• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are There Other Items With Limited Guarantee?

In summary, there is a limited guarantee for certain items in the catalog, specifically the Dots Stemware and Holiday Plates. Customers can return these items within 30 days if they are defective, damaged during shipping, or unsatisfied. However, there is no warranty beyond that time period. This may be due to the delicate nature of the items, such as the painting on them. Some consultants are disappointed with this change and are concerned about potential issues with customers expecting a longer warranty. Others are still excited about the new products and plan to market them positively. The reason for the limited warranty is because glass items are more likely to break. Consultants will need to inform customers about the limited warranty and make sure they open and check the products right away
NooraK
Gold Member
I searched, but didn't see another thread about this yet.

I was reading my Special Edition Consultant News, and saw in there a paragraph about certain items having a Limited Guarantee. From what I understand, a customer may return these items within the first 30 days if they are defective, damaged in shipping, or the customer is not satisfied, but beyond that, they cannot return them.

The only two items I found in the new catalog with this Limited Guarantee are the Dots Stemware and the Holiday Plates. Are there any other items? :confused: Or is this because they're such thin glass that breakage is almost expected?

I guess this means we can no longer say "Everything in the catalog has at least a one year guarantee." :(

Yes, I am very disappointed in this. No matter what we say at a show, they will assume they have that longer warranty on them and I can envision many issues with these down the road. If something happens within that year of time that other products have, us being called and them expecting to get a replacement. There's also not much I could find about the LTD warranty in the catalog. Did I miss it anywhere?
God bless,
Amanda

I noticed this while we were at conference and we were looking at the catalog. I am figuring that the stemware and the holiday plates are limited because of the painting on them. I bet that the paint will come off after a while and they would probably break pretty easily.

I was wondering what this meant as well. Maybe we can email HO and they can explain it.

I cringed when hearing this too. One of the things that easily separates our products from any old 'dollar store find' is our warranty and our quality. This comes into question with the new limited warranty deal. I don't know... I personally not seeing myself play up these items, mostly because of it. Most likely the limited warranty is because it's a limited timed item? Will fade out with the Spring/Summer catalog? Just guessing... I'm also guessing I won't be selling very many of them.

I'd put a bet on the holiday plates are gone as of Spring as with the glasses unless they are a huge hit. Wine glasses are easy to break vs a stone. There is no way with the glass to see if it broke via dropping it or defect. Thats why I'm thinking there is only the 30day return policy. I don't use my wine glasses much so I'm spliting a box of the new stemware with another consultant as I don't need 4...heck I really don't need 2 but its ok.

I don't feel right about the policy but if my hunch is right, I agree with it.

The 30 day warranty is still better than any other store where you'd go buy stemware or plates. It's harder to warranty glass than other sturdier things.
Don't get negative about it---that's when your customers will! If you approach it positively, then so will they.

I am very excited about the Stemware!! Even with the limited time guarantee. I think they will go over very well. I have a couple customers who have all the dots and they are going to love this new edition! I want them for myself also. I don't have any wine glasses and haven't gotten any b/c I couldn't find any I liked, now I don't have to look anymore. :D:D:D
I am just going to point out and talk up the fact that you couldn't get any guarantee from stores, so our 30 days is great!!

My director actually asked somebody from the home office about this at conference. It is because the stemware and plates are glass and are more likely to break. So we are going to have to make sure that we call the customers that purchase these items and have them open and check the products right away, especially if it is a gift that won't be given right away. It kind of stinks but there isn't much we can do about it. And like somebody else mentioned at least there is still some sort of warranty. We definietly need to let our customers know about this limited warranty, which will be hard to remember cause I always say that all of our products have at least a 1yr warranty

I agree about remembering not to say all our products have at least a 1 year guarantee. Also the "thank you" letters will have to be changed.

Are There Other Items With Limited Guarantee?

Yes, there are other items with a limited guarantee. Pampered Chef offers a limited guarantee on all of our products to ensure customer satisfaction.

What does the limited guarantee cover?

The limited guarantee covers any defects in materials or workmanship for a specific period of time, usually one year. This includes items that are damaged during normal use.

How do I make a claim under the limited guarantee?

If you believe your item is covered under the limited guarantee, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-000-0000. They will be able to assist you with making a claim and getting a replacement or refund.

Can I purchase an extended guarantee for my items?

No, we do not offer extended guarantees for our products. However, if you experience any issues with your item after the limited guarantee period, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Are there any exclusions to the limited guarantee?

The limited guarantee does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse, or accidental damage. It also does not cover items that have been altered or modified in any way. Please refer to our terms and conditions for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Candi_f
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies