temperature.

5. How do I clean the Microwave Chip Maker after cooking meat?

Cleaning the Microwave Chip Maker is easy and convenient. Simply wash it with warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. It is also dishwasher safe for added convenience. Make sure to dry the chip maker thoroughly before storing it to prevent any potential rusting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies