• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Taffy Apple Tartlets Ahead

In summary, it is possible to assemble and refrigerate quiches before baking, but there is a risk of the crust becoming soggy. To prevent this, you can blind bake the crust, use a sturdy crust recipe, let the filling cool before adding it, leave the quiches uncovered in the fridge, and bake them right before serving. However, it's best to bake them on the same day they are assembled to minimize the risk of a soggy crust.
DebPC
Staff member
I have a friend who would like to assemble them today and bake them at her friends tomorrow.
She would refrigerate them in between. She's worried the crust might get soggy.
Has anyone done this???

I have not done it quite like this. I made up the apple mixture before and refrigerated it, then warmed it back up when I was ready to use it. I've also made them, and them warmed them for a few seconds before serving

It is possible to assemble the quiches ahead of time and refrigerate them before baking, but there is a risk that the crust may become soggy. To prevent this, here are a few tips:1. Blind bake the crust first: Blind baking means pre-baking the crust before adding the filling. This will help the crust become crisp and prevent it from getting soggy when the filling is added. To blind bake the crust, line it with parchment paper and fill it with pie weights or dry beans. Bake at 375°F for about 15 minutes, then remove the weights and parchment paper and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the crust is lightly golden.2. Use a sturdy crust recipe: Some crust recipes are more prone to becoming soggy than others. For best results, use a sturdy crust recipe that can hold up to the moisture from the filling. A butter-based crust is usually a good choice.3. Let the filling cool before adding it to the crust: If the filling is hot when added to the crust, it can cause the crust to become soggy. Make sure to let the filling cool to room temperature before adding it to the crust.4. Refrigerate the assembled quiches uncovered: Covering the quiches while they are in the fridge can trap moisture and cause the crust to become soggy. Instead, leave them uncovered in the fridge until ready to bake.5. Bake the quiches right before serving: If possible, it's best to bake the quiches right before serving, rather than assembling them the day before. This will ensure that the crust stays crisp and the filling stays fresh.By following these tips, you can minimize the risk of the crust becoming soggy when assembling and refrigerating quiches ahead of time. However, keep in mind that the longer the quiches are refrigerated, the higher the chance of the crust becoming soggy. So, if possible, it's best to bake them on the same day they are assembled.

What ingredients do I need to make Taffy Apple Tartlets?

To make Taffy Apple Tartlets ahead, you will need 1 package of refrigerated pie crusts, 1/4 cup of butter, 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup of light corn syrup, 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 2 medium tart apples, and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.

How do I prepare the pie crust for the tartlets?

First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Roll out the pie crust onto a floured surface and cut out 24 circles using a 2 and 1/2 inch round cookie cutter. Place each circle into a mini muffin tin and press down to form a crust. Prick the bottom of each crust with a fork and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.

Can I make the taffy apple filling ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the taffy apple filling ahead of time. Simply store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to use, warm it up in the microwave for about 30 seconds to make it easier to spoon into the tartlet crusts.

How far in advance can I make the tartlets?

You can make the tartlets up to 2 days in advance. After baking the crusts, let them cool completely before filling them with the taffy apple mixture. Store the tartlets in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, warm them up in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.

Can I freeze the tartlets for later use?

Yes, you can freeze the tartlets for up to 1 month. After baking and cooling the crusts, fill them with the taffy apple mixture and place them in an airtight container. Place the container in the freezer and when ready to serve, let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Warm them up in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
dianag
  • JaimeAnnR
  • Recipes and Tips