• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does the Lifetime Warranty Cover Non-Stick Issues on Pampered Chef Cookware?

In summary, a consultant is discussing with fellow consultants about a customer's concerns regarding her Executive Stir Fry Skillet, which she received as a bridal shower gift 6 years ago. The customer believes that the skillet has lost its non-stick coating and is wondering if the lifetime warranty covers this issue. The consultant suggests that if the skillet was part of a host's order, the customer can get a replacement if she knows the name on the order. The consultant also mentions that the cookware 6 years ago was Generation II, which did not have a lifetime warranty. The consultant advises the customer to check the bottom of the pan for any labeling to determine if it is covered under the warranty. Other consultants share their experiences with similar issues and
KimoMakano
Gold Member
I have a question.
I have a customer who just placed a good catalog show and bought an Executive Stir Fry Skillet. She says that she has one she got 6 years ago for her bridal shower.
She asked me if the lifetime warranty covers the issue that it has "lost" it's non-stickiness (sp?). I believe her that it was not mis-used. Is this covered?

Another problem she has is that she got it as a bridal shower gift and has no receipt and is not sure who the consultant was. We are working on that part but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the cookware 6 years ago was Generation II, which did not have a lifetime warranty. As for the receipt, if she has the name of the host (which might have been listed as her) and the state, the HO should be able to help. It might be easiest if she calls, though. It would save some back and forth calls.

Does she know who bought it for her or was it part of the host's order? Was her name used as the host? There's probably not a way to get a replacement if she doesn't know the name on the order for the item. If she does figure out the name on the receipt, do an adjustment. I just did an adjustment through e-mail the other day for the same thing only the 12" Exec Skillet. I also gave the customer "tips" on the proper way to use the cookware just in case.

I'm guessing it was Gen II as well. That had just a 2 year guarantee.

The Professional wasn't around 6 years ago? I wasn't in PC 6 years ago due to taking a break, so I don't know when Prof was around.

Have the customer look at the bottom of the pan at the impression. I know the Professional Cookware is labeled. I am not sure about the Generation II. I am like everyone else about the timing of the Professional.

Professional came out in fall 2000

I just did a return with the same problem exactly!! Skillet for six years ago lost its not stick coating. HO sent out a replacement before my customer had even mailed the other one back. As long as you find the receipt info i wouldn't think you would have a problem with the return.

Thanks everyone. I have asked her to check the bottom of the pan. She was the one who mentioned the lifetime warranty so I am thinking either it is the Professional or someone misled her.
I will keep you posted.
Thanks again.

KimoMakano said:
Thanks everyone. I have asked her to check the bottom of the pan. She was the one who mentioned the lifetime warranty so I am thinking either it is the Professional or someone misled her.
I will keep you posted.
Thanks again.

Alot of customers incorrectly assume that all of our products have a lifetime warranty. I had a guest think that at a show this weekend.

Executive cookware came out in 2007. I know because fall 07 was my first catalog and professional was being phased out.

esavvymom said:
Alot of customers incorrectly assume that all of our products have a lifetime warranty. I had a guest think that at a show this weekend.

Alot of times the guests are chattering amongst themselves and only hear the words "lifetime warranty" when we are talking about forged cutlery or cookware, but that's all they hear. Or perhaps they remember Tupperware from the early days, and figure that since we do home parties too, we would have the same guarantee. I had a guest that wanted to give me her Kitchen Spritzer that no longer worked so that I can exchange it for a new one. It was about 8 years old!

Aloha,
Finally got around to getting to my friend's house to look at the pan.
Sure enough it doesn't say waht model it is on the bottom.
All it says is The Pampered Chef and Made in Thailand.
At this point I am thinking it does NOT have a lifetime warranty.

Does it say "HO" and a number on the bottom? I was told by HO that Gen II was the only line that did not have the name of the line on the bottom of the pans. Not sure that's completely accurate, but that's what I was told.

I had a host with a broken griddle pan and all it said on the bottoms besides The Pampered Chef was HO97. As soon as I said that the HO rep said that it was Gen II.

KimoMakano said:
Aloha,
Finally got around to getting to my friend's house to look at the pan.
Sure enough it doesn't say waht model it is on the bottom.
All it says is The Pampered Chef and Made in Thailand.
At this point I am thinking it does NOT have a lifetime warranty.

That is Generation II.... I have the 1 qt. pot from when I started in 05 & thats what it says on the bottom...HTH

1. What does the Lifetime Warranty on Cookware cover?

The Lifetime Warranty on Cookware covers any defects in materials or workmanship for the lifetime of the product. This includes issues such as warping, cracking, or peeling of the cookware.

2. Is the Lifetime Warranty transferable?

No, the Lifetime Warranty on Cookware is only valid for the original purchaser and cannot be transferred to another person.

3. What is considered normal wear and tear and is not covered by the Lifetime Warranty?

Normal wear and tear includes scratches, stains, discoloration, and damage caused by improper use or care of the cookware. These issues are not covered by the Lifetime Warranty.

4. How do I make a warranty claim?

If you believe your cookware is covered under the Lifetime Warranty, please contact our Customer Service team. You will need to provide proof of purchase and a description of the issue with the cookware.

5. Is the Lifetime Warranty valid for all Pampered Chef cookware?

Yes, the Lifetime Warranty applies to all Pampered Chef cookware, including nonstick, stainless steel, and cast iron products. Please note that the warranty does not cover items that are discontinued or no longer available for sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies