• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Shrimp Recipe Recommendations...

In summary, this recipe calls for a soy sauce, vinegar, honey, olive oil and garlic mix, ginger root, salt and pepper mixture to be mixed together before being poured over the fish and then simmered until reduced. The fish is then cooked in a pan with some of this marinade before being served with the remaining sauce.
angmillar
I have a host that only eats seafood and has asked for a good seafood recommendation...
She asked about making a taco ring with shrimp, but that just does not sound good to me.

I'm a vegetarian, and hubby is TDY this week, so I don't have a taste tester. :)

Shrimp wonton cups?
Shrimp stuffed portobello mushrooms?
Others?

Thanks, friends!

the Shrimp Wonton Cups are fabulous.

Also - as a main dish suggestion - Do you have the "It's Good For You" cookbook? The Shrimp & Pasta dish in there is wonderful. It's a healthier version of Shrimp Alfredo w/ tomatoes and basil. It's a favorite meal here, and I've often thought it would be a great demo if someone wanted to spring for shrimp for their demo! :D:chef:

Thanks, Becky!I don't have the "It's Good for You" cookbook, but I'll do some online research to see if I can find that recipe. :)

Chipotle Shrimp Scampi in the 29 Minutes to Dinner, Volume 2 is delicious!

Theres the Citrus Shrimp and Asparagus in the grill it quick book. i'm not sure if that's the name of it.

These are really good and impressive!The Pampered Chef ®
Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups
RecipeTortilla Cups
6 (11-inch) flour tortillas
2 teaspoons vegetable oil Sour Cream Filling and Ceviche
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime
1/2 cup sour cream
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
8 ounces cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
1/2 medium red bell pepper
1 serrano pepper, seeded
1/3 cup finely chopped seedless cucumber
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
Additional cilantro sprigs for garnish (optional)
Cucumber Fan (optional) Preheat oven to 350°F. For tortilla cups, using Pizza Cutter, trim tortillas to form six 6-inch squares. Cut each square into quarters for a total of twenty-four 3-inch squares. Make a 1-inch cut from each corner toward the center of each square. Brush both sides of each tortilla square with oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Press squares into bottom of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan using Mini-Tart Shaper. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Remove from oven.For sour cream filling, finely chop cilantro using Pizza Cutter. Zest lime using Microplane® Adjustable Grater. In Prep Bowl, combine cilantro, lime zest, sour cream, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt; mix well and set aside.For ceviche, coarsely chop shrimp and finely chop bell pepper, serrano pepper and cucumber using Utility Knife; pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Finely chop onion using Food Chopper. Juice lime to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Combine shrimp, peppers, cucumber, onion, lime juice and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper®.Spoon sour cream filling into resealable plastic bag; trim corner using Utility Knife to allow filling to flow through. Pipe filling into cups; top with ceviche using Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon. Garnish with additional cilantro sprigs, if desired.Yield: 24 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 50, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat .5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 80 mg, Fiber 0 gCook's Tip: These tortilla cups can be filled with other fillings such as chicken, tuna or egg salad; cooked taco meat topped with shredded cheese; hummus topped with finely diced red bell pepper or ripe olives; or guacamole topped with salsa and/or sour cream. © 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

wadesgirl, those are good. I made them as a demo for a show once.

These are all great suggestions. I have one to add. It's not a PC recipe but I use several products when I make it.

In our grocer they have packaged Mahi Mahi and I got the recipe from the package. I'm sure that this sauce would be good with any mild fish though.

Asian Ginger Marinade

3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tsp olive oil
3 Tbsp honey
1 tsp grated fresh ginger root
salt & pepper

Measure soy sauce, vinegar, oil and honey with measuring spoon set and pour each into 2 cup prep bowl. Press garlic with garlic press. Peel ginger root with serrated peeler and grate it with the microplane. Mix all ingredients well with the mini-whisk.

Season fish with salt and pepper. Place fish and marinade in a bowl (can use a stone or whatever SA or bamboo pieces you have that the fish fit in). Refrigerate 20 minutes, turning fish once. Using our cookware saute the fish 4-6 minutes on each side until flaky. I turn it with the chef's tongs. Remove fish to SA serving plate, keep warm. Pour remaining marinade into pan, bring to boil to reduce and thicken to create a glaze. Drizzle over fish to serve.

I serve it with rice usually (rice cooker) and vegetables (microcooker).

I LOVE this RECIPE!!!!!

this recipe in our It's Good For You cookbook...HTH

3/4 lb uncooked shell-on medium shrimp (abut 20-30), peeled, deveined and tails removed
3/4 cup coarsely chopped carrots (2 medium)
2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
1/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
8 oz. uncooked linguine
1 tsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1/4 cup snipped fresh basil leaves
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
Additional grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)

1. Peel and devein shrimp; remove tails. Coarsely chop carrots using Food Chopper. Dice tomatoes and slice green onions using Chef's Knife. Grate Parmesan cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater.

2. Cook pasta according to package directions in Professional (4 qt) Casserole; drain. Return pasta to casserole; cover and keep warm.

3. Meanwhile, heat oil in large (10-in.) Saute Pan. Add shrimp, carrots and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Cook and stir over medium heat 3-4 minutes or just until shrimp turns pink; remove from skillet and keep warm.

4. Gently heat sour cream and evaporated milk in same skillet over low heat whisking with Nylon Spiral Whisk (Do not boil). Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add shrimp mixture, tomatoes, green onions, basil, salt and black pepper; mix gently. Pour shrimp and vegetable mixture over pasta; toss gently to coat. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.

Yield: 4 servings

* Frozen shrimp can be substituted for the fresh shrimp, if desired. Simply thaw the shrimp and proceed as recipe directs.

* Fettuccine can be substituted for the linguine, if desired.

Wow, Friends... LOTS of good recipes. Thank you so much!I'm going to try some of these for hubby next week, especially Beth's Mahi Mahi one.

angmillar said:
Wow, Friends... LOTS of good recipes. Thank you so much!

I'm going to try some of these for hubby next week, especially Beth's Mahi Mahi one.

It's so good! Funny, I just noticed that you asked for SHRIMP recipes. DUH! I thought it said "seafood". Oh, well. Glad you think you'll like it! It is SOOOO yummy!

1. What are some easy shrimp recipes for beginners?

Some easy shrimp recipes for beginners include shrimp scampi, shrimp stir fry, shrimp tacos, shrimp and pasta dishes, and shrimp skewers on the grill.

2. Are there any healthy shrimp recipes?

Yes, there are many healthy shrimp recipes. Some options include shrimp and vegetable stir fry, grilled shrimp and avocado salad, shrimp and quinoa bowls, and shrimp and zucchini noodles.

3. How do I know when shrimp is fully cooked?

Fully cooked shrimp will turn pink and opaque. It should also be firm to the touch and have a slightly curled shape. Avoid overcooking shrimp, as it can become tough and rubbery.

4. Can I substitute shrimp in a recipe that calls for another type of seafood?

Yes, shrimp can often be substituted in recipes that call for other types of seafood. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as shrimp cooks faster than most other types of seafood.

5. What are some creative ways to use shrimp in recipes?

Some creative ways to use shrimp in recipes include adding it to a creamy risotto, incorporating it into a hearty gumbo, serving it on top of a homemade pizza, or mixing it into a spicy shrimp and grits dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • bbauman07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janel kelly
  • ChefBeckyD