• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Love the Deep Covered Baker and 30 Minute Chicken!

Lisa,Did you have any trouble cooking the chicken in the microwave? No, actually it came out really well. I did have to move it to a serving plate so that people could slice it.
ChefLisa
I just want to share with you something amazing that has happened during my last two shows.

During my first show this month, I brought the Deep Covered Baker and talked about the 30 Minute Chicken. The crowd jumped in that they do not use the microwave to cook, but I guess I there was still some excitement about the baker, because I had a customer purchase it.

Last night I decided to let them see and taste the chicken. I bought a chicken and cleaned it and put the seasoning on it before I left for the show. As soon as I got to my host home I popped the chicken in the microwave. It was finished before the guests arrived and the home smelled so good! I then put the baker on a piece of Woven Selections out on the coffee table for all to see. As they were sitting there before the show began I started talking about how it was cooked in the microwave. Then during the show I gave the full scoop on the baker as well as stoneware in general. The customers were truly impressed and even more impressed when they tasted it and realized the chicken taste so good. I think most people think chicken in the microwave would be rubbery. I know that was what I thought before I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. My host is going to purchase the baker and I had another customer purchase it.

I am planning to make the chicken for my next several shows. If you still need February bookings, I highly recommend telling potential host about this piece. They can purchase it this month for $26.00. Of course, after this month they can purchase it using one of their half price options and get it for $32.50.

Lisa

Lisa,

How did you serve the chicken? Did you move it to a serving plate and slice it for them or did they just take what they wanted right out of the baker?

I was thinking of doing the chicken and then a tortatini bar but I don't want to have to take the time to cut the chicken up for them. I am thinking that I would pop it in the microwave upon arrival, then prep the other ingredients (some in front of the guests and some before they get there), then move the chicken to either the bamboo carving board or the cutting board and let them use the santuko or other knife to cut off what they want and make their own panini wraps. What do you think? Or is it enough to just have the chicken there and demo a dessert or salad with it?

Hi Beth!

After I completed my demonstration (Peanutty Brownie Pizza), I put the Deep Covered Baker on the counter and just took off some of the breast meat. I am a lousy carver, so I just cut off the meat the best I could and put some of it on a plate for the guests. There was plenty from the breast meat since they were just getting a taste.

Lisa

What is the Deep Covered Baker and how does it work?

The Deep Covered Baker is a ceramic baking dish with a lid that is designed to cook meats and vegetables in the microwave. The lid creates a sealed environment that traps steam, allowing food to cook quickly and evenly.

How do I use the Deep Covered Baker to make 30 Minute Chicken?

To make 30 Minute Chicken, simply place chicken breasts or tenderloins in the Deep Covered Baker, add your desired seasonings, and cover with the lid. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, then let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. The steam created in the baker will cook the chicken in just 30 minutes!

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in the oven?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in the oven up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. However, keep in mind that the cooking time may vary compared to using it in the microwave.

What are the benefits of using the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker allows you to cook meats and vegetables quickly and easily in the microwave, saving you time and energy. It also helps to retain moisture and flavor in your food, resulting in tender and delicious meals.

How do I clean and care for my Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan. Avoid using metal utensils on the ceramic surface and do not place it over direct heat or under a broiler.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • marystell1