• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Ahead Trifle: Strawberry Cheesecake

In summary, to make a strawberry cheesecake trifle, you will need fresh strawberries, cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, vanilla extract, store-bought angel food cake, strawberry preserves, whipped cream, and additional sliced strawberries for garnish. While fresh strawberries are recommended, you can use frozen strawberries if needed. To assemble the trifle, layer cake cubes, cream cheese mixture, and sliced strawberries. The trifle can be made 24 hours in advance, using a different type of cake if desired.
AmaraJ
I'm going to bring a trifle already made to my next show...how far ahead can I make it? It would be ideal if I could make it the day before, or at the latest, the early morning of the show....
I'm leaning towards the Strawberry Cheesecake right now.

I have always made a Death by Chocolate Trifle the DAY OF a show. It would be too mushy to be made the day before.

I have made the Strawberry Trifle the night before and it is still good the next day. Not soggy at all.

sorry - I meant the Death by Chocolate Trifle would be soggy if made the day before.

I think the Strawberry Trifle would be great! :)

stefani2 said:
sorry - I meant the Death by Chocolate Trifle would be soggy if made the day before.

I think the Strawberry Trifle would be great! :)

I understood ya! :)

Amara - would you make a salad for a make-ahead trifle - that is always an option too!

Amara~

That is my FAVORITE trifle, and it will do fine if you make it the night before and let it sit!!

I made the Strawberry Creamcheese Trifle and everyone loved it!! I made it the morning of.

Thanks everyone!

I'm kind of making a lot of food for this one special friend/host, so I wanted to save time and make the trifle ahead.

I'll probably make it the morning of the show.

1. What ingredients do I need to make a strawberry cheesecake trifle?

To make a strawberry cheesecake trifle, you will need:- 1 pound of fresh strawberries- 8 ounces of cream cheese- 1/4 cup of sugar- 1/2 cup of heavy cream- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract- 1 store-bought angel food cake- 1/4 cup of strawberry preserves- Whipped cream for topping- Additional sliced strawberries for garnish

2. Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh?

While fresh strawberries are recommended for the best flavor and texture, you can use frozen strawberries in a pinch. Thaw them before using and make sure to drain off any excess liquid.

3. How do I assemble the trifle?

To assemble the trifle, start by slicing the angel food cake into cubes. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract until smooth. In a trifle dish or glass bowl, layer the cake cubes, followed by the cream cheese mixture, and then a layer of sliced strawberries. Repeat these layers until all ingredients are used, ending with a layer of strawberries on top. Drizzle the strawberry preserves over the top, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Before serving, top with whipped cream and additional sliced strawberries.

4. How far in advance can I make the trifle?

The trifle can be made up to 24 hours in advance. It is best to assemble and refrigerate it the night before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.

5. Can I use a different type of cake for the trifle?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake such as pound cake or vanilla sponge cake. Just make sure to cut it into small cubes to fit in the trifle dish and hold up to the layers and moisture of the other ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jasonmva
  • ChefPaulaB