• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe

• Pampered Chef Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub• Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub• Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning Mix• Kitchen Spritzer• Professional Shears• Small Mix n Scraper• Stainless Steel Whisk• Small Stainless Steel Bowl• Stainless Steel Mesh Stirrer• V-Blade of Ultimate Mandoline• Kitchen Spritzer• Water Basket• Wooden Spoon
KayPT
This recipe is in my e-mail which is not accessible right now and I wanted to make it for dinner. Does anyone have this recipe? It has chicken, chips, lettuce, and an awesome sounding dressing. Thanks!!

Thanks Chris!

I have never done this recipe but I am now....it sounds fabulous and feeds a crowd. Thank you for asking and thank you for posting the recipe. :chef:

you're welcome! My director passed it along to our cluster.

Great, thanks! We made it and it was awesome!!!

I would love to have this recipe, but for some reason, I can't open it.

SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN SALAD
Ingredients:
1 ½ cups ranch salad dressing = a 16 ounce bottle
1 fresh jalapeno pepper
1 lime, cut in half
4 tsp. taco seasoning mix
1 small yellow or red onion
1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 clove fresh garlic
1 head iceberg, green leaf, or romaine lettuce
3 Roma tomatoes
1 fresh cucumber
1 green bell pepper
1 can (14 ounces) black beans
1 block (8 ounces) cheddar cheese
1 bag tortilla chips
Pampered Chef Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub
Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub
Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning Mix
Instructions:
(Dressing)
• Measure salad dressing with Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup.
• Cut jalapeno at each end and lengthwise. Remove seeds and membrane using Core ‘n More.
• Chop extremely finely with Food Chopper. Add to ranch dressing.
• Cut lime in half. Juice half the lime using Citrus Press.
• Add taco seasoning mix and lime juice to ranch.
• Whisk well with Stainless Steel Whisk.
(Chicken)
• Spritz Deep Covered Baker with olive oil using Kitchen Spritzer.
• Cut onion into large chunks. Spread evenly over bottom of Baker.
• Lay chicken on top of onions.
• Press 1 clove garlic on top of onions and chicken using Garlic Press.
• Press ½ lime over chicken using Citrus Press.
• First sprinkle Pampered Chef Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub on top of chicken, followed by a light
dusting of Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub, and finish with a heavy sprinkle of Pampered Chef
Southwestern Seasoning Mix.
• Cover and microwave on high for 12 minutes or until chicken is done.
• Chop well using Salad Choppers.
(Salad)
• Cut lettuce using Salad Choppers.
• Rinse lettuce well in basket of Salad & Berry Spinner. Spin excess water out in Spinner.
• Place on Large Bamboo Platter.
• Use the crinkle cut blade on Ultimate Mandoline with the cucumber. Add all slice cucumber to lettuce.
• Slice tomatoes using V-Blade of Ultimate Mandoline OR the Color Coated Tomato Knife and place
tomatoes on top of cucumbers.
• Cut bell pepper using Chef’s Color Coated Knife or 5” Utility Forged Knife. Dice and put on top of
tomatoes.
• Open beans with Smooth Edge Can Opener. Drain and rinse using Can Strainer. Add to salad.
• Lightly crush tortillas in your hand and cover salad very heavily with tortilla chips. (You are making a
“barrier” between the cold, crisp salad and the warm chicken and cheese.)
• Cover tortillas evenly with chicken. “Drain” it with your Small Mix n Scraper by pushing each spoonful
on the side of the Baker.
• Cover chicken evenly with reserved cheese. Serve with dressing on the side

SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN SALAD
SHOW OUTLINE
INGREDIENTS:
1 ½ cups ranch salad dressing = a 16 ounce bottle
1 fresh jalapeno pepper
1 lime
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 small yellow or red onion
1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 head fresh garlic
1 head iceberg, green leaf, or romaine lettuce
3 Roma tomatoes
1 fresh cucumber
1 green bell pepper
1 can (14 ounces) black beans
1 block (8 ounces) cheddar cheese (in the block, not pre-shredded, not Velveeta)
1 bag tortilla chips
Pampered Chef Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub
Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub
Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning Mix
BEFORE THE SHOW:
1. Wash chicken and vegetables if host has not done so yet.
2. Prepare the dressing.
a. Pour ranch into Easy Read Measuring Cup 4-Cup, Small Batter Bowl, or Small Stainless
Steel Bowl.
b. Pour ½ - ¾ package seasoning mix in and stir with Stainless Steel Whisk.
3. Pour about 1 tablespoon oil into bottom of Deep Covered Baker.
4. Chunk onion and put in Baker.
5. Trim fat off chicken with Professional Shears and lay chicken on top of onions in Baker, put lid
on Baker, and set aside.
6. Cut lettuce with Salad Choppers and put into Salad & Berry Spinner. Put lid on and set aside.
7. Cut cucumber into large pieces, ready for use on Ultimate Mandoline. Set aside.
8. Open black beans with Smooth Edge Can Opener. Drain well and rinse well using Can
Strainer. Leave beans in can, rinse lid, return lid to can, and set aside.
9. Grate ½ block of cheese, set aside another block to grate during show, and set aside.
LIST OF TOOLS:
• Can Strainer OR Stainless Steel Mesh
Colanders
• Citrus Press
• Color Coated Tomato Knife OR Chef’s Color
Coated Knife OR 5” Utility Forged Knife
• Core n More
• Cutting Board
• Deep Covered Baker
• Easy Read Measuring Cup 4-Cup OR Small
Batter Bowl OR Small Stainless Steel Bowl
• Food Chopper
• Garlic Press OR Garlic Peeler/Garlic Slicer
• Large Collapsible Bowl OR Large Bamboo
Bowl OR Large Bamboo Platter
• Oven Mitt/Pad
• Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub
• Pampered Chef Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic
Rub
• Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning Mix
• Professional Shears
• Rotary Grater
• Salad & Berry Spinner
• Salad Choppers
• Small Bamboo Bowl with Small Bamboo
Spoon
• Small Mix n Scraper
• Smooth Edge Can Opener
• Stackable Cooling Rack
• Stainless Steel Whisk
• Ultimate Mandoline
DURING THE SHOW:
1. Start with salad. Introduce Salad Choppers and explain how you used them to cut the lettuce.
Rinse lettuce well and spin and drain, about 3 times, giving full explanation of Salad Spinner.
2. Put lettuce into Large Collapsible Bowl, Large Bamboo Bowl, or Large Bamboo Platter.
3. Show crinkle cut blade on Ultimate Mandoline with the cucumber. Add all slice cucumber to
lettuce.
4. Slice tomatoes using V-Blade of Ultimate Mandoline OR the Color Coated Tomato Knife,
explaining why to use a tomato knife versus another knife. Place tomatoes on top of cucumbers.
5. Cut bell pepper using Chef’s Color Coated Knife or 5” Utility Forged Knife. Dice and put on top
of tomatoes.
6. Show Smooth Edge Can Opener and Can Strainer and pour beans over vegetables on salad.
7. Lightly crush tortillas in your hand and cover salad very heavily with tortilla chips. (You are
making a “barrier” between the cold, crisp salad and the warm chicken and cheese.)
8. Show Rotary Grater and grate rest of cheese and set aside to add to salad at the end.
9. Now make the salad dressing. Show dressing in bowl of choice.
10. Cut open jalapeno pepper, show Core n More to remove membrane, and then chop very
finely with Food Chopper. Add to dressing.
11. Cut lime in half and press half of lime with Citrus Press into dressing.
12. Immediately press other half of lime over chicken in baker.
13. Now whisk the salad dressing, giving tips on the Stainless Steel Whisk. Set aside.
14. Now move on to the chicken in the Baker. Press garlic with Garlic Press OR remove skin
with Garlic Peeler and slice with Garlic Slicer right on top of the chicken in the Baker.
15. Now teach about mixing spices. First sprinkle Pampered Chef Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub on
top of chicken, followed by a light dusting of Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub, and finish with a heavy
sprinkle of Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning Mix.
16. Put the lid on the Baker, put in the microwave for 14 minutes, and use this time to explain
everything about the Baker.
17. Remove Baker from microwave. Check chicken for doneness by cutting into thickest
chicken and looking for all white center.
18. Chop chicken using Salad Choppers.
19. Cover tortillas evenly with chicken. “Drain” it with your Small Mix n Scraper by pushing
each spoonful on the side of the Baker.
20. Cover chicken evenly with reserved cheese.
21. Serve salad dressing on the side from bowl or Small Bamboo Bowl with Small Bamboo
Spoon. Prepared by Robin House, Executive Director

fifiplc said:
I would love to have this recipe, but for some reason, I can't open it.[/QUOTE

As mentioned in a previous thread of mine, after 5 years I all of a sudden can't open documents on here either, pdf or word. Someone in the thread suggested I click on it and then save rather than open and then open that way and it works! Try it, it may help you too. That's what I just did for the two shared here and then copied and pasted for you :)

fifiplc said:
I would love to have this recipe, but for some reason, I can't open it.

As mentioned in a previous thread of mine, after 5 years I all of a sudden can't open documents on here either, pdf or word. Someone in the thread suggested I click on it and then save rather than open and then open that way and it works! Try it, it may help you too. That's what I just did for the two shared here and then copied and pasted for you

okay, this looks fantastic, we are having this for dinner tomorrow--Thanks so much!For shows, I know my friends would love this. I tried to figure out how to make it with the new consultant kit...What do you do when you don't have a tool? Do you use a non-PC version? Some things, like the citrus press, you can use another PC tool, like the whisk for the citrus press. But what about the can opener? Or the salad spinner? I do have a lot of tools I had before the kit, but not those.Marghi

BlueMoon said:
okay, this looks fantastic, we are having this for dinner tomorrow--Thanks so much!

For shows, I know my friends would love this. I tried to figure out how to make it with the new consultant kit...What do you do when you don't have a tool? Do you use a non-PC version? Some things, like the citrus press, you can use another PC tool, like the whisk for the citrus press. But what about the can opener? Or the salad spinner? I do have a lot of tools I had before the kit, but not those.

Marghi

Marghi, in an instance like that, I would make those steps part of my pre-prep, and not part of the demo. Especially with the 2 you mention in this recipe, it would be easy to do.

What are the ingredients needed for the Southwest Chicken Salad?

The ingredients for the Southwest Chicken Salad are diced chicken breast, black beans, corn, bell peppers, red onions, avocado, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, romaine lettuce, and a Southwest dressing.

Do I need to cook the chicken before adding it to the salad?

Yes, the chicken should be cooked and diced before adding it to the salad. You can either grill, bake, or use precooked chicken for this recipe.

Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the recipe?

Yes, you can customize the salad to your liking and substitute any of the ingredients. For example, you can use quinoa instead of chicken for a vegetarian option.

How long does the Southwest Chicken Salad last in the fridge?

The salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. However, we recommend adding the avocado and dressing right before serving to keep the salad fresh.

Can I make the Southwest Chicken Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare all the ingredients ahead of time and store them separately in the fridge. When you're ready to serve, simply mix all the ingredients together and add the dressing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sabrina oden
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • chef131doreen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • JennyJennJen