• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mango Salsa Jicama/Granny Smith Apple

In summary, the Mango Salsa Jicama/Granny Smith Apple recipe includes fresh mango, jicama, Granny Smith apples, red bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and a touch of honey. It is suitable for various dietary restrictions, including being gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. It can be served as a dip, topping, or ingredient in various dishes. It can be made ahead of time and there are options for substitutions to customize the flavor.
PamperedchefDaly
Gold Member
I am making the mango confetti salsa ahead of time for friends that are coming over. I bought a granny smith apple instead of a jicama because I read on this forum that it's been done before. Now I'm wondering if the apple will turn brown? I'm sure it's OK when you use it in a demo and gets eaten immediately, but this is something that will be prepared several hours ahead.

For those of you that have used the granny smiths, did you peel them first, and did they turn brown? Or am I out shopping again today looking for that jicama? TIA

When ever you peel an apple and dice it for any recipe, you want to peel, then sit in lemon-lime soda (can also do just lemon juice but that enhances the flavorr a bit too much some times). This neutralizes the effect of the oxygenation that causes the apple to brown. Since you're making this ahead, I'd personally peel, soak, slice with apple wedger, soak again, then mfp. Once it's mixed with the acids of the other fruits and veggies it'll be fine. And, when I say "soak" I mean more like, dip, count to 3, take out.

I've made this so many times but I cannot remember now - does it have lime juice in it? If so just sub out for lemon juice which will keep the apple from browning. I've done the apple berry salsa many times and never had a problem because of this.

What ingredients are in the Mango Salsa Jicama/Granny Smith Apple?

The Mango Salsa Jicama/Granny Smith Apple recipe features fresh mango, jicama, Granny Smith apples, red bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and a touch of honey for sweetness.

Is this recipe suitable for those with dietary restrictions?

Yes, the Mango Salsa Jicama/Granny Smith Apple is suitable for a variety of dietary restrictions. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. For those with nut allergies, you can omit the optional chopped peanuts or substitute with a different nut or seed. As always, be sure to double-check all ingredients for any potential allergens.

How should I serve the Mango Salsa Jicama/Granny Smith Apple?

This recipe can be served as a dip with tortilla chips or pita chips, or as a topping for grilled fish or chicken. It can also be used as a flavorful addition to tacos or burrito bowls. Get creative and try it with your favorite dishes!

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Absolutely! The Mango Salsa Jicama/Granny Smith Apple can be made up to a day in advance. Simply store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Be sure to give it a good stir before serving to redistribute the flavors.

Are there any substitutions I can make in this recipe?

If you can't find jicama, you can substitute with cucumber or another crunchy vegetable. For a milder flavor, you can omit the jalapeno or use a milder pepper. You can also adjust the amount of lime juice and honey to suit your taste preferences. Feel free to experiment and make this recipe your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • Anne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews