• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make Scrambled Eggs and Omelet in the Microwave?

In summary, the best way to make scrambled eggs in the microwave is to beat 2-3 eggs in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, stirring in between until fully cooked. Sunny-side up eggs can also be made by cracking an egg into a bowl, piercing the yolk, and microwaving in 30-second intervals until the whites are cooked. To prevent explosions, pierce the yolk before cooking or cover the bowl. Ingredients can also be added and cooking time varies depending on the type of eggs and microwave power.
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
I know I've seen the directions on here before, but I could not find them. I have a customer who wants to know how to make scrambled eggs in the microwave in prep bowls. Can anyone share??

In the small prep bowls only 1 egg per bowl. I wipe the bowl with butter or spray with oil so it slides out after it's cooked. Prick the yolk so it doesn't explode all over the place!You can add a little milk or even water but I usually just do the egg by itself.

Break the egg with a mini whipper or fork. You can add extras like chopped onion, peppers,cheese... Microwave one minute on high. It should be done but if not continue cooking at 30 second intervals. I have forgotten to oil the prep bowl and it came out fine btw.

Thank you! Does anyone know if you could use ham/bacon/sausage in the egg too? Kind of an omelet?

1PamperedMommy said:
Thank you! Does anyone know if you could use ham/bacon/sausage in the egg too? Kind of an omelet?

Yes you can. I would precook the meats.

What is the best way to make scrambled eggs in the microwave?

To make scrambled eggs in the microwave, crack 2-3 eggs into a microwave-safe bowl and beat them with a fork. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir the eggs with a fork. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the eggs are fully cooked.

Can I make sunny-side up eggs in the microwave?

Yes, you can make sunny-side up eggs in the microwave by cracking an egg into a microwave-safe bowl and piercing the yolk with a fork. Microwave for 30 seconds, then check the eggs. If the whites are still runny, continue microwaving in 15-second intervals until the whites are fully cooked. Be careful not to overcook the yolk.

How do I prevent my eggs from exploding in the microwave?

To prevent eggs from exploding in the microwave, make sure to pierce the yolk before cooking. You can also cover the bowl with a paper towel or microwave-safe lid to allow steam to escape.

Can I add ingredients to my eggs before microwaving?

Yes, you can add ingredients like cheese, vegetables, or cooked meat to your eggs before microwaving. Just make sure to mix them in with the eggs before cooking.

How long does it take to make eggs in the microwave?

The cooking time will vary depending on the type of eggs and the microwave's power. Generally, it takes about 1-2 minutes to make scrambled eggs and 30-60 seconds to make sunny-side up eggs in the microwave. Be sure to monitor the cooking process and adjust the time as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• linojackie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KristinS
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • taymit
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies