• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Normal Wear and Tear Covered Under Lifetime Cookware Guarantees?

In summary, the conversation was about the newswire discussing the Lifetime Guarantee on cookware and how people have been getting replacements for products that do not fall under the guarantee. The group also discussed what would happen if the non-stick finish starts to wear off after 10 years and if that would be considered normal wear and tear or a manufacturing defect. They also talked about returning damaged cookware and how it will now be inspected to determine if it falls under the guarantee or not. The conversation also touched on the importance of understanding and communicating the Lifetime Guarantee to customers.
chefsteph07 said:
Amanda, where were the pics? I must have missed that.

If you go to the email, and click on each specific reason why something won't be replaced, there is a picture for example. Each one is very extreme.

Ok, I just saw the pics, did anyone notice that on all the pics except the handle in the abuse part, all the cookware seemed to be from the Professional line (except for the stainless pan)

I would like to see some extreme pics from the executive line. like the nonstick peeling.

When I hear "Lifetime Warranty", I think of it lasting a lifetime. If after 10 years of normal using and not abusing it it starts to have issues then I expect the company to uphold the lifetime warranty due to the simply fact of when I bought it I was told it would last me a lifetime. I am a new consultant and I am very reluctant to now push the cookware. I would feel that I am lieing to them since normal wear and tear is not covered. I currently have Emeril cookware and cast iron skillets and I was thinking of buying the nonstick skillets from PC but after reading the newswire I have decided that I am not going to be investing into it because it would not be worth the money for me.

Rose

Rose, it's definitely worth the money!
I've had the exec since it came out and have had no problems with it, except for that 8 in skillet I spoke of previously. I have never had a pan perform so well!
However, as you stated about having it for ten years or more and wanting a replacement for some peeling or nonstick coating coming off, that's what I worry about.

chefsteph07 said:
Rose, it's definitely worth the money!
I've had the exec since it came out and have had no problems with it, except for that 8 in skillet I spoke of previously. I have never had a pan perform so well!
However, as you stated about having it for ten years or more and wanting a replacement for some peeling or nonstick coating coming off, that's what I worry about.

That is what I am worried about. I cook ALOT so I know that I would be one of the ones compaining if after 5-10 years my stuff starting peeling and was told it would not be replaced.

Rose

You are right If they are going to change the return policy then they NEED TO STICK TO THE OLD POLICY FOR THE PANS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN SOLD. Alot of coments have been from new consultants that may not have sold thousands of dollars worth of pans yet, Us older consultants that have been selling cookware for 9 years have been trained that guests can WILL the pans to there kids never need to buy another pan again .

The tapes I have been relistening to have even taken a metel knife and scrached the grill pan and said don't worry if I scrached it you will get a new on ( with HO people in the right there listening to the same thing )

What do I tell a costomer that bought 500.00 worth of pans 8 years ago that needs to replace one of them ???? I just know the convesation is going to be hard to explain after I have told her they ate lifetime pans

Are you saying we have no idea what we're talking about? Just because I haven't sold thousands of dollars worth of pans does NOT mean I'm ignorant. I've lived a life as well and I feel like I've been educated enough to have a solid opinion about this subject. Don't forget, many new consultants still have those training calls/tapes/sessions still fresh in their minds.;)

chef131doreen said:
You are right If they are going to change the return policy then they NEED TO STICK TO THE OLD POLICY FOR THE PANS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN SOLD. Alot of coments have been from new consultants that may not have sold thousands of dollars worth of pans yet, Us older consultants that have been selling cookware for 9 years have been trained that guests can WILL the pans to there kids never need to buy another pan again .

The tapes I have been relistening to have even taken a metel knife and scrached the grill pan and said don't worry if I scrached it you will get a new on ( with HO people in the right there listening to the same thing )

What do I tell a costomer that bought 500.00 worth of pans 8 years ago that needs to replace one of them ???? I just know the convesation is going to be hard to explain after I have told her they ate lifetime pans

ShelbyMichalek said:
Are you saying we have no idea what we're talking about? Just because I haven't sold thousands of dollars worth of pans does NOT mean I'm ignorant. I've lived a life as well and I feel like I've been educated enough to have a solid opinion about this subject. Don't forget, many new consultants still have those training calls/tapes/sessions still fresh in their minds.;)

Give me a break. She in no way said you were ignorant.

You (like any new consultant) DO NOT have the experience of having sold hundreds of pieces of cookware to people based on the premise and promise that it is the "last cookware you'll ever have to buy, because if anything should happen to it, Pampered Chef will replace it for you." I have literally HUNDREDS of customers who believe they have lifetime warrantied cookware in their kitchens, and yet, they may not. THAT is my reality.

Because you do not have that experience, you cannot understand the frustration of those of us who do have that experience - so even though you have your opinion, it's not based on the same reality we are facing right now.

However, your opinion doesn't give you the right to negate the feelings and frustration that those of us who have been around selling cookware for many years are having with this change right now.

I'm going to educate my guests and past customers on why we have such a great policy and affordable prices. By treating their products normally they will have a lifetime of great cooking. If by some chance there is peeling then the company will easily be able to see a true defect if one should occur. When they ask me for help I'll give them the 1888-our-chef number at let them know that when they call they will be asked these questions:

1. Which piece of cookware?
2. How have you been using it? (Stovetop, oven...campfire?)
3. When did you first notice the problem? (5 years or just the other day)
4. Tell me a bit about how you use it? How you store it? (stacking cookware without protectors or cloths can cause scratching which can lead to peeling)
5. What type of utensils do you use?
6. How do you clean it?

This seems reasonable to me. I'm going to keep a copy of this handy at shows and on my computer. Unfortunately the people who have taken advantage of the generous policy as it's been have made this extra caution a necessity.

Well said Becky!
While new consultants obviously can have an opinion, I think to a newer person it seems an open and shut case, just coming in, you hear from HO "this is the new policy, so get over it" and we are therefore supposed to do just that. Seems easy and cut and dried to a new person. But, Shelby and Dave DO NOT have the time and training invested that we all have after years and hundreds of dollars in cookware to just be told that after all this time of hearing one thing, now things are changed and deal with it.

I think HO owes an explanation to address the daily wear and tear on the cookware that is not as extreme as those pics.

Have you all emailed HO asking them to give us better clarification as to how the guarantee could be considerer "lifetime" with this new policy? The more of us who ask the more likely they will answer.

I have had two customers in the last few weeks with problems. One with the Executive and one with the Stainless.. the one with the executive had never heard of PC until some coworkers talked her into having a party. She did and got the cookware.. She was very worried about what to use in it so I had her buy some bamboo items and the nylon basic tool set.. That is all that she uses and doesn't dishwash it.. It started sticking soo bad she couldn't fry bacon in it.. I gave her some tips on scrubbing it with a paste of baking soda/water and that didn't work so I done an adj. for her.
The company called me when they recieved her skillet saying it was the Professional and she didn't buy that from her show so she must have gotten it at a yard sale. I told the lady no she sent back the exective they argued about it until I got a supervisor.. Then they said well she is probably just saying that.. I told them to call her and get it from her themselves. That I knew she had not gotten it anywhere else and it made me mad that they were being soo difficult and trying to cover up their mistake with the pans.
So far she still has not gotten her old skillet back or a new one.That was a month ago..

I NO WAY said you have no experience at all , what I was saying is that we have hundreds of customers allready that have bought cookware from us and we have to explain a change policy to them when they call to return one.

You get to start fresh with what you say to them now
I am on #680 show now that means if show# 3 wants to return a pan they had the understanding of it being LIFE TIME now what ?

chef131doreen said:
I NO WAY said you have no experience at all , what I was saying is that we have hundreds of customers allready that have bought cookware from us and we have to explain a change policy to them when they call to return one.

You get to start fresh with what you say to them now
I am on #680 show now that means if show# 3 wants to return a pan they had the understanding of it being LIFE TIME now what ?

Exactly! They SHOULD Honor All guests with legitmate exchanges before they changed this policy!:grumpy:

I just received a 10" skillet in the mail that I had mailed to home office. They will not replace it because they said it isn't covered in the warranty -- What?!!! Now, I have to go to my customer, who had bought the whole set and tell her that, "Oh, sorry, I guess it doesn't have a lifetime warranty." What?! I know for one, I will have some very P****d off people! TPC may lose customers over this! I have a couple of pieces myself that need to be replaced and I by no means "abuse" my cookware, if anything I treat it like a baby! This all should be very interesting! ---------

ShelbyMichalek said:
For one, why is an 85 year old woman buying a pan every 6 months? That's not normal. My 89 year old Grandmother has had 3 sets of cookware her entire life and I don't think she ever went out every 6 months to buy another $20 pan.

Second. Not "all of us" are questioning this "new" policy. Not only is it not NEW it is simply being ENFORCED. But I'm not questioning it at all.
Let me ask this. If you were someone up there in charge with HO wouldn't you be really pissed off if someone sent in a pan completely and rudely expecting a replacement when it was obvious they ran it over 40 times? That may seem exaggerated but that is simply the point they are trying to make! They don't want you abusing your products and expecting something in return! They WILL admit when they have a defective product! Since when haven't they? But this is them taking a stand for all the money they've wasted on some careless customers!

Don't blame the Home Office. Blame the people abusing the system.

Totally agree with this. I don't blame HO for starting to reject some of the returns. Some of the things I hear on here just astound me when it comes to returns (like: Just do it online then they won't question why you are returning it). I have had my cookware for over 3 years now and have not had a single problem. I follow the use and care guide to a T.

You know, it really isn't "new". This was how it was stated in the use and care. Even the "normal wear and tear". I didn't question it at first, due to the phrases they have trained us to say in regards to it "lasting" a lifetime and buying with confidence.I just don't understand why they call it a Lifetime guarantee then. I mean, what problem would be covered then that wouldn't be a noticeable problem discovered in the first year? Why give it a Lifetime Guarantee and train us to say it's the last cookware they will ever need to buy, if it WILL wear out some day and they will just say "oh well, that's normal wear and tear!" I think they should stop calling it a Lifetime guarantee. If it's a Lifetime guarantee and they are training us to say the things we've/you've been saying, then they should remove the "wear and tear" category, since that's the only category that doesn't make sense being included.

ChefBeckyD said:
Give me a break. She in no way said you were ignorant.

You (like any new consultant) DO NOT have the experience of having sold hundreds of pieces of cookware to people based on the premise and promise that it is the "last cookware you'll ever have to buy, because if anything should happen to it, Pampered Chef will replace it for you." I have literally HUNDREDS of customers who believe they have lifetime warrantied cookware in their kitchens, and yet, they may not. THAT is my reality.

Because you do not have that experience, you cannot understand the frustration of those of us who do have that experience - so even though you have your opinion, it's not based on the same reality we are facing right now.

However, your opinion doesn't give you the right to negate the feelings and frustration that those of us who have been around selling cookware for many years are having with this change right now.

Actually. The definition of "ignorant" means to be uneducated or inexperienced about a certain subject. Which is exactly what you just said :D

chefsteph07 said:
Well said Becky!
While new consultants obviously can have an opinion, I think to a newer person it seems an open and shut case, just coming in, you hear from HO "this is the new policy, so get over it" and we are therefore supposed to do just that. Seems easy and cut and dried to a new person. But, Shelby and Dave DO NOT have the time and training invested that we all have after years and hundreds of dollars in cookware to just be told that after all this time of hearing one thing, now things are changed and deal with it.

I think HO owes an explanation to address the daily wear and tear on the cookware that is not as extreme as those pics.

How do you know? I can speak for myself, but maybe you should ask Dave BEFORE saying he hasn't invested time or training on this? And speaking of investing time/training.
I've invested PLENTY of time and training on the subject. Just because I haven't sold the cookware, doesn't mean I didn't spend 3 days all but ignoring my son to train myself to do it. Three days is precious time to waste for a mother and her 7 month old son. I, just like you, know exactly how I was trained to sell the cookware.
I also know that I quickly familiarized myself with the gaurantee clause on the back of EVERY order form. Go read it, it's been there forever and it clearly states that it doesn't cover normal wear and tear. Read it, right now. You'll clearly see it.

Until you actually KNOW about a person's life, don't go accusing them of having "no idea" about something.

ok -- I think this thread is becoming a little too personal and getting out of hand. The bad thing about being on here is no one really knows the tone and intention of posts. Please do not get your panties in a tither over posts. Just people expressing views and opinions and asking for ideas. Some people have issues with the cookware policy, some do not. Opinions. I don't think anybody is meaning to step on anybody else's toes here. JMO.

Shelby, you seriously need to chill out!
You just admitted that you haven't sold any but yet you are all over this thread getting snappy w/ everyone because they don't agree w/ you.
I can see in yours and Dave's posts the amt of time you have both been in PC, and that is how I base my opinions about time invested selling and being familiar and by EXPERIENCE with the PRODUCT and HO themselves.
And, previous poster was right...this is becoming WAY too personal.
And you know what they say about opinions.....:rolleyes:

Opinions? No I don't know what they say about Opinions. I do know what they say about Assumptions, though. NEVER make an assumption.

Wow. Just wow.

I'm going to have to delete this thread. I started it so that we could have a productive conversation. I like getting other people's opinions. I think some people are getting a bit too defensive and are lashing out. I'll keep it open for a little while in hopes that we can get this back on track, but if not I'll lock it or delete it.Please keep snide and rude comments to yourself. When you post those things, it's out there for everyone to read and then riles up other people and then next thing you know the mud is slinging. It really makes me sad that we can't treat each other with respect. We all have opinions. Play nice. :)

Well said! We are all on the same team and need to look to each other for support.

That being said......I just got the 7 piece set Executive. I made a skillet cake (yum) and wiped it out with a soft sponge and soapy water.

I looked at the pan and there are swirl scratches all over the inside. :cry:

I have contacted HO. It is crazy! Stay tuned to see what they say/do

Ok, this might be a bit picky, but we have a GUARANTEE not a WARRANTY. What is the difference: A guarantee: * Is usually free
* It’s a promise to sort out any defects with a product or service within a fixed period of time
* It’s a legally binding contract, even if you didn’t pay for it
* It must explain how to go about making a claim in a way that is easy to understand
* It should add to, not take away from, your rights under consumer law
* It works whether or not you have a warranty A warranty: * A warranty is like an insurance policy for which you must pay a premium.
* Sometimes it’s called an ‘extended guarantee’.
* It might cover a longer period than a guarantee, and it might cover a wider range of problems.
* A warranty is a legal contract, so you can take the company to court if they don’t honour it.
* The terms of the contract should be clear and fair.
* Having a warranty doesn’t diminish your rights under consumer law.
* A warranty can run alongside a guarantee.
So, there isn't much of a difference, but some people may think of a warranty differently than a guarantee.That being said, I have some pieces that are flaking around the edges and I do follow all the rules and regs for taking care of them. What I suggest (especially for those who have lots to send back) is to email pictures of the pans to HO before investing in the shipping.And, this is a GREAT reason to call your customers who bought the cookware!!! Let them know that HO has been getting some horribly misused pieces - comon, the one with the food still stuck to it? - returned for the guarantee and you just wanted to make sure that they knew proper "care and feeding" of their cookware. Ask how the cookware is working for them and you might get an order, booking or referral out of it! Let them know that you are available to answer questions on the cookware, too. Maybe even include the pics of the misused cookware in your next enewsletter.Now, I am a bit upset about the "normal wear and tear" clause because I believe that to be new. I'm NOT sure because I HAVE NOT done any research!!! If it is new, I think that is something that needs to be reviewed and possibly changed to a limited lifetime guarantee.When life gives you lemons....call your cookware customers!

Now I'm scared to:A) buy them for myself (it was my goal on how to spend my PC dollars)
or
B) sell them to people at my showsI can say they have a Lifetime Warranty but do they really? (please don't hate on me...ha I'm new (6 weeks in) and I thought lifetime warranty covered everything, as long as you took care of it the way PC intends for you to....) ???

oh yeah...and I thought warranty and guarantee were one in the same...oops..ha :)

Does this policy noted in the US Newswire pertain to the Professional sets too?

Here's the thing - this information has not yet been released in Canada (at least not that I can find). So.....will "it" come to Canada too (and the other PC countries)? I guess we will have to wait and see.

I can tell you as a former host who earned both the 5 & 7 piece sets at my one and only party, I too feel that "Lifetime Warranty" means just that and should absolutely cover "normal" wear & tear. If it doesn't include normal wear & tear, then why would one care if it was a Lifetime Warranty or not? Getting the pots (and with them the LW...as it would be my last set of cookware....yep, my consultant used all the right words!!) was the SOLE purpose of me hosting.

As a consultant, I can absolutely see why this policy notification is sinking like a stone in so many stomachs! For myself, I feel proud whenever I talk about PCs great warranties, return/ exchange policies and how much integrity the company has.

To me, this notification that has been sent out to you all, reads like a change, not a clarification. JMHO

Thank goodness for a site like this....I'll be on the lookout for this policy note in the weeks to come.

D.

I was talking to my DH about this last night and he said when he thinks of a lifetime warranty it means it will be replaced if there is a manufactures defect. And will not be replaced with normal wear and tear.

I have been online all morning trying to find any information about the Use and Care of the Professional cookware. Interestingly, all of the old info that used to pop up is nowhere to be found on consultants corner. It's like they deleted anything after 2008/2009...hmmm

Someone said that we just need to look at the back of our receipt because the information has been there forever. Has it?

I saved all of my product use and care cards for years which is why I knew that when the Professional cookware was introduced it did not say you couldn't put the pans in the dishwasher. It was a year later that rule was added.

Unfortunately I tossed those cards a few years ago.

Does anyone have their Use and Care cards for the Professional Cookware and the Executive Cookware. I'm also looking for receipts for every year since we introduced Lifetime cookware. Having those might answer some of my concerns.

I am fine with the policy for cookware...only if the coating is guarenteed for life with normal use and care.

The only way we can see if this new policy is valid is if we have proof of it with the use and care card and warranty at time of purchase. Like I said finding it on the PC site is impossible and I haven't seen anything on the web.

Please email me so I can get a copy.

I just called and talked to a CSR named Cherita! She was quite rude about the 10" Skillet that I wanted to return for problems. I told her that my daughter had purchased the 7-pc and the 5-pc sets from two different shows where I was the consultant she was the past host in Feb 2008. (They were 60% off each one then.) So she went through this script of questions:How do you clean it? Do you use non-stick spray? What do you use to cook with? I gave all the "right" answers then told her I KNEW the cookware wasn't abused because I live there and know what we use... She gave me the speal about it would be "examined" by their department and determined "if it was a legitimate return"! I have a feeling this is going to be very ugly before it's over with! I for one will be very loud and vocal if they return mine without replacing it!

That is why I really need the copies of the Use and Care and old receipt warranties. Without them we can't do anything. We can see what happens when we have proof that there wasn't anything mentioned about normal usage damaging the finish.

Anyone?

pcchefjane said:
I just called and talked to a CSR named Cherita! She was quite rude about the 10" Skillet that I wanted to return for problems. I told her that my daughter had purchased the 7-pc and the 5-pc sets from two different shows where I was the consultant she was the past host in Feb 2008. (They were 60% off each one then.) So she went through this script of questions:

How do you clean it? Do you use non-stick spray? What do you use to cook with? I gave all the "right" answers then told her I KNEW the cookware wasn't abused because I live there and know what we use... She gave me the speal about it would be "examined" by their department and determined "if it was a legitimate return"! I have a feeling this is going to be very ugly before it's over with! I for one will be very loud and vocal if they return mine without replacing it!

What kind of problems does it have?

Elaine, I'm off to look and see if I kept the use and care cards....

I've got my 12" Executive Skillet Use & Care Card here...I bought it in July 2009.It says:
Cleaning:
- Standard Care - Wash prior to first use. Hand wash only, using hot, soapy water, and nonabrasive sponge or cloth.
- Deep Cleaning (more info on that....)
- Storage - To help reduce scratches on interior and exterior coatings, place paper or soft cloth towels between pans when storing.Cooking
- Stovetop use: Skillet may be used on low, medium, and medium-high heat settings. .....Other than preheating pans for short periods of time, never leave an empty pan on the stove with burner on as it could lead to warping or damage of the nonstick coating.

- Nonstick Sprays and Oil: Do not use nonstick sprays on the cookware as they cause an invisible buildup and impair nonstick coating function. Avoid overheating oils or shortening as they may leave a residue that is difficult to clean and can affect nonstick performance. - Utensils: Do not use metal or sharp-edged utensils which will scratch nonstick surfaces.(More other stuff was listed for Safeguards)LIFETIME GUARANTEE
- Lifetime guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details. The guarantee excludes damage caused by abuse or misuse (such as improper cleaning, overheating, dishwasher cleaning, use of caustic or other unapproved cleaners), ordinary wear and tear, or an act of God.
I'll have to do some more digging to find my Professional cookware cards, but unless they've changed this since they first came out- seems pretty clear to me. I wasn't terribly surprised when I saw the email- because I knew I had read it on the Use card. Don't flame me, but I read mine....it's not our fault if no one bothers to read their warranty.I do think they should change the wording to include "Limited Lifetime".
Anyway- I'm not going to comment further...I've avoided this thread because I knew it would get ugly, and there isn't much I can do about it. In the end, money talks the loudest. If they lose customers over it.... BUT too many customers (we all know we've had them) have abused PC's generous returns. PC is now requiring receipts on everything and enforcing the policies. It may not be popular, but it's not uncommon in the business world we live in.I'm off to read other threads/do other things... Don't flame me- I won't read it ;)

Last edited:
Here's my question:

If I have a piece of Exec cookware that I follow U&C (and believe me, we do here), and after 10 years, it exhibits some wear & tear (worn around the edges, so to speak) - BUT it still FUNCTIONS as it should, then I would have no reason to return it.

BUT - if the non-stick coating starts flaking, or becomes not non-stick...then the pan is not functioning as it should, is that covered? Or is that considered wear & tear?

When I used to but cheap non-stick pans - I was VERY careful with them (no sprays and only safe-utensils) the coating would always come off, or stop working within a few years. I was OK with that since they were cheap pans and I got what I paid for.

But, with the Exec, I feel that Lifetime means it should still function as intended for my Lifetime. So, if it stops being non-stick, (AND I followed U&C) it should be covered. JMO :)

Last edited:
kam said:
But, with the Exec, I feel that Lifetime means it should still function as intended for my Lifetime. So, if it stops being non-stick, (AND I followed U&C) it should be covered. JMO :)

I agree. Why put a lifetime guarantee on a product if you aren't going to uphold it? Lifetime should cover all parts of the pan.. the handle, the pan itself, the coating.. otherwise what is the point of having a lifetime guarantee?

And as for people abusing the system and that is why PC is cracking down on everyone' pan returns now... that is kind of their problem for allowing pans that have been obviously misused (like the ones in the pics they used as examples) to be replaced. Just because they let a whole bunch of replacements go through that shouldn't have, doesn't mean customers WHO ARE taking care of their cookware like they should and are still having issues with it should have to suffer the consequences.

PC is the one who issued a lifetime guarantee on their cookware... if they didn't want to have to deal with replacing them for a lifetime then they should have not guaranteed them for a lifetime.

And has anyone gotten an answer from HO on how long the non-stick coating is supposed to last?? How many years before it peeling and chipping is no longer considered under their guarantee??

Who should we be e-mailing with our concerns about this issue? What e-mail address, any one person in particular, or just the CS department?

Some of our recipes say to spray with non-stick spray in the cookware. So what do we do then??

pcchefjane said:
Some of our recipes say to spray with non-stick spray in the cookware. So what do we do then??
The kitchen spritzer is okay to use. It's just pure oil you put in there. It's the extra ingredients and the propellants or whatever from the non-stick sprays that are what's bad for the non-stick coating.

pcchefjane said:

babywings76 said:
The kitchen spritzer is okay to use. It's just pure oil you put in there. It's the extra ingredients and the propellants or whatever from the non-stick sprays that are what's bad for the non-stick coating.

But the recipes say "non-stick spray" and always reference the cookware as well. So, if we or the customers are following the instructions in OUR cookbooks that say to use non-stick spray in OUR pans, but then that voids the warranty...how confusing is that! As consultants, we may know the difference and to not, but the customers may not!

What a can o worms TPC has opened with this!

Email your concerns (especially the ones with the non-stick spray recipe directions) to [email protected] and [email protected] If anyone else knows an email address for someone in product development or whomever is in charge of return policy, please post it here.

cmdtrgd said:
Email your concerns (especially the ones with the non-stick spray recipe directions) to [email protected] and [email protected] If anyone else knows an email address for someone in product development or whomever is in charge of return policy, please post it here.

Thanks, Kate!

I'm worried. I have my roasting pan that I use all the time that has several spots where the non-stick peeled up. I already put in an adjustment before this notice. I wash correctly, follow all the rules. I guarantee, after spending the big bucks to mail it back, I will be making a call if I get my pan back in the mail.

LIFETIME GUARANTEE
• Backed by a lifetime guarantee for a lifetime of delicious meals

This is what it says on the web-site about Executive cookware
I also just e-mailed the HO

Has anybody heard back anything from an HO email? I sent one requesting more details and clarification on Wednesday, but no word yet...

I posted this under another thread, but realised it should be here, too.

We need to Keep the Faith that Good Will Come out of This

First, I wat to say that any stone that breaks within the first few times being used probably had a hairline fracture that caused it to break so easily. This happen all the time during shipping. I would be on the phone and going to bat about this!

Let's give HO lots of emails and calls. Don't think you can quietly have this happen to your customers that paid good money for their awesome PC products! If policies don't change or you see HO abuse of the policy- then call the DSA because this is not ethical.

When HO called me back on Thursday I told them I called the DSA and was waiting for a call from someone in the Code of Ethics department. I understand why PC is making changes. (It is also why I wrote a much tamer version of my original post.) Pampered Chef has to ease up. They also need to make informative emails available for us to send from our websites to ease customers into this change. I've been asking for this for quite some time. We need something like "Did you know....emails":

"Did you know..

That our stones have a 3 year warranty? And go into details of how to use a stone and how not to use a stone."

That using non-stick sprays on any non-stick surface will ruin the non-stick surface. Tell that all non-stick cookware shouldn't need any oil...and then how to use it without ruining the warranty."

That Spring is a great time to grill! Here are a few safety tips."

Friday I spoke with Mr. Webb from the DSA. I did not file a complaint because I know the company listens to it's consultants. I called to see if what HO is doing with the Professional cookware rejections is ethical. We aren't saying they have to give everyone new products. We are saying they need to honor the warranty that came with the products at the time of sale, and to be clear about the non-stick warranty with normal use and care. I was told that we need the old receipts and use and care cards that were in place when the products were sold.

I don't want hundreds of consultants jumping ship because there is an issue we disagree with...I want my reputation to be unscathed and not be considered a liar when the company I respect rejects a return due to new policy that came out after a purchase.

I have touted this as "The last cookware you'll ever buy." This is how we were trained. I teach everyone how to properly use their cookware.

I repeat - I am fine with denying someone a replacement for an obviously abused product.

I'm not okay with vague answers about whether or not our non-stick cookware will last a lifetime with normal use and care.

I'm not okay with telling someone whose base of the DCB broke when tapped that is too bad. If you want a new one then fork over another $69 to make me richer! What is the 3 year warranty for if not to replace it when hairline fractures occur?! Give the stone the same LTD warranty as the stemware if you are not going to back up your product. No stone should crack when tapped. Same goes with the bar stone. Stoneware is hand made and fragile. Shipping can create stress lines that won't appear until after several uses.

And while I'm on it -there should be a replacement part available for the DCB lid. Even if the color will slightly vary. This is almost a crime that we don't offer this. The lid is constantly removed to check the temperature of food. If my crockpot lid breaks I don't have to buy a new pot. I can buy a lid or the company will offer me a discount on a replacement part.

This company has been an amazing blessing in my life. I roll with the changes...mostly. But, lately, I feel it is about the bottom dollar and not about making a difference in peoples lives like our mission statement says.

I just noticed...the mission statement is not in our catalog! It has been in the catalog since I started going to shows...even last season's catalog had it!

This company can keep doing good like it did for the first 29 years or it can make these kind of changes and go down the toilet. Our customers are smart and buy from us because of our impeccable reputation. If they feel cheated why would they buy again? Why buy Pampered Chef when you can go to William and Sonoma for a lifetime warranty and even Target for a 30 day warranty?

Our mission statement said it all. It's still in the Come Join Us Booklet...
Our Mission
We’re committed to providing
opportunities for individuals to
develop their God-given talents
and skills to their fullest potential
for the benefit of themselves,
their families, our customers and
the company.
We’re dedicated to enhancing
the quality of family life by
providing quality kitchen
products, supported by
service and information for
our Consultants and customers.

So, did Doris's mission change like it says instead on pg 16? There is no mention of enhancing lives with our "quality kitchen products that are supported by service and information for our consultants and customers." I can't imagine it did. I've met her several times and know that she believes the best part of the Pampered Chef is helping others and her mission statement has even been part of my cooking show.

I believe there should be better communication with consultants on how to educate our customers and ourselves on the product changes so we have faith that when we sell a product with a warranty we know that the company will do what it promises.

Please look around...go to your in-laws if you need, to see if we can find old receipts and the use and care cards. Without them we can't make the changes to support our customers...and our reputations.

I have faith that if enough consultants say..."Hey. This isn't right." They will ease up and help the guests that should get their items replaced.

I've decided not to bother to pay to have my roasting pan replaced. There will be no way to support not overheating, etc. I will continue to promote the SS, as I think the non-stick is the issue. It has peeled or chipped on a lot of my pieces. I'm just going to have to look for a SS roaster from another brand.

Costco always has roasters around the holidays. They are less $ than ours and offer a no hassle return.

It was disappointing to read that newsletter. I prefer the SS line and sell it more anyway. But totally agree with most of the previous comments on here.

I will look through my old papers to see if i can dig up something from the prewious years on the warranty.

(Similar thing has happened to the stonware too. Until a couple years ago, we were taught thet they were made of lead free natural clay. These days, if you look it up, this statement is nowhere awailable anymore, even though the material has not changed. I have some old use and care that still states is, but not the current ones. It's disapointing.)

I'm wondering- who came up with the "The last cookware you'll ever need to buy"? Everyone says "how I was trained"...but we all know that sometimes those consultants who trained us, didn't have the answers correctly. How many times have we seen Upper Level Directors who use Facebook, internet, etc as their personal ad for PC- clearly against policy? - They don't always do things correctly just because they are upper levels. Lisa Amblo talks in her cookware-talk about using a metal utensil on the grill pan and so on..."it won't hurt it, so if your husband uses the wrong thing, you're ok". UGH!It's interesting some of the things I've read. I won't be pushing cookware too much, not until I have a better understanding of what's going on and how it will come out in the wash for my customers. If they want it, they'll buy it- and I'll make sure to provide a Special Flyer or print-out of the Use & Care...since we all know how well people read those little cards in the box. HA!

esavvymom said:
I'm wondering- who came up with the "The last cookware you'll ever need to buy"? Everyone says "how I was trained"...but we all know that sometimes those consultants who trained us, didn't have the answers correctly. How many times have we seen Upper Level Directors who use Facebook, internet, etc as their personal ad for PC- clearly against policy? - They don't always do things correctly just because they are upper levels. Lisa Amblo talks in her cookware-talk about using a metal utensil on the grill pan and so on..."it won't hurt it, so if your husband uses the wrong thing, you're ok". UGH!It's interesting some of the things I've read. I won't be pushing cookware too much, not until I have a better understanding of what's going on and how it will come out in the wash for my customers. If they want it, they'll buy it- and I'll make sure to provide a Special Flyer or print-out of the Use & Care...since we all know how well people read those little cards in the box. HA!
But these are statements made by a speaker at a company sponsored training event! I attended some classes at Conference where the speaker said some questionable things. I knew that what they said was incorrect, but what about other newer consultants? If it's incorrect, why did HO choose to have them speak? What the speakers are sharing shouldn't be coming as a surprise to HO, since they are seasoned consultants who had other people listen in and love what they do. And if it did come as a surprise, then that should show HO that they need to pre-approve what exactly the speakers will be saying. And if what they've said was incorrect, then HO should correct them and NOT pick their recordings as one to go on the online training center.

<h2>1. What does the Lifetime Guarantee on Pampered Chef cookware cover?</h2><p>The Lifetime Guarantee covers any defects in materials or workmanship for the lifetime of the product.</p><h2>2. How long is the "lifetime" for cookware covered under the guarantee?</h2><p>The lifetime guarantee lasts for the lifetime of the original purchaser, or for as long as the product is available for purchase by Pampered Chef.</p><h2>3. What is considered "normal wear and tear" for cookware?</h2><p>Normal wear and tear is defined as the expected gradual deterioration of a product over time with regular use. This can include scratches, stains, and minor damage to the non-stick coating.</p><h2>4. Can I get a replacement for my cookware if the non-stick coating starts to peel off after 10 years?</h2><p>If the peeling is a result of a manufacturing defect, you may be eligible for a replacement. However, if it is due to normal wear and tear, it may not be covered under the Lifetime Guarantee.</p><h2>5. How do I file a claim for a replacement under the Lifetime Guarantee?</h2><p>You can contact Pampered Chef's customer service team at 1-888-687-2433 or through their website to file a claim and provide proof of purchase. They will assess the issue and determine if it is covered under the Lifetime Guarantee.</p>

1. What does the Lifetime Guarantee on Pampered Chef cookware cover?

The Lifetime Guarantee covers any defects in materials or workmanship for the lifetime of the product.

2. How long is the "lifetime" for cookware covered under the guarantee?

The lifetime guarantee lasts for the lifetime of the original purchaser, or for as long as the product is available for purchase by Pampered Chef.

3. What is considered "normal wear and tear" for cookware?

Normal wear and tear is defined as the expected gradual deterioration of a product over time with regular use. This can include scratches, stains, and minor damage to the non-stick coating.

4. Can I get a replacement for my cookware if the non-stick coating starts to peel off after 10 years?

If the peeling is a result of a manufacturing defect, you may be eligible for a replacement. However, if it is due to normal wear and tear, it may not be covered under the Lifetime Guarantee.

5. How do I file a claim for a replacement under the Lifetime Guarantee?

You can contact Pampered Chef's customer service team at 1-888-687-2433 or through their website to file a claim and provide proof of purchase. They will assess the issue and determine if it is covered under the Lifetime Guarantee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • flemings99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies