• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mandoline With the Microwave Chip Maker?

In summary, the Microwave Chip Maker works with the Ultimate Mandoline, but the slices will be thicker and will take longer to cook.
Jennie50
Has anyone successfully used the Microwave Chip Maker with the Ultimate Mandoline? I don't have the Mandoline, so I've only made chips using the thinnest setting on the Simple Slicer. A guest order a chip maker from me at one of my shows, but didn't get a SS, since she had the Mandoline at home. She called me to say that her chips weren't getting chippy after 12 minutes in the microwave. Called HO to find out the thickness on the Mandoline slice (it's not in the catalog) is 1/8th, about double that of the lowest setting on the SS.

I called the customer and left a message, but am still trying to determine what to say to her..."Sorry, I didn't realize that you had to buy a SS in order for the Microwave Chip Maker to work??" I think I'd be pretty irritated that I wasn't told that on the front end. I hate it when I mess up, but did I miss some memo from PC that says this? It is not stated in the catalog...

Did your customer take the moisture from the potatoes with a paper towel? How powerful is her microwave? You don't necessarily need the SS to do them but you would need a steady hand and a good knife to have them cut at 1/8.

I've used the thinnest setting on the UM and it just takes longer. Make sure that she has it on the thinnest not the thickest of the adjustable blade. I think two trays takes 6 minutes in my microwave.

I use the thinnest straight blade and I get great results. Usually 1 tray at 335 or 4 min and 2 trays around 630. All microwaves are different and you need to have her keep trying.

wadesgirl said:
I've used the thinnest setting on the UM and it just takes longer. Make sure that she has it on the thinnest not the thickest of the adjustable blade. I think two trays takes 6 minutes in my microwave.

Okay, so I hate to be a dunce, but again, I don't have the Ultimate Mandoline. It has more than option for thickness? I only knew that it has the interchangeable blades for grating, v-cuts and crinkle cuts.

Yes..there is a little switch on the side of the blade that you can flip to change the thickness

There is a straight blade as well that Heidi referred to that is adjustable but I too found that the thin setting is thicker than the SS and takes much longer.

I have the UM, not the the SS, and have used it MANY times with my chipmaker. It does take a bit longer, but I don't think it is just the UM cutting thicker slices than the SS- some days it takes 6-7 minutes, other days the exact same bag of potatoes can take 10-12... the humidity on the day, your microwave power, and other variables all play a part. Just be upfront with your guest that the UM is going to cut slices a bit bigger, and emphasize the importance of using the paper towel to absorb the moisture, and tell them to play with the combinations (including different seasonings and lightly brushing the potatoes/veggies with our oils!) and to have fun with it! My family eats the chips almost faster than I can get them made!

1. What is the purpose of the Mandoline With the Microwave Chip Maker?

The Mandoline With the Microwave Chip Maker is a versatile kitchen tool that allows you to quickly and easily slice fruits and vegetables into thin, even slices. It also comes with a chip maker attachment that allows you to make crispy, homemade chips in the microwave.

2. How does the chip maker attachment work?

The chip maker attachment works by placing thinly sliced fruits or vegetables on the silicone tray and microwaving for a few minutes. The tray helps to evenly distribute the heat and create crispy chips without the need for oil.

3. Is the Mandoline With the Microwave Chip Maker safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, the Mandoline With the Microwave Chip Maker is specifically designed for use in the microwave. It is made of heat-resistant materials and is safe to use as directed.

4. Can the Mandoline With the Microwave Chip Maker be used for other types of slicing?

Yes, the Mandoline With the Microwave Chip Maker comes with adjustable blades that allow you to choose the thickness of your slices. It can be used for a variety of fruits and vegetables, as well as cheese and other ingredients.

5. Is the Mandoline With the Microwave Chip Maker dishwasher safe?

Yes, all parts of the Mandoline With the Microwave Chip Maker are dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing the blades to ensure they stay sharp and in good condition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Christ Follower
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam