• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Who Hasn't Heard of Pampered Chef?

In summary, a couple went to Red Lobster and overheard a conversation between two other couples. The older couple was shocked by the changing dress code at golf courses and the younger couple made a comment about Pampered Chef being expensive. The person sharing the story also mentions that rich people are always looking for good deals. The conversation then shifts to a friend who has a home in France and loves shopping for deals. They also mention a buy one get one half off deal at a shoe store.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I have to share something that made me laugh the other day.

My boyfriend and I went to Red Lobster for dinner. The people who were sitting behind him were loud talkers. So we had no choice but to hear their conversation.

There were 2 couples..a couple in their mid to late 50s..then a couple in about their 30s.

First they talked about the HORROR of golf courses changing the dress codes so that people can wear tshirt. My boyfriend has decided that we will be able to identify the Anti-Christ by the person on a golf course in a shirt without a collar. So..since they are so shocked by such a thing and the way that they said it..the next thing made me laugh so hard.

Then the older lady said..I have never even heard of Pampered Chef. The younger lady said..do you know what Pampered Chef is. It is EXPENSIVE Kitchen products and you can buy the exact same thing at Kmart for half the price. Too bad I had left my catty tote in the car and just took my wallet in. I would have gladly given her a catalog so she could see for herself.

I just had to share because the whole thing made me laugh.

I read somewhere probably on here that there on only 37 items over $50 in the catalog. It annoys me when people make the "its expensive" arguement they clearly have no idea of the quality and the what is actually in our catalog.

Heidi, that is funny! My Mom, sister, and I went to the Cheesecake Factory with some friends to celebrate a birthday this past Sunday. The restaurant was in the "high-end" section of a mall (the other section has the stores my family, friends, and I are likely to visit). My Mom is in from out-of-state, so she's not familiar with this particular mall set-up. Anyway, we were commenting on how many people were at the mall so early on a Sunday, and I mentioned there were all the Memorial Day sales going on. My sister guffawed, because, again, this was the high-end section of Tyson's Corner, "and the people who shop there don't care about sales." Mom and I corrected her - rich people are rich because they do what it takes to keep their money, and to make more. They certainly WOULD be looking for the best sales!

I'm not saying I would, because I have such a hard time stepping out of my comfort zone, but it's too bad you didn't walk up to their table, anyway, and say "Let me TELL you all about what The Pampered Chef REALLY is!"

I have however decided that I will be putting some mini catties in my wallet..it is a large wallet..that way I can give them out when I don't have my regular purse.

pampchefsarah said:
Heidi, that is funny! My Mom, sister, and I went to the Cheesecake Factory with some friends to celebrate a birthday this past Sunday. The restaurant was in the "high-end" section of a mall (the other section has the stores my family, friends, and I are likely to visit). My Mom is in from out-of-state, so she's not familiar with this particular mall set-up. Anyway, we were commenting on how many people were at the mall so early on a Sunday, and I mentioned there were all the Memorial Day sales going on. My sister guffawed, because, again, this was the high-end section of Tyson's Corner, "and the people who shop there don't care about sales." Mom and I corrected her - rich people are rich because they do what it takes to keep their money, and to make more. They certainly WOULD be looking for the best sales!
I'm not saying I would, because I have such a hard time stepping out of my comfort zone, but it's too bad you didn't walk up to their table, anyway, and say "Let me TELL you all about what The Pampered Chef REALLY is!"

That is SOOO true. I have a friend who had a beautiful home in the best part of Greensboro NC AND a home in France right outside of Paris. She was always telling me of the amazing deals she would get while shopping and then I'd go to the same store and find nothing comparable. She loved the dollar store and would buy up lots of items to take back to France. Some she would embellish, others she'd leave as is and sell for mega$$ back home at holiday sales she'd hold at her home.

Once she and I went shopping at a shoe store and they had a buy one get one half off. She wanted a pair they had but didn't see a second pair she liked so I looked even though I didn't need any and I didn't really have the $$. Well, I found a pair and when we went to check out I paid full price and she got hers for 1/2 off! I know I should have said something but I was so shocked. :eek: :mad:

Yeah, the more they have the more they keep. I loved her to death but things like this just made me shake my head.

Oh that is too funny! I wish people would learn that YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!And on a side note, I personally believe it's funny when I go to a restaurant with a VERY PLATONIC friend and people assume that a) we're a couple (ew, gross!) and b) that HE'S paying the bill. (He's very broke and he either pays me his half in cash or I treat him.) So they offer to refill his glass many times but never refill mine. And they wonder why I skimp on the tip!

Back to loud people.... my best friend and I went to the movies this past Thursday. I am a loud person by nature and she isn't, but while sitting in a theater full of people I know how to whisper and keep it down. Anyways, before the previews even started we got on to a conversation about an ex boyfriend of mine and some shenanigan that happened while we were in the middle of our beak up... not something I wanted the entire theater of women to hear, but she was talking sooo loud she actually echoed. I was so embarrassed I wanted to crawl under the seat... I wish she had been blabbing about PC so I could have maybe gotten some leads instead all those women knowing about a mishap from almost 5 years ago!

I hear he speaks highly of you, too.;)

1. How can I politely ask a loud talker in a restaurant to lower their voice?

One approach is to kindly remind them that others may be trying to enjoy their meal and that their volume is disrupting the atmosphere. You could also suggest moving to a quieter area of the restaurant or speaking more softly.

2. What if the loud talker is someone I am dining with?

In this situation, it may be best to privately and respectfully address the issue. Let them know that their volume is making it difficult for you to hear and that you would appreciate it if they could lower their voice.

3. Is it appropriate to confront a loud talker in a public setting?

It is generally not recommended to confront a stranger in a public setting. If the loud talker is a friend or family member, it may be appropriate to address the issue in a respectful and private manner. Otherwise, it may be best to speak to a manager or find a different table.

4. Can the restaurant staff do anything to help with loud talkers?

The restaurant staff may be able to help by offering a quieter table or politely reminding the loud talker to lower their voice. However, it is ultimately the responsibility of the individual to be mindful of their volume in a public setting.

5. What if I am a loud talker and don't realize it?

If you are a loud talker, it may be helpful to ask your dining companions for feedback on your volume. You can also try to be aware of your volume and actively make an effort to speak more softly in public places.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat