• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jewelry Show on Aug. 2nd: What Do You Like?

In summary, Becky did not like the quality of the jewelry she purchased from Premier Jewelry. The policy is to charge for their "lifetime warranty" to send the product back for replacement. The cost of the replacement would be $5 each even if all the products in the package are sent back. The Lifetime Warranty does not cover wear and tear. Becky refused to pay for the lifetime warranty.
nikki70563
Gold Member
Has anyone had a show? I am doing one on Aug. 2nd. Just wondering what jewelry you like from them?

I've bought several pieces - but won't buy any more.

I've had 3 pieces break...and they charge $5 for their "lifetime warranty" to send them back for replacement. That's $5 each....even if you send them all in the same package. So, what was going to cost me less than $2 to mail would have still cost $15.....I refused to pay.

LOVE IT!

I haven't had a show, but went to several parties. I love the pieces I have. Priced right too!

I don't wear much but have some of the square stud earrings - $19 each originally but I only purchase on the buy 1 regular, get 2 half-off times.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've bought several pieces - but won't buy any more.

I've had 3 pieces break...and they charge $5 for their "lifetime warranty" to send them back for replacement. That's $5 each....even if you send them all in the same package. So, what was going to cost me less than $2 to mail would have still cost $15.....I refused to pay.

Becky,

I have some Premier Jewelry and their policy is the same. I have a necklace that I have wore 5 times and it has tarnished:cry::cry: Makes me so mad!

PCSarahjm said:
Becky,I have some Premier Jewelry and their policy is the same. I have a necklace that I have wore 5 times and it has tarnished:cry::cry: Makes me so mad!
I think that was what angered me. I am not a "jewelry every day" type of person - so I bought these pieces just to wear for shows, and special occasions....I hadn't worn any of them very often when they broke.....and I think it's misleading to say that they have a lifetime warranty - but then tell you that you have to pay for it.:grumpy:

It is like ours though, we have to ship back the product to get a new one on lifetime warranties. Of course, I agree $5.00 for a small item is ridiculous.

I don't own any LS, but have heard stories from another consultant who hosted with them. When her order arrived, much of it was broken. She was very unhappy with the quality.Tupperware has silly Lifetime Guarantee policies as well. I just paid $4.58 in "shipping & Handling" to get a bad lid replaced. the thing weighs just a few ounces!!!Then when it arrived, it's not the same color! GRRRR!!!!

janetupnorth said:
It is like ours though, we have to ship back the product to get a new one on lifetime warranties. Of course, I agree $5.00 for a small item is ridiculous.

Yes - I totally understand having to ship it back. It was the $5 PER ITEM even if shipped together that got me!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes - I totally understand having to ship it back. It was the $5 PER ITEM even if shipped together that got me!

I agree - that is nuts!!!! That is probably their cost of the new necklace! :p

I agree about disliking LS. I will not purchase anything from them again. I'm not an everyday jewelry person either. When I purchased from a friend's show, I didn't get a receipt. The cons. said it would come with the order. It didn't come with the order & I wanted to return a piece. They told me no way because of how long it had been & I didn't have a receipt.

crystalscookingnow said:
I agree about disliking LS. I will not purchase anything from them again. I'm not an everyday jewelry person either. When I purchased from a friend's show, I didn't get a receipt. The cons. said it would come with the order. It didn't come with the order & I wanted to return a piece. They told me no way because of how long it had been & I didn't have a receipt.

I would have had words with their customer service about that!

I had my CC charged twice on my order and it took 6 weeks to clear up - felt sorry for the consultant on that one. I work with her and she did all she could!

Oh, I tried. In the end, I just vowed never to order from them again & will tell everyone that asks me my opinion of LS. What was I to do? They had my money, their policy was in order & I was stuck with what I think looks like a cheap piece of old lady costume jewelry. I really dislike their customer service.

I had a party it wasn't too bad i have a friend who sales it. Some things i like and there are others i find very gotty and big and not appealing at all.

I like most of what I have.

Do not like that I had to pay tax on my FREE stuff.

As a host you pay shipping ($3.80) twice !!! If you get the booking deal where you get a product the night of your show (I think it's anything for 20$)
I think their quality is iffy.... I also do not like some of their policies. Ther garuntee for example.

I know many people that are tired of LS.... How much jewlry do you really need?

I had my show when a friend became an advisor and aslo wanted stuff to wear to shows.

I prefer LS over Premier...that being said, I am a jewelry FREAK and wear my LS stuff alot. I do suggest hosting a show to get as much as you can because then if something does break you don't feel like you are out alot of money when you have to pay $5 per piece to return them!
I have a friend that is an advisor and I question some of the recruiting tactics...they may not be LS tactics, just hers.

I prefer Silpada over LS and Premier - the quality is better (sterling silver, not plated), so even though the price is a little higher, I'm getting nicer stuff. I wear it all the time to work, too, and have quite a few friends who sell it, so we have a little "exchange" going, too. :)

chefmeg said:
I prefer LS over Premier...that being said, I am a jewelry FREAK and wear my LS stuff alot. I do suggest hosting a show to get as much as you can because then if something does break you don't feel like you are out alot of money when you have to pay $5 per piece to return them!
I have a friend that is an advisor and I question some of the recruiting tactics...they may not be LS tactics, just hers.

That wouldn't do it for me.....No matter what I got for free, I would be ticked off at having to PAY to replace something that supposedly has a lifetime warranty.
We ask customers to pay to have something shipped back, but ONLY the cost of shipping. I think Janet is right when she said that the $5 covers the actual cost of the product.

I don't disagree Becky, but I have never had to send anything back.....I guess if I had, I would have more of a concern.

I like Silpada too Cathy - and Morgan Dane is good. I can only wear sterling silver or real gold, anything else breaks me out. I know LS is not that - maybe some pieces but not everything. Its cute stuff but I havent heard very good things about it.

Isn't LS buy 3 get the most expensive 1/2 off EVERY DAY???I've never bought it ... but as a former jewelry saleswoman ... I liked my jewelry blingy and classic. My old company (Sarah Coventry) has a "lifetime guarantee" but you have to send a $6 check for shipping. That's no matter what you send, however ... so I generally send several pieces for various people with one $6 check and they have never said a word.

I think some of the LS pieces are cute. I'd only buy something if I needed a necklace for a specific top. I bought two necklaces because I wanted something for a couple different t-shirts. I haven't had any problems.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Isn't LS buy 3 get the most expensive 1/2 off EVERY DAY???

I've never bought it ... but as a former jewelry saleswoman ... I liked my jewelry blingy and classic.

My old company (Sarah Coventry) has a "lifetime guarantee" but you have to send a $6 check for shipping. That's no matter what you send, however ... so I generally send several pieces for various people with one $6 check and they have never said a word.

Yeah, but every once in awhile they have buy 1 full price, get 2 at 1/2 price.

My PC ex-D ended up losing her directorship because she started selling LS at the same time. (She tried repeatedly to recruit me and the rest of her PC downline, so I finally called HO and two days later we got an email that she "resigned" her PC directorship.)

Last spring she was making money hand over fist with LS and even tried recruiting her PC SD!! I know she went inactive with PC and I think she has passed her year mark, so she is done. But I wonder how well she is doing with LS now that the economy isn't so great.

Wow, Katie. Was that hard for you to do, or was she just so annoying it was the only thing you felt you could do? People have a lot of nerve to disregard the policies.

Oh, and, if you post you're not "lurking"! :)

I was lurking yesterday, but just was too lazy to change it today! Plus we don't have a lazy mood. So, now I'm sneeky... better?

It was kinda hard to do, but at the same time, she was in relinquishment anyway. Then she tells us she is taking a personal waiver with PC for medical reasons. This was fine with me... she had a surgery that she wasn't healing very well from and with two small kids (3 years and 9 months), I knew she could use the rest. But then almost immediately after the personal waiver went into effect, I get an email inviting me to a LS open house she was having AT HER HOUSE!!! The last straw was when I got another email from her (addressed to ONLY her PC downline) inviting us to come and check out the business opportunity at LS! By that point I was sick because she was making money off of my hard work with PC while she spent her "recuperation time" working her LS business! After that, the call to HO was easy.

katie0128 said:
My PC ex-D ended up losing her directorship because she started selling LS at the same time. (She tried repeatedly to recruit me and the rest of her PC downline, so I finally called HO and two days later we got an email that she "resigned" her PC directorship.)

Last spring she was making money hand over fist with LS and even tried recruiting her PC SD!! I know she went inactive with PC and I think she has passed her year mark, so she is done. But I wonder how well she is doing with LS now that the economy isn't so great.

Honestly? jewelry sales are still great even in the lackluster economy...believe it or not. Women love jewelry!

I prefer Silpada over LS and Premier Me, too, and in that order.

I have to agree with Cathy also.

I have a friend you has had several LS parties. I had a Silpada party in the beginning of the year and she loves it and sworn never to do a LS party again! Said she didn't like the costume jewelry look and paying for the warranty on returns. Loves the Sterling Silver and really in love with belts!

Kelly V.

pcchris said:
Honestly? jewelry sales are still great even in the lackluster economy...believe it or not. Women love jewelry!

I was talking with my Silpada rep the other day and asked her on the economy was effecting her business and she said women are still pampering themselves with jewelry and in fact her sales are up.
She said she read that in bad economic times, direct sales profits usually increases.

Kelly V.

1. What types of jewelry are typically showcased at a jewelry show?

Jewelry shows can feature a variety of pieces, including necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, and other accessories such as brooches or hair clips. The specific types of jewelry may vary depending on the theme or focus of the show.

2. What materials are commonly used in jewelry at these shows?

Jewelry can be made from a wide range of materials, such as precious metals like gold and silver, gemstones like diamonds and rubies, or more affordable options like glass or plastic beads. The materials used will depend on the style and price range of the jewelry being showcased.

3. How do I know if a jewelry show is reputable?

To ensure the legitimacy of a jewelry show, it is important to research the event and its organizers beforehand. Look for reviews or recommendations from previous attendees, and check if the event is affiliated with any reputable jewelry organizations or associations.

4. What should I expect at a jewelry show?

At a jewelry show, you can expect to see a wide range of pieces from various designers or vendors. There may also be demonstrations or workshops, as well as opportunities to purchase or order jewelry directly from the exhibitors.

5. Is attending a jewelry show a good way to discover new and unique pieces?

Yes, attending a jewelry show can be a great way to discover new and unique pieces. You may come across designs or materials that you haven't seen before, and have the opportunity to meet and connect with emerging or independent jewelry designers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies