• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Crock Pot Recipe: Anyone Have a Good Taco Soup Recipe?

In summary, a crockpot recipe shared by the author suggests cooking chicken in a large jar of sauce, then serving over spaghetti.
byrd1956
Gold Member
Does anyone have any crock pot recipes they can share. We are doing a work day at DH's parents this weekend. Took chili last weekend and want something else that will work well. Thanks to all for sharing.

I throw a couple of roasts in mine or a whole pork loin or family pack of chicken breasts
to make shredded meat for tacos.I pour water & chicken or beef broth over the meat, a couple of bay leaves, cumin, shopped onion, garlic, adobo peppers (or canned diced chilis)
cook and shred with a fork serve with shredded cheese and sour cream & other taco fixins

you could make this today and let it reheat (it tastes better the 2nd day)Tortilla Soup
This takes a little more time and alot more dishes but is so yummy5 roasted New Mexican chiles
3 tbsp. corn oil
2 qts. chicken stock (recipe below)
salt to taste
cayenne pepper to taste
4 corn tortillas, cut in strips
1 cooked chicken breast, cut into strips ( I used the chicken from a whole chicken I
made stock from)
8 FRESH cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 avocado, peeled, seeded, & cubed
1 tbsp. chopped fresh epazote (or 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro)
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 c. fresh onion purée
3 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips & fried crisp
4 c. fresh tomato purée
1 tbsp. cumin powder
2 tsp. chili powder
2 bay leaves
lemon juice to tastegrasp chili peppers with kitchen tongs hold directly over open flame until lightly
roasted DO not blacken or burn Cool remove stems and seeds and chop (I did this once in
a saute pan and once on the gas grill) since we don't have a gas stoveHeat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté tortillas with garlic and epazote
over medium heat until tortillas are soft about 4 to 5 minutes or until they are crisp
and the garlic is golden brown Add onion puree for 5 minutes or until reduced by halfAdd tomato purée, roasted chilies, jalapenos, cilantro and bring to a boil. Add cumin,
chili powder, bay leaves, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil again, then reduce heat to
simmer 40 minutes. (Skim the surface if necessary) Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste
and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes. Strain and pour into warm soup bowls. Garnish each bowl with an equal portion of chicken
breast, avocado, shredded cheese, and crisp tortilla strips. Serve immediately. Serves
8-10Advance Preparation: Soup may be made 1 day ahead and gently reheated before serving.Chicken Stock:
1 chicken carcass (I boiled whole chicken)
3 sprigs fresh parsley
2 tbsp. corn, peanut or vegetable oil
1 small bay leaf
1 c. coarsely chopped onion
1 tbsp. white pepper corn
3/4 c. coarsely chopped carrots
5 c. water to cover
3/4 c. coarsely chopped celery
3 sprigs fresh thyme(I rinsed the chicken & dumped it in whole into my stockpot added the water and the
spices and veggies)
Have butcher cut carcass into small pieces or use a cleaver to do so at home. Heat 1 tbsp. in oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add carcass. Cook, stirring
often, until well browned. Add remaining oil with onion, carrots, and celery. Cook,
stirring frequently, until vegetables are golden brown. Pour off oil. Add thyme, parsley,
bay leaf, and peppercorns. Stir to blend and add water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce
heat, and simmer about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, skimming surface as necessary, until reduced to
4 cups. Line a bowl with an extra fine sieve (preferably a chinois). Pour mixture into
the sieve and strain, pushing solids with a wooden spoon to extract as much liquid as
possible. Discard solids. Skim off any surface fat. Refrigerate, tightly sealed, for no
more than 2 days, or freeze in small quantities for ease of use for up to 3 months.

you could do a roast and veggies,
I use my crockpots alot. My kids love for me to cook a roast in it (seasoned for beef stroganoff and add hot buttered noodles, or jumbalaya

Jambalaya2 pkgs Beef little smokies
2 pkgs frozen shrimp scampi (yellow box)
1 box Zatarains Dirty Rice
1 box Zatarains Jambalaya Rice
2 cans Rotel (we use the hottest)
Dash (es) of Tabasco or your favorite hot sauceDump everything into crock pot (except scampi) add 4 cups water. Cook 1 hour, add shrimp/sauce during the last 10 minutes.Teresa

Chicken Cacciatore

Chicken Leg quarters, or thighs and legs, or whatever
Large jars of Ragu or Francesco Rinaldi traditional/original flavorsPut chicken in crockpot first, then add sauce and make sure all the chicken is covered. Cook till it's done (I've done low and high either way)Serve over spaghetti. (Careful w/ finding the bones...the meat is tender it falls off the bones) You could do breast meat, but it's not as flavorful.Taco Soup1 lb hamburger
1 chopped onion
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup water
2 cans kidney beans (or 3 if you have room)
2 cans chili beans (or 3 if you have room)
1 can corn
1 can chopped green chilies
1 or 2 cans diced tomatoes
1 small can of tomato sauceSaute the meat w/ onion. Add to crockpot. Add all other items--don't drain the cans! You want the liquid to make the soup. Cook on low (6-8 hrs) or high (4-6). It's up to you. The longer it cooks the better, but since the meat is cooked, you just need it to cook till the beans are tender and everything is really hot. Serve w/ cheddar cheese, sour cream and Fritos.

I agree with the Taco Soup. My recipe is a little different though.Taco Soup1 lb. browned ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch seasoning
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can corn
1 can italian cut green beans
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 can stewed tomatoes (cut into bite size pieces)Just dump all the cans into your crock pot with the liquid (except for the black beans) and then add a can of water. Add the seasonings and ground beef. Cook until nice and hot. The longer it cooks the better. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and corn bread.Its better the next day. :)

1. What are some easy crock pot recipes?

Some easy crock pot recipes that are popular among Pampered Chef customers include slow cooker chicken tacos, beef stroganoff, and slow cooker chili.

2. Can I find healthy crock pot recipes?

Yes, we offer a variety of healthy crock pot recipes that are perfect for those looking to maintain a balanced diet. Some options include slow cooker vegetable soup, turkey meatballs, and vegetarian chili.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan crock pot recipes available?

Absolutely! We understand the importance of catering to various dietary restrictions. Our collection includes delicious vegetarian and vegan options such as slow cooker lentil curry, vegetable lasagna, and black bean and sweet potato chili.

4. How can I adapt a regular recipe to be cooked in a crock pot?

Adapting a regular recipe to be cooked in a crock pot is fairly simple. Just make sure to adjust cooking times and temperatures accordingly. Generally, cooking in a crock pot takes longer than cooking on the stovetop or in the oven. You may also need to add more liquid to the recipe to prevent it from drying out.

5. Can I find dessert recipes for the crock pot?

Yes, you can! Crock pot desserts are becoming increasingly popular and we have a variety of delicious options available. Some popular choices include slow cooker apple crisp, chocolate lava cake, and peach cobbler.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chezshelly
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76